Finest Posts - March 2015 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Here we are again, celebrating not just the Ten Year Anniversary of our Indusladies, but also to celebrate the two winners for the Month of March!

March turned out to be very vibrant as far as FP is concerned. Was good to see a steady flow of select nominations . Our members took care to bring posts from other sub-forums too besides the Good to Read! It was interesting to note that most of the nominations were to do with relationships. The emotions and upheavals family, friends and even people we casually meet brings about in life is varied and impressive! Some sad, some poignant and some funny too! Goes to show how people in our lives matter to us.

The month also saw the return of a couple of our favorite writers after a period of absence besides our resident stars enthralling us with their interesting and fascinating posts.

The winner though for the month is a fresh entrant to the club of IL writers! She captures our imagination and heart with a very personal anecdote that was both an eye opener and a well told touching story. We bring you Jskls!

Winner of Finest Narration is " A journey back in time" by jskls !
    Congratulations Jskls!!

Parenting is a challenge, all of us know. Being a single parent is doubly so and when the single parent is a Man, we are often astonished! There must be any number of stories and incidents where the man marries soon after the wife passes away well before her time so that the new wife can bring up the children who are now mother less. Parenting and household is somehow thought of as a woman's job, especially in our country! That being so, jskls tells how her father brought her up up single handed and refused to marry making his children his priority! This snippet surely is an exemplar and deserves to be a winner! Thanks to Jskls for sharing this with us!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I mentioned earlier, most of the nominations had human emotions as the content. Whether parental love, family squabbles or whether it was how a person made a lasting impression, all had to do with the human feelings. Love is the most desired feeling of all! To experience such a blissful love is the dream most of us nourish and cherish! The entertainment world spins around the word called love providing us books, movies, plays and songs with love as its core subject. The world loves a lover! So do we in IL! Hence, we bring you our next winner who gives us ...you guessd, a love story!

Winner of the Finest Contribution is " Her name is Anu and I hate her..!!" written by ChillySnow!
    Congratulations ChillySnow!!

ChillySnow writes a neat story holding the reader's interest from the first line to the last. She has an easy and lucid style of writing, There are a lot of twists and turns in the story which makes for a gripping read.We get to learn that hate can also be a manifestation of love! Besides, she portrays the play of emotions beautifully with the love unfolding gradually and organically. A very efficient story teller indeed. We do hope she continues to write further!

So friends, thus ends another monthly celebration ceremony in our FP! Before we go, we present you two more winners, the seasoned winner Iyerviji and Rajinitk4 who is fast catching up, for bringing our winners of the month!

We request all the winners and their first nominators to PM their usernames, pin codes, contact numbers to
    IL_Admin so their gifts can be dispatched!

Your FP Team

Links to the Winning posts:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/269262-a-journey-back-in-time.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/269622-her-name-anu-i-hate.html

6 people like this.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

This is a special time for all of us at Indusladies.! When I came upon this site and became a member all those years ago, I had no clue that it was going to become a part of my daily routine! Here I am almost on the eve of its tenth year, announcing for the nth time the winners of the Finest Posts!

Like every sub-forum on IL, Finest Posts too was the bright idea of our Induslady which was started in April 2007! When she scouted and asked me to moderate it, I was apprehensive! But I had no reason to be so. I have always had great partners working with me on FP and
    @Vidya24 was with me bridging all the teething troubles of FP. When the gifted Vidya left, I had another partner who kept my spirits soaring as we worked together on FP, @SoaringSpirit! When she too had to leave, I thought I'd never find another such understanding partner. But lo behold! Our own rambler, @Cheeniya Sir showed up and from then on, it has been a cake walk to be working on FP! All of you will more than agree I know!

However, FP would not exist if not for all of you, our IL members! Especially those who post regularly, be it in snippets, stories, poetry, relationship advise, culture and religion; craft suggestions and art work, education and technical know how; household tips, parenting, pregnancy and also about various health issues, not to forget food, food and food !!

FP forum had the privilege to present great writers and contributors in the past like
    @Sunkan,@Malspie,@Twinsmom,@Manjureddy,@Kamala Kkrish and so many others who do not seem to write for us anymore.

All of you are aware of the writers who keep Finest Posts rocking to this day. I am not mentioning them by name as the list is delightfully long!

All of our sub-forums have great posts, Finest Posts! Although most of the nominated posts are from Good to Read section! Let us hope that we together can slowly change that trend! Glad to note that March nominations already show a slight improvement in that direction!

That is not to undermine the nominations we recieve from the Good to Read section. I have personally gained from our writers and poets here. Their thoughts, ideas, idealism, happiness and frustration expressed in the writings has widened my horizons. Any wonder? Reading always enriches a person and I have been served the choicest of articles and contributions on a silver platter. No wonder I am hooked on to IL and look forward to the nominations month after month. There is so much to read and learn, so much to contemplate upon and so much to enjoy! Besides, all the humor and the tongue-in-cheek posts never fail to touch one's funny bone or make their mark. How often does not a post leave you wanting more?

So, I hereby thank all of my fellow IL'ites for keeping my grey cells working and providing such a varied and interesting fare to feast upon. Time to say a big Thank You to all our writers and members who nominate the select posts!

Don't know if I will be around when the next ten years are done. But I am sure that FP will be still swinging, thanks to our IL'ites!

L, Kamla

PS: Any names left out from past or present is not intentional! Please pardon my poor memory!

3 people like this.
  3. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

I love the post by JSKLS. Very well expressed! Congrats @jskls

1 person likes this.
  4. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Congrats @jskls.. Yay !!

1 person likes this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you all for nominating and making this finest narration of this month. This is my first time here and I am honored for all the encouragement I get here.

I loved the post by @Chillysnow. wonderfully written Her name is Anu and I love her

Thanks again

1 person likes this.
  6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to winners.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  7. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Congrats LS & CS

1 person likes this.
  8. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to all the winners.

2 people like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hearty Congratulations jskls and ChillySnow!

And thank you for bringing the posts to FP forum Viji aunty, JS Ma'm and rajinitk. Congratulations!

3 people like this.
  10. ChillySnow

ChillySnow New IL'ite

2 people like this.