Finest Posts- August 2014 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The Sun has started on its Southern Voyage. We call it Dakshinayan and according to our vedic belief, it heralds the beginning of the night of the gods. As the Sun hurtles towards its Southern destination at an incredible speed of 108000kmph, the entire six month period of its Southern journey will be filled with a series of festivities to which all of us, irrespective of age and sex, will be eagerly looking forward. Induslady will be announcing exciting contests covering the entire gamut of the festivities like Kolam competition, Kolu competition, and best recipe for Navarathri, Diwali and what have you!

In my hyper excitement, let me not forget to tell you the purpose of my being here! Yes. August is round the corner and it is time to invite fresh nominations for the month of August. As the parched earth cools down from the bounty from the sky, there is love in the air. The poets get active as the Bard says,
    The poet's eye, in a fine frenzy rolling,
    Doth glance from heaven to earth, from earth to heaven;
    And, as imagination bodies forth
    The forms of things unknown, the poet's pen
    Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing
    A local habitation and a name.

There will be no dearth of good stuff to nominate and why should there be a dearth of nominators? I call upon all of them, old and new alike, to get active! Apart from the awesome regulars who get nominated here, there are so many budding writers who dish out excellent fare week after week. They need to be brought under limelight here. Only you can do it! We look forward to your four nominations for the month. Trigger off a literary tsunami and we are ready and willing to be swept off our feet by it!
    The FP Team
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online [COLOR=#009900 !important]Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.[/COLOR]

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check[COLOR=#009900 !important][COLOR=#009900 !important]this link[/COLOR][/COLOR] below: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/finest-posts-of-il/6299-finest-posts-of-il.html
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to [COLOR=#009900 !important]add a link to the FB and not to the original post.[/COLOR]

The following gives step-wise [COLOR=#009900 !important]instructions[/COLOR] on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/1369-how-do-i-create-link.html#post6653

7 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna and Kamla

As usual a liked the way you have stated about August. For me August is special because it is my birth month and there are so many festivals in this month

I am here with Shanvy's thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...ape/241203-indian-lunch-ideas-sans-rice.htmlt. There are so many views and so many people take part in that. I have not given my fb there. I hope I can nominate this thread as it was started in December 2013. Its a very useful thread

4 people like this.
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

I see only a very happy and bustling August ahead of us in FP what with such august lines inviting the members to our forum by our August member?!:)

Lovely opening for August and I see there is poetry in the air.... !

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

Always prompt and always first! :)

I am glad that you did the opening ceremony for the August thread, now it will only swing here, especially with you nominating a thread that is all for promoting health and fitness!!

Thank you for nominating Shanvy's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...hape/241203-indian-lunch-ideas-sans-rice.html which has been growing fit and strong for many months now. Another bright idea from our Shanvy's treasure trove. Thank you for this nomination.

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  5. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

6. Cheeniya

My dear Quebec
    You may be evil personified but your intentions have always been noble! Or else you would not be nominating powerpuffgal's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/singles-world/257504-have-you-ever-faced-abuse.html While voicing your concern about the world getting sicker by the minute, you have also exhorted them to get well soon!

Obnoxious calls were such common things in my early days until the Telephone department introduced the Caller ID scheme. This scared away most of the weak-kneed perverts for fear of landing behind the bars but the hardened ones continued doing it from public phones where there was hardly any chance for them to get caught. But with more and more news coming in about how Police laid traps to catch these perverts, this obnoxious calling has virtually come to a nought. So I thought until I read this surprising post by powepuffgal!

The right way to deal with that kind of nuisance is to bring the matter into open without any delay and make the people who matter in your lives become aware of the harassment you are facing. More than anything else, this will establish our credentials. In the instance quoted by powerpuffgal, this is what happened. A timely warning for all!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamla and Cheeniya sir,

I am here to nominate JustMyself's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ts-kindess-butterfly-effects.html#post3340452 I am not sure why I am touched but I am, every single time I hear something like this. Does not matter where! It makes me grin and feel happy that the humanity is well, alive and kicking. Perhaps the news of gloom and doom that we constantly hear is what lets us cherish and create these moments of happiness and kindness and embrace them better. We need to look and be exposed to more good certainly.

I am certain that I am a recipient of such acts of kindness many a time, just that I am not able to recall any right off the bat. For my own sake, I do hope that as I mull over the years, I will remember some and smile and thank the universe.

While I did not have any to share immediately, I certainly hope we get to hear more of such wonderful acts. I am quite excited for this thread for I do believe that it will bring what JMS calls as butterfly effect going around here in our IL!

1 person likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

My dear Srama
    Knowing you as I do, I am not surprised by your nomination of JustMyself's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...s-kindness-butterfly-effects.html#post3340452
    Acts of kindness, whether they are random or regular, will certainly bring in their rewards but the beauty of it is that the people who are kind never expect anything in return. In that context, this title of Butterfly Effect is very apt. The flapping of the wings of a butterfly causing a storm at a distant future due to its cumulative effect may not be what the butterfly bargains for and yet the good that ensues benefits the whole humanity. I have come across old people in trying circumstances who keep lamenting that they have done so many acts of kindness but they got nothing in return! They forget that their acts of kindness may have benefited a lot of unknown faces as in the Butterfly Act. It is for them to derive satisfaction from such a thought.

An old friend of mine once told me that he spent a major portion of his life working for the welfare of his children and now that he has become old and infirm, his children have started working for the welfare of their children! The Butterfly Effect!
    Sri

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.