Finest Posts- January 2015 Winners

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,
    The general thinking among those people who have time for such reflections is that older people make better judges. I am always happy to set the records straight and remove such fallacies from the minds of such people! That is the reason why I generally take the back seat when it comes to announcing the FP winners at the end of the month and let my younger buddy take over the reins. But due to circumstances beyond my control (as if I had ever had any control over my circumstances) I am here sitting before you and typing out my announcement.

Srama rolled out the year with so much love to give and she sure knows that love, like mercy, blesseth him that gives and him that takes. It is no surprise that she is looked upon as the beacon of love here. Blackbeauty takes over from where Srama has left. She talks of ‘the year that was’ with so much cheer and positivity that can only be the product of a heart that has so much love to give. All the love and positivity of these two chirpy souls make Balajee get into a highly benevolent mood forcing him to dole out awards on some very uncommon grounds!

Kamalji thinks that he is the world’s oldest guy after reaching sixty and starts exploring how to be happy while ageing! And the prominent other sixty year old Viswa takes a magnifying glass in his hand and starts examining all the potholes on the road to retirement. And the seventy plus OJ throws an indulgent smile at these two youngsters and goes into reverie of his youth and the wonderful friends he had chanced to encounter.
    Satchi’s soliloquy is thankfully not a murky one like what the Bard normally makes his characters indulge in. This soliloquy is an expression of gratitude for the life that has been genteel and an expression of hope for the goodness to continue in the years to come. Shanvy believes in giving shape to such hopes by rendering sound advice on what one can do with herself with excellent education and career options.

Neetu is a type that keeps drawing lessons of life from anything that she can have her hands on. Give me a pencil and in no time I’ll start chewing on it! Old habits die hard you see! But in the case of Neetu, she lets her pencil chew her mind and extract some sound morals. And Srama steps in again to point out that the little acts of innocence of children could be a deep exercise in faith that could even make Nature oblige them.

The sight of a man running with a water bottle in hand makes gayayasmin break into a poem which our resident poet promptly notices and nominates. This is what perception is all about. The beauty of an old couple working in tandem can match the exquisite dance of a peacock and peahen says hrastro. And her narration of the home makers dance sounds like a commentary of an excited bird watcher!

As I was about to say, ‘Oh Lord Krishna, please help me to spot the correct winners this month’, Akanksha rushes in to plead with me to spare Lord Krishna as He has many problems of His own! So the poor me is on his own! After going through the nominations back and forth, I finally pick on two winners and I do hope my buddy is with me on this.

‘The Year that was….’ commends itself as the Finest Post of the Month for its cheer, positivity and attitude towards life. It embodies the very power of positive thinking.

I am happy to declare http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ion/266107-the-year-that-was.html#post3468843 by blackbeauty84 as the Finest Narration of the Month. Congratulations blackbeauty and congratulations Iyerviji for nominating this post. You sure seem to be monopolizing the nomination of winning posts!

‘Homemakers dance’ by hrastro is indeed a heartwarming tale of a middle-aged couple. This is the quintessence of what domestic harmony is all about. Reading through this story, I was smiling for two reasons. The first is the happy feelings that it generated in me. Second is my thought about how my wife would have treated me had I been as helpful as this uncle in her middle age. Past 70, when I try to help her, she thinks I am a nuisance!

I am happy to announce hrastro’s delightful story of a middle-aged couple http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/266674-homemakers-dance.html as the Finest Contribution of the Month. Congratulations hrastro and congratulations Sister Sakthi for nominating it!

(We request all the winners and their first nominators to PM their usernames, pin codes, contact numbers to
    IL_Admin so they can send them the gifts!)
    The FP Team

8 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Congrats BB84 and HR.

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I almost had tears of joy when I read about Cheeniya's sir mention of positivity in my post. I would have mentioned about Praying for a bundle of joy in my post, thanks to god, thanks to wishes of all wonderful ILites god indeed blessed me with a bundle of joy and I'm happily expecting now. Somewhere god hears our prayers and answers it at the right time.

Thanks Cheeniya sir, Thanks Iyerviji mam for the nomination. Million thanks all you wonderful ILites.

5 people like this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Blackbeauty84!

Please accept my Hearty Congratulations!! Congratulations are meant for your impending Motherhood! I did say that you will have to change your profile to 'I am a Happy Mother' and it has happened!! Let us all thank the Almighty in Rameswaram or wherever the Powerful One may be, we have cause to celebrate!

Celebrate we do in that you are the winner of Finest Narration of the Month! Once again, Congratulations!

Nothing like being positive and optimistic and you are a proof of it!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hrastro,

Congratulations on Winning the Finest Contribution of the Month!

The dance you took us all to is indeed a rare one because though all of us manage to do some steps together in our married lives, to be in sync like your uncle and aunt is a rare deed indeed! :) That's what fascinates most readers when we go through your write up! Mind you, I did say 'most' because who knows, there may be quite a few of those dancers among us and that is a heartening thought!

Keep bringing us such happy stories!

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Buddy sir!

As usual, bowled over by your impressive announcement of the winners!

First of all, your 'young' buddy is not as young as you make her out to be! Unfortunately!!:cry: On the other hand, true that a very young heart resides within me and I keep looking up to the barely sixty year old writers as my seniors!!!!! That is what you call as living in an illusion! A nice illusion methinks.:)

So, I agree with your first sentence totally!!

The desire to see you announce is like the desire to have that luscious chocolate cake or cheese cake. If not a cake person, it is like enjoying that very very sinful rasmalai dripping with rabdi! Who will forgo such pleasures?

Well, for today I am very happy and content after lapping up all that beautifully worded and intricately spun announcement which included all of our winning posts and went on to pick the cherries on top of the deliciously yummy vanilla ice cream!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Blackbeauty and Hrastro

Glad that my nominated post got the award, so I am also a winner.

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Anna for saying nice thing about me. Feel very happy when my nominated post get the award and by nominating the best post I am also a winner

9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to the winners.Thanks to IL Team for the encouagement shown.
    Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  10. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Congrats to both BB84 and Hrastro.

Double congrats to BB84 on her sweet success in TTC journey. Lots of baby showers and love to you.

1 person likes this.