Finest Posts- October 2014 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello dear friends!

Welcome to all of you for another of our proud presentation! I expect the excitement level to be very high given the quality and quantity of the nominations. It seems the smaller the quantity, higher the quality! No doubt that the month was highly exciting as one gem followed another in the nomination list. Yet, we bring you two outstanding posts as our winners!

The charm of narration reaches a peak when every reader can relate to it. As one reads, one gets so involved and starts reminiscing and feels one with the author. At times the words become the reality around you. It could be a figment of imagination or a world one has left behind in the travel of life filling you with nostalgia. This writer does just that and with aplomb!

Winner of Finest Narration is Ojaantrik for his Kamala Bastralaya!
    Congratulations OJ da!

The title in itself pulls me to the black and white movies of yonder and Oj da's tailor within reminds all of us of our own Tailor Shop around the corner, a dying scenario in today's Mall culture invading our towns! It is a simple narration about simple people but written with his usual grand strokes!

Oj da, nice to see you back in full swing this month with two snippets whetting our appetite for more! Hope you got the message!

----------------------------------------------------

Talking about bygone days of simple pleasure, one is reminded of the hectic fast paced life of today. Yes friends, welcome back with a bang! Wake up call of the alarm clock, click of the tiffin boxes and smack on sandwiches and a hot coffee lifted off the counter of the coffee shop, hop on to the commuter and off to work. Back home to a quick fix dinner, catch the news, open the lap top and what, is it 11 pm? Life is hectic but one needs the green bucks to run the machinery of life! But how much money is enough and what about enjoying the life? Is this a question that pops up in the mind often these days?

Winner of the Finest Contribution is MrsBV for her "Broke but happy!!" !
    Congratulations MrsBV!

Welcome MrsBV to the club of eminent writers of IL! Not only do you write well, you also prod us to think and muse! It is writers like you who brought about the adage 'the pen is mightier than the sword'!! ' Be the change you want to see in the world' is also another such adage which I am sure you will like very much! We surely await to read a lot more of your well scripted thoughts!

Links to the winning posts:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/262103-kamala-bastralaya.html by Ojaantrik
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/262303-broke-but-happy.html by MrsBV

7 people like this.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Herewith we thank Kamalji and Iyerviji for bringing these winning posts to stand! They too are winners by default!

We request all our winners to PM their Usernames, Pin Codes and Contact Numbers to IL_Admin so they can send your gifts. Thank you.

Your,
    FP Team.

1 person likes this.
  3. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

hearty congratulation oj n mrsbv

2 people like this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Friends,

Once again I repeat here that though the nominations were not many for the month of October, it was easily balanced off by the excellence of each of the nominated posts.

The tone was set by the auspicious post of Rmuramka where she wrote about her pilgrimage to a significant temple down South, extremely well written. This was soon followed by our snippet queen Srama/ Sabitha who was generous enough to entertain us with three essays this month. After that, who can complain of anything lacking?! Our Indus men Ojaantrik, Rrg, Rgs, Balaji, GoogleGlass were all very active and productive supplying us with an assortment of subjects and thoughts to mull about, which we happily did I would say! Relatively new writers Stillwaters and MrsBV proved to be the talent to watch out for and I am sure all of us are thrilled with their entry into this arena. The thoughtful inter actions of members such as Jayasala42, Gauridinesh and Hridhaya are most valuable for a forum like ours.

With such a thoughtful and talented writers and caring members and with Cheensaar as my buddy and partner (in crime), I feel we make a great rocking lot and I am so thankful to be a part of this impressive family!

Looking forward to another month of great read, I say adieu for now!|

L, Kamla

6 people like this.
  5. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]
    Take pride & sport a big smile :))) Heartiest congratulations OJ da & Mrs BV.

2 people like this.
  6. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Congrats OK/OJ and BV

2 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow Kamla dear what an announcement, a special award and three cheers to you for the wonderful announcement. You and my dear Anna win our hearts with your FP announcement and replies month after month. Glad that the post nominated by me of Mrs. BV won the award, so a pat on my back for that.

Just as parents will be proud of their children IL must be proud of having you and my dear Anna in the FP team.

3 people like this.
  8. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

congrats both winners

2 people like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congrats OJ da and Mrs. BV for winning the award, both of you deserve it

Congrats Kamalji for the best nomination and a pat on my back also. I am glad since two months my nomination got the award

4 people like this.
  10. kalpavriksham

kalpavriksham Gold IL'ite

Hearty congrats to the winners
    and all the other participants(writers) also.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
    2 people like this.