Finest Posts- August 2014 Winners

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    Looking at the awesome list of 26 nominations for the month of August, I am reminded of the famous Tamil film song which tells us that if Lord Muruga laughs at Tirupparamkundram its echo can be heard at the hill of Tiruttani! The nominations started with Shanvy’s Indian lunch ideas sans rice and ended with Satchi telling us to ‘Like it or lump it’ as if to imply that if we cared for good health, it was imperative that we liked Shanvy’s ideas or else lumps of fat would start accumulating all over our torso! Isn’t it amazing that a clear link exists between the first and last nominations of the month and that both were nominated by Iyerviji?

Reacting to the anti-rice campaign of Shanvy, Pushpavalli butts in to make her point that rice or no rice, Old age has its toll! Jayasala has probably had too much of this ‘It is Kaliyuga! What else can you expect?’ and she comes with an entirely new perspective about the Yuga calculation. She concludes with a reassuring forecast that in another 70 years we may get into the Tretha Yuga, the Yuga that gave us the ‘Ram Rajya’!

RGS has as usual packed some brilliant stuff under his terse monosyllabic titles and after telling us that if we feel grief over some loss, others are in greater grief over bigger losses, he walks away flashing one of his famous smiles surveying all the lively goings on en route to his office. At the time of writing this summary of all the nominations, I am told that the abusive telephone calls have forced powerpuffgal to seek the help of Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup to get rid of the evil callers.

JustMyself feels enormously benevolent these days because she is a firm believer in the butterfly effect of good deeds done and she knows that this will eventually make Jayasala’s predictions come true! The Good Samaritan that is Naksh issues yet another cautionary notice about Job Postings. Quebec wants Satchi to keep spinning a tale not realizing that it is for others to carry on with this spinning as she is right now on medication for her spinning head! Shalu is researching into a new kind of madness called FB that has gone viral and none of her readers is able to provide her any clue about how to contain this menacing epidemic.

There is a very rare ‘isolated’ case of someone who having strayed away from what she wanted to be in the first instance has now declared to the world that she would eventually get to be what she really is. Good old Viswa is on a pilgrimage of love and self discovery. He wants to find out what makes Indians so courteous and compassionate. Viswa, don’t go too far for an answer. Just turn the focus on to yourself! Kamalji is not happy with the suicidal decision of Robin Williams and is appalled at the colossal waste of life but Gauri gives him some highly researched insight into the suicidal tendencies of people.

The rest of the nominations of the month are children oriented starting from TTC and an indignant foetus to the artistic tendencies of children and the uncomfortable questions they can ask! Parenting and Sibling Harmony add colour to the nominations.

I have given you a run through of all the nominations received in August. Are you still finding it difficult to guess who could be the Winner of the Finest Narration Award? Yes, my friends, I am happy to declare

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...thful-answers-to-uncomfortable-questions.html by guesshoo
    as the Winner of the Finest Narration for August 2014.
    This delightful thread has brought on a warm smile on more than 4000 faces. Need we give you a greater reason for declaring it a Winner?

Gauri03 has come out with such a profound insight into depression and its fatal ramifications that I did not have to tax my head too much in deciding on the Winner of the Finest Contribution Award for the month.
    I have great pleasure in declaring

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...epression-cant-simply-willed.html#post3361850 by Gauri03 as the Winner of the Finest Contribution for August 2014.

Hearty congratulations to guesshoo and Gauri03! I do hope that this recognition will motivate you to entertain us with more from your creative keyboard!
    Hearty congratulations to Satchi and deepslikes, the first nominators of the Prize Winning entries and others who seconded these nominations.

(We request all the winners and their first nominators to PM their usernames, pin codes, contact numbers to IL_Admin so they can send them the gifts!)
    The FP Team

8 people like this.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Thats a beautiful announcement of winners cheeniya.

Congrats guessho & Gauri, also Satchi & deepslikes.

3 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow my dear Anna I think you should get an award for the finest announcement of winners. Just as noone can take the place of a mother, noone can take your place in announcing winners, giving feedbacks , or giving comments in finest forum. Hats off to you Anna, I think everyone will agree with me

5 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Guesswho, Gauri and Satchi and Deepslike

2 people like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to the deserving winners and the nominating members.
    Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations to the Winners!!

Dear Guesshoo,

A very enlightening post and thread which will come handy not just for parents, but for all who have to deal with the very frank and probing questions from the little innocent and curious minds. A thread that will be referred to in a long time to come. Great work! Glad you are a Winner for this! :cool2:

Dear Gauri3,

A very informative post about depression and its effects. Robin Williams broke more hearts than can be imagined with his suicide and left many wondering what could lead a man who seemed to have everything in life to end that precious life. He was even quite open about his ailments in his recent interviews. Yet it leaves one shocked and puzzled. Reading about your detailed description of how depression affects people can help to throw some light on this malady which seems to be an enigma. Thanks for this post and glad that it has made you a winner. Please come forth with more such meaningful posts.:thankyou2:

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

August has ended and it just passed by me and I didn't even notice. :spin

Looks like in FP, this August seems to have been an happening month with twenty six amazing nominations!! Each and every post, as described by your very lucid write up, seems to be a gem and I am sure it was difficult to make the pick!!

Anyways, why fear when Cheeniya is here!

Amazing winning posts! And...An Amazing Announcement from our Sirji! Enjoyed reading the break up of all the nominated posts. Fills me with enthusiasm to read them All at One Go! Though I have managed to read a few, they were pitiably few! But now there is no stopping me. I am all set to enjoy all of them, thanks to your wonderful, enthusiastic and beautifully written announcement! :cool2:

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  8. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations guessho & Gauri, also Satchi & deepslikes for nominating the posts.

2 people like this.
  9. DrPreetha

DrPreetha Gold IL'ite

Hearty congratulations guesshoo. Me a silent fan of you now.:) straight,clear,mature,understanding posts, specially parenting ones.Keep coming up with nice threads again

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Guesshoo,
    Mothers(and fathers) for years to come will truly benefit from the thread you started and the insightful and funny responses you got to the same! I for one am always in favor of not sweeping things under the rug and telling kids the truth and your thread gives a lot of ideas in responding to sensitive yet important topics. You truly deserve the FP win.

Dear Gauri,
    How many times have we seen people not getting the help because any kind of mental ailment is considered taboo? I see friends not seeking help for depression especially PPD because it's considered a terrible thing to have. It means you aren't strong enough.
    Your topic also hits home because I've been told numerous times by people that I made a huge mistake getting an ASD diagnosis for my son, that he's just naughty, that it's just a speech delay and that my son is going to get a life long label because I decided to get this diagnosis. Apparently he is going to outgrow his speech issues and be just fine. I've got several PMs with similar contents from some members here. That being the mentality, how can someone get the help he/she deserves. I feel terrible for my son but he needs the help and it's not something that will just go away. It's going to be a big disservice to anyone with any neurological issue to wait and watch and not get the right kind of professional intervention. I wish people got the help. They get better sooner, put things behind them and lead enriching lives afterwards. The longer you wait the more the ramifications.
    The most important thing a person undergoing depression or other neurological issues needs is family support, acceptance and understanding. I hope everyone needing the help and support gets it.

Thank you for writing about this. It inspires me to write about my DS's diagnosis and struggles, something that is at the back of my mind.

Congrats for the FP win. Your post needs to be the FP of the year or century even!

Regards,
    L

2 people like this.