Finest Posts- February 2015 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends
    After watching the ‘kattippudi vaidyam’ (the Hug Treatment) that Namo gave to Barrack yesterday and its subsequent effect on the lanky President from US, I have decided to resort to it for the rest of my life. The two leaders have started calling each other Namo and Barrack I am told. Obama has never stopped smiling since the hug at the Airport. He even tried chewing gum at the R-Day Parade to resist smiling but the smile persisted. This was the first time that I saw someone chewing gum and smiling simultaneously.

Why am I telling you all this? It is just to share with you the news that the effect of that hug has rubbed off on me too and I have been in an expansive mood since yesterday. So I decided that my partner and buddy Kamla should feel the effect of my benevolent mood and hence spare her the trouble of opening fresh nominations for February 2015. Before doing it, let me wish you all a happy Republic Day. After watching the impressive R Day parade for two hours this morning on the TV, one tends to feel that India’s Golden Age is in the offing. Guptas and Mauryas achieved the Golden Age easily by constructing free rest rooms for the weary travelers and planting trees to give them shade. Apart from the weary travelers of yore, I was the greatest beneficiary of their benevolence because it was by quoting these two activities of Guptas and Maryas that I scored well in my History examinations!

I hear my buddy grinding her teeth at my massive digression! So let me come straight to the point. As you all know, 26[SUP]th[/SUP] of every month is the day when we close the nominations for the current month and call for fresh nominations for the ensuing month. Accordingly I open the nominations for February 2015. And gladly so! Finest posts are getting finer and that is a matter of great joy for us. Our nominators are doing a great job too. I just want to draw your attention to a small thing though. Out of 13 nominations received in January, only one was from outside the Good to Read Forum. There are loads of good stuff appearing in other forums too and I would earnestly request the nominators to spread their search for good posts to nominate from visiting all the forums. I do not want an impression to be created that only Snippets from Good to Read Forum are eligible for nomination!
    With that in mind, go ahead and keep nominating!!

Your FP Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below: Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.

This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

4 people like this.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    So, the chewing gum and smiling caught your attention also!!! I thought it is me only! My family was saying it is rude on my part to comment like that.Now I am happy that I have company!!!!Frankly speaking I feel chewing gum and Paan also are rude when in company...especially in the company of elders. I am against both.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

My dear Syamala
    Thanks a lot for this super fast response! My granddaughter tells me that the simultaneous performance of chewing gum and smiling is the hallmark Indian villains! I assured her that Obama should not be included in this category and reminded her that every rule had an exception!
    Sri

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya sir,

Oh what a pleasure! Its a double whammy, to tell you the truth!

After having watched the live streaming of our nation's Republic Day parade which kept me awake till the morning hours of today and after waking up to a white bright morning, thanks to the snow which is supposed to turn into a blizzard very soon, I brought my groggy head to concentrate on the work at hand and logged in to IL. Lo behold, a wonderful lush green write up by my favorite writer and a new thread to kick start February soon cleared my head and warmed my heart! :)

Thank you for the same!

As for the chewing of gum, the whole nation's newspapers have made it the headlines! Going to show that nobody missed it! @Shyamala1234, take note!! Well, I did sleep on those visuals feeling proud and happy about my Motherland and did wonder why the 'lanky' president chewed gum the way he did. He is a smoker you know, may be the gum helped him to keep focused and relaxed? Whatever, the stark difference between our respectful India and the abandon of a young country like America was only all too clear...going by the headgear of Namo and the gum of Barrack!

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

President Obama found it hard to smile for a prolonged period of time thanks to the recently elections in which Republicans took control of both the House and the Senate. He has only two more years to accomplish whatever he promised the Americans. His popularity rating is all time low even though it improved a bit after his State of the Union address. He stopped all wars, closed Gitmo, the prison in Cuba, killed Osama Bin Laden, reduced deficit, reduced unemployment, improved relationship with Cuba, introduced ordinance to regularize the illegal immigrants who have overstayed in the US for more than 10 years, introduced Affordable Health Care for those who can't afford health insurance and helped grow the economy to 5% per quarter. That is a lot for a President to accomplish in a short period of time. Perhaps, Americans' expectations are a lot more than what he could accomplish.

On the contrary, Namo is the most popular leader in India and continues to win elections in many states in India. His popularity rating is increasing even after he came to power. He controls the Parliament and is most friendly individual President Obama came across in the recent times. Moreover, the expectation of Indians are moderate and anything that Namo achieves better than Congress will be well appreciated. But President Obama perhaps is not aware of this.

I am not sure whether it is jealousy or surprise. He is overwhelmed with something that makes him chew gums and keep smiling forever. As Kamla pointed out, he is a smoker and probably in order to overcome the urge, he is chewing gums instead.

Right from their first meeting in the US, they clicked very well and I hope this makes the governments to work together better to achieve some great heights in their relationship.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  6. spice

spice Bronze IL'ite

2 people like this.
  7. Cheeniya

My dear buddy Kamla
    Among the very few people who feel happy at my arrival, you are certainly one. About a couple of decades back, the number used to be at least thrice of this but my tendency to rob the words of their inherent potential for entertaining people and make them as bland as the food given to a patient recovering from food poisoning has certainly alienated me from many of them! From what you say, I understand that I have achieved the twin task of warming your heart and clearing your groggy head. I know that the former is easy and all that is required to achieve it is just a warm smile and cheerful hello but the latter is far more difficult. To achieve that, I must first of all have a clear head myself and I have heard many people remarking that they wished that my head was as clear inside as it was outside! A big thank you for your very warm reception!

I am not trying to be critical of the lanky President chewing gum during the solemn Republic Day Parade. How the heart and mind conceive the whole show is more important than what the mouth does at that moment. From all outward appearances I tend to give full marks to the President. In any case, I understand that his good friend Namo pointed out to him through gestures about the aberration in his behaviour and the President promptly responded by removing it and presumably sticking it under the chair as the chewers tend to do globally. Watching it on the TV probably prompted Aamir Khan smiling it off and saying 'All'z well'!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  8. Cheeniya

My dear Viswa
    That list of achievements is quite awesome and I see no reason for anyone to bear a grudge against Obama. The campaign against him is to be viewed against the election of the next President now that he has done the two terms permissible. Some mud slinging is perhaps necessary to belittle his achievements so that what the future aspirants offer to the people would look like manna from heavens.

I have to say something about chewing gum here. I consider it as an act of supreme confidence. The last time that I saw someone chewing gum, he towered over the poor fellow who dismissed chewing gum as a lowly act and waved it away when it was offered to him. The fellow who willingly tried it out turned out to be a role model for all humans. You may watch his story here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK3iZMI0d1E

I am sure that the President used it an opportunity to show the world that he was an undisputed leader. You are right about Namo. He is under no compulsion to achieve anything as his road-shows have taken him beyond all that. Whatever projects that he has announced have proved to be a hit. The broom manufacturers are ecstatic about the boom in their business though the upcountry witches who use them as the vehicle for their mobility are very critical of Namo. Fortunately they are only a minority. Indians are happy with the announcement of schemes. No one follows up on implementation and so he can keep smiling eternally.

The weary Chinese President has warned Namo about the possibility of Obama bowling a chinaman and getting him stranded in the field. Meanwhile we shall stand aside and watch the fun!
    Sri

2 people like this.
  9. Cheeniya

Dear spice
    Thanks a lot for opening the February nominations with Akanksha's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ion/267084-obama-modi-summit.html#post3483291
    If I were a film producer, I would without any hesitation entrust Akanksha with the script and dialogue writing! Her dialogues are so sparkling that they would carry even the dullest story to the hundred crore club! Obama and Namo did keep us smiling through their three-day interaction. In fact I kept smiling until my jaws ached. I have no doubt that in all their one-to-one interaction, these two followed Akanksha's dialogues word by word!

I could see the members stepping into the Good to Read Forum walking out clutching their sides after reading Akanksha's report on http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ion/267084-obama-modi-summit.html#post3483291
    She is a professional humorist as stillwaters has correctly branded her.
    Sri

2 people like this.
  10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Balajee's
    [h=3]Become A Baba Get A Padma Award!!!!!!!! has been recommended for the finest post.Couched in humour the snippet reveals the pathetic method of selection of 'Padma awardees'-some rejecting what is given longing for the highest and best.[/h]It is of doubt whether 'Awards' are commanded, or demanded or really awarded.
    Well done Balaji.It is a satire of the highest rank.

jayasala 42

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.