Finest Posts-July 2014 Winners

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    You must all be wondering how is that this old man never gets tired of responding to every nomination month after month and following it up with the announcement of Winners from time to time. You may be asking yourself ‘what is the secret of his energy’ expecting me to answer in the famous lineage of Kapil, Sachin, Dhoni and now Kohli that ‘Boost is the secret of my energy’! Let me tell you that this preferred beverage of sports icons is in my banned list and you know why! The reason for my energy is the elixir of fantastic writings of our ILites and the more of them I read the more rejuvenated I become.

Sixteen champagne pieces this month that got me more drunk than Omar Khayyam! I do not worry any more by the diminishing number of nominations. Why would I when each nomination is worth its weight in gold? This is fun indeed to break my head about who should wear the crown this month when all the heads appear equally eminent. And look at the range of topics covered! The Working Woman looms larger than life. Is skin the basis of all beauty, questions another in an anguished tone. When the predominant question that is often being discussed in the community is that of solving the problems of married life, a seasoned veteran tells us that it just child’s play! And there is poetic recipe to avoid falling into the trap of divorce too!

In these days of pedophiles getting brutally active, we have someone advising young mothers how to teach their young children about ‘bad touch’. We have a daughter getting emotional about her Amma. Balajee continues to be at his satirical best in his interpretation of a simple sneeze while Kamalji is in his usual ‘tongue in cheek’ form in celebrating Guru Poornima. Annujp82 announces her homecoming with great flair that delights the puritans no end! We see nothing irrational in SGBV’s aversion to dogs and the love and concern that got expressed for the hapless pup in various comments was indeed overwhelming. Desigirl appears more inspired than ever before in eating healthy food! The enigmatic Satchi is as active as ever despite worrying her head about need, greed or old habits that make people use autorickshaws over and over again.

If mighty Ravana had been the judge of the FP contest, he would have selected ten of them one with each head! Honestly I have never found selecting a winner as tough as in this month. I love every one of the nominated threads but when it comes to pronouncing the Winners, I am drawn towards two threads in particular. First is the recipe from a veteran of the community for a long and happy married life. Iyerviji does not deliver a sermon about it but merely throws a few delicate suggestions based on her own life. I am happy to declare her thread

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ction/256944-may-we-different-each-other.html

as the Winner of the Finest Narration for July 2014. Thank you RGS for nominating this thread and eight others for seconding it.

In Shalumurthy’s thread I can sense the anguished feelings of a hurt mother about the flippant views expressed at the colour of the skin of her baby. In fact, I am myself surprised at such reactions particularly at a newborn baby! I always thought we attached a lot more importance to the most perishable part of human anatomy than due. How shallow people can be! I am happy to declare this moving thread of Shalumurthy

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/256613-colorful-drama.html

as the Winner of the Finest Contribution for July 2014. Congratulations Shalu! That makes it a double for Viji who has nominated this thread!

(We request all the winners and their nominators to PM their usernames, pin codes, contact numbers to
    IL_Admin so they can send them the gifts!)

The FP Team

2. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations Viji aunty & Shalumurty ! :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  3. Sai3A21

Sai3A21 Platinum IL'ite

Hearty congratulations Vijima and Shalumurthy:party

2 people like this.
  4. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations viji ma & shalumurthy :party

2 people like this.
  5. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Yet again a Wonderful announcement Cheeniya sir. I am always amazed at the beauty of your announcements. Its not just to know who the FP winners are we look forward to with a lot of enthusiasm but the FP winner announcement by our own Cheeniya sir which is no less than a FP by itself.

Congratulations Vijima and Shalu.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    4 people like this.
  6. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

IYERVIJI ~ RGS

SHALUMURTHY ~ IYERVIJI

Congrats.......

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Iyerviji mam

1 person likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hearty Congratulations Viji aunty and Shalu Murthy! Thank you Viji aunty :) and Rgs for bringing these posts to the finest posts!

2 people like this.
  9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Heartiest congrats Vijima. It was a superb one and heartiest congrats to Shalumurthi!

2 people like this.
  10. Amulya225

Amulya225 Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Viji ma and Shalumurthy.. :)

2 people like this.