Finest Posts - December 2014 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

It is Thanksgiving Day in the US, the biggest family holiday when families and close friends get together and celebrate with a festive meal and also express their thanks to everyone and everything that is good in their lives.

So, at this special time, it will be the utmost pleasure to thank all of our Finest Post patrons, participants, writers and readers who make our Finest Post sub forum a very interesting, elevating, joyous and enriching forum. It takes creative minds and a talent to write wonderful posts and it take equally generous people to appreciate and reward these writers with their appreciation, their own take on the post and finally nominate the posts as finest!

December is here whether we want to believe it or not! So, we hope this trend goes on not only this December month, but, for many many Decembers to come!

Stage is set, look forward to all of your action!

Your FP Team
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check[COLOR=#009900 !important]this link
    below: Finest Posts of IL

Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making [COLOR=#009900 !important]the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653
    [/COLOR]

6 people like this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir & Kamla,

I am here to nominate the post http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ion/264610-dont-come-near-carnatic-music.html written by Smt. Jayasala. Informally, she has become a professor not only teaching many of us how to choose a subject and dissect it but also how to write it well. I feel truly privileged to be part of IL reading her wonderful posts. Her sense of humor about carnatic music is phenomenal and at the same time, she conducted a lesson for those who don't know anything about carnatic music. I have read that so many times to enjoy the sense of humor and I will cherish this post for a long time.

There is so much to learn from her posts and let me start learning the lessons with my humble pranams to her.

Vijiakka,

Please forgive me for beating you this time to nominate this post.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear buddy Kamla
    Good you reminded me to thank you on Thanksgiving Day for all that you have done during the month for the FP forum. You have yet again proved what a 'One Woman Army' you are! You have very effectively communicated to the world that 'Cheeniya may come, Cheeniya may go, but I go on forever!' Thank you my dear buddy!

This opening announcement for December is the shortest, crispest and sweetest of all opening announcements made in this Forum so far! It makes me realise that brevity is the soul of wit but unfortunately, this is one truth of life that can never get drilled into my thick skull. People always accuse me of suffering from 'Stopping trouble' and what can I do except sulking happily about it?

So as you can see, I am here again to reduce your burden at least quantitatively if not qualitatively for who can ever substitute for the awesome Kamla? Chennai weather is getting to be beautiful. All the music halls have been freshly painted up and gleaming. The temples are busy mike-testing to broadcast Thiruppavai and Thiruvembavai early in the morning in the month of Margazhi. I understand from the immortal poet Kannadasan that it is the best month in the whole year. Let us all get into a celebrative mood and may that mood be reflected in the nominations of the month!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  4. Cheeniya

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna and Kamla
    I am here to nominate Jayakka's post http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/264689-ramas-vishwaroopam.html. For this I am copying Viswa's words which is so true

Informally, she has become a professor not only teaching many of us how to choose a subject and dissect it but also how to write it well. I feel truly privileged to be part of IL reading her wonderful posts.

There is so much to learn from everypost of hers. She is a boon to IL teaching us thought provoking lessons

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kamla

I also second Sri Anna that this is your shortest, sweetest and crispiest announcement. The year is coming to an end. Here in Mulund it is Ayyappa Season plus Sapthangam during December and I feel blessed to be here to attend whenever possible.

You and Anna are also greatwriters and ILs feel happy when they get feedbacks from both of you because it is like getting an award.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viswa I was glad that you nominated Jayakka's post because I was also thinking of nominating the same when the December nomination is started but sad that it is under Forwarded messages

8. Cheeniya

My dear Viji
    Seeing your nomination of jayasala's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/264689-ramas-vishwaroopam.html I rushed to the thread to read your FB there but got disappointed! Thank you for your nomination, the first one for the month!

This is a very interesting story and it has to be so when it involves Kakabhushandi. This sage is reportedly immortal and has outlived many a pralaya or apocalypse. The legend has it that he gives Diksha to Lord Siva Himself in every era and is the Guru of Vashishata and Lord Rama. Many of you would have heard of Kakabhujandar Nadi which is attributed to this Sage.

Coming to the concept of Viswaroopam, most of the common folks believe that it is the infinitive version of a God's form which is beyond the scope of normal human vision! As jaya says, viswaroopa darsanam is the man's ability to realise that God is in everything and everything is in God. If a person sees god in everything in the Universe, that is viswaroopa darsanam. "yo maam pasyathi sarvatra, sarvam cha mayi pashyathi thasyaaham na pranasyaami sa cha me na pranasyathi " aptly sums up the very essence of Viswaroopam.

A good nomination, my dear Viji. Very educative as you say.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Welcome back from your short absence! The place is not same without your presence! :)

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

I would like to nominate Madhu Prabha's
    [h=3]My personal opinion about IndusLadies as the finest post for the month[/h]It is an openminded outpouring of a lady living in a close net of relatives and friends, always being under constant scan, an expression of what every woman would under similar circumstances feel.

Jayasala 42

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.