Finest Posts - April 2014 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    I often wonder if Rudyard Kipling had the month of April in mind when he wrote the immortal line, ‘East is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet’. As I sit at my PC typing out the nomination thread for April, I look almost like Lord Shiva with this difference that from Shiva’s head flows the Ganga but from my head it is pure sweat of summer and honest labour of course! I cannot help thinking that my buddy Kamla will be reluctant to remove her woollen cap as yet! They say that things would have been better in the East if the Himalayas ran from north to south instead of west to east but these things are not in our hands you see! I follow the philosophy of grinning and bearing it if anything is beyond my control!

With that sulky preamble, I throw open the nomination thread for the month of April 2014. I earnestly hope that the onset of Ugadhi, Vishu and Tamil New year will infuse fresh life into the FP Forum and that we will be kept on our toes acknowledging the nominations. As I was browsing through the almanac for the upcoming ‘Jaya’ year, I found the cheerful forecast for the literary field. I believe that the grey cells of the writers will be extremely active like the colliding protons in the Large Hadron Collider! That’s good news for us! Some of us here in IL have eternal and unquenchable thirst for good reading and this prediction for the New Year makes us rub our hands in glee.

If we have to deploy horse mounted police to regulate the rush of nominators, we would certainly not mind the expense! The nominations for April 2014 are now open!

The FP Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/finest-posts-of-il/6299-finest-posts-of-il.html
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise instructions on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/1369-how-do-i-create-link.html#post6653

4 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

I am not here to nominate....not yet anyways but I wanted to thank you for that BIIIGGG smile you put on my face when I opened IL this morning and saw a thread for April nomination. I went "April already?" with surprise and joy. You see I have just returned from my work out which I did not enjoy much anyways today, in bone chilling cold, most of the time muttering under my breath that who ever said that if March comes in as a lion, it will go out as lamb hasn't seen this March of ours. I can assure you of that sir. Yes, I get it, 5 more days to March with better temperatures but how can that make up for this cold blast?

So you are absolutely right about Kamla still donning her winter gear and that makes me believe that this coming New Year's prediction that you have shared may after all come true.

Now, let me step out to make way for our lovely readers to come in with their nomination sir - I want to read some good stuff too!

PS: I think I can be excused if I did not single out your post and said how wonderful your writing is. I am sure you know now that it goes with out saying and in this case anyways, my smile should tell it all!

3 people like this.
  3. Cheeniya

My dear Sabi
    After reading this FB of yours about the cold blast of March, I gave a nasty look to the Sun to register my protest. And when I turned back to resume my work, I found to my horror that the few seconds of giving a nasty look to the Sun has literally made me blind! It took quite some time for my eyesight to become normal. It is all quite unfair I tell you! I don't mind swapping our heat blast with your cold blast for a while. When I hear that you people continue to wear the winter gear, I shake with uncontrolled fury. I note that the very mention of April gives you a BIIIGGG smile and it makes me dehydrated!

I am worried that the people have not even noticed this nomination thread for April. Usually by this time, Iyerviji would have nominated at least two threads but even she is nowhere around. I feel like shouting in anguish 'Why, why, why?' like Kajol in the Appenliebe Just Jelly ad!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Yay! Am I the first to nominate? Surprise! Surprise!
    Fine. Here I go!

We all resolve to be a lot better,
    Not just in one area but in many.
    As the new year day ends sooner,
    So are our resolutions. Thats funny!

Here is a post that makes you smile,
    As what you read is a genuine account
    Of what worked out and which ended a mile
    Shorter and gives us a joy profound!

Happy to nominate http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/251158-uff-hurray-ma-new-year.html by Anjellic. -rgs

3 people like this.
  5. Cheeniya

My dear RGS
    I am sorry that you have let down my sister Viji by taking over the first nomination of the month from her but I cannot blame you. She is playing truant these days and keeping track of her has become as difficult as keeping track of whatever that is most difficult to keep track of!

Thank you for your nomination of Angellic's cheerful and mood elevating http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/251158-uff-hurray-ma-new-year.html
    And you have added up further colour to the thread by your wonderful nominating thread proving that it is possible to make a rainbow more colourful! What I like about Angellic's thread is that, besides being riotously colourful on its own, it has been splashed with delightful smilies most of which I see for the first time!

New Year Resolutions are crazy things. I used to be regular in them in my young days, regular both in making them and failing in them! Further even for a month after the start of the New Year, we would be comparing notes in the clubs and that created a lot of confusion about which resolution belonged to who! So one fine morning I shifted my resolutions to the Tamil New Year with the added advantage of identifying my resolutions with the name of the year. But soon this became very confusing too when people mistook me when I talked of Vijaya resolutions and Jaya Resolutions!

Now I have run out of resolutions!
    Sri

2 people like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Anna

Ya this time I missed the chance of nominating first. Glad RGS started with his first nomination.

1 person likes this.
  7. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Dear RGS,

Its so nice of you to nominate my post . Thank you so much. Nomination from the GREAT great poet cum writer made me so happy. I appreciate you for your time to went through ma post + liked ma post+ commented your fb + nominated it...I have no words to express my happiness, but thank you so much for the nomination which made me honored...

1 person likes this.
  8. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much Sri sir...:bowdown

Thanks to this, it really made me laugh...

Though i didn't get that Vijaya & Jaya resolutions!!!thinkingsmiley:confused2:

9. Cheeniya

Vijaya is the name of the current year and Jaya is the name of the new Tamil Year coming next week.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Anna and Kamla

This time after some months I am here with my nomination on the 31st of March 2014.:). The first reason being my daughter was here with her dh and daughter so did not get much time to log in. When I logged in RGS had already nominated. Usually I am ready with my nomination before the nomination for the months starts. But now a days I admit that I am not so much addicted to computer as before.

My first nomination is your old time favourite Manjureddy's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...iction/252594-unborn-writers-society.html#top. which brought me memories of my son who was very interested in writing and used to write poems and stories on his own during his teenage days. I also used to get for him books of how to write from Australia. But once he finished his studies and started working he has no time.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.