Finest Posts - August 2012 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

I wanted to pinch myself! Is it really true? Are we already in the august presence of August 2012?? Well yes, like it or not, days, months and years are rolling by. But then, I am glad that our Finest Posts forum is still a constant!:thumbsup That surely is a warm and comforting thought! And the thanks goes to all of you who seem to patronize this forum with your thoughts,inputs and nominations. Our website is full of great contributions and narrations and when the worthy nominations pour in, all of us derive some new and fresh views on life and its many aspects besides entertainment to boot!

Last month's nominations were simply rocking and they are still pouring in. Hence, we hasten to open a new thread for the new month as there is no stopping you from nominating.:)

We also add our thanks here for bringing so much material to read and absorb. In here, there is no cause for boredom. All we have to do is click and read on!:coffee

The doors are open, so, get set and go!

Greetings,
    Your FP Team.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL

Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise instructions on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How do I add a "Link" in my message?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    How do I create a link to an existing message posted in IL?
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/1369-how-do-i-create-link.html#post6653

1 person likes this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kamla and Cheeniya sir,

The rains are here. Saawan ka mahina pavana kare shor, jiyarara jhoome aise, jaise ban ma naache mor.

Well the cloudy skies, the grey ambience, the greenery, the music of the birds and the drumming of rain on the window pane surely put one in a mood to sing. There is music in the air. I guess that is what has made our Mindi girl come up with a snippet on various songs that she loves and associates with different moods and emotions. What would life be if there were no music?

So here I am to make my first nomination of this month.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/174979-music-is-it-emotional-experience.html#top

3 people like this.
  4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Midas Viji
    I do hope that your famous Midas Touch will work wonders in FP this month. The first entry is called 'Boni' in south. The morning vegetable,flowers and greens vendors are very particular about who makes the first purchase!
    More particularly you have started your August Nomination with an auspicious thread of Srama, http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/172820-yoga-practice-any-one.html
    The thread is about to get its 100th FB! This is a reward for Srama's concern for the fitness of her fellow ILites. Being physically incapable of all that stretching, bending etc. I do all her yogic poses mentally and still feel the benefit! Keeping the mind clean is as important as keeping the body fit. Isn't it?

Thank you for this wonderful nomination.
    Sri

3 people like this.
  6. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

7. Cheeniya

My dear Satchi
    Thank you for your first nomination of the month and rightly with Mindi's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...979-music-is-it-emotional-experience.html#top
    Mindi stirs up a lot of emotions in a lot of people through this thread. When the subject is music, who can resist getting nostalgic? Marieantoa comes up with the best response to the thread with the quote, "Sometimes it is not the song that makes you emotional, it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."

I have been a jilted lover many times in my life and I don't even remember who jilted me when but I remember the song that I kept humming every time starting with 'Toote Hue Khwabon Ne' from Madhumathi to 'aansu bhari hain yeh jivan ki raahein koyi unase kah de hamein bhul jaayein ' in Parvarish and 'bhooli hui yaadon mujhe itna na satao' in Sanjog. Whenever an angel broke my heart, it would be 'Toni Braxton's 'How Could an Angel Break My Heart'!
    What lovely recollections of jilting!
    Sri

2 people like this.
  8. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

9. Cheeniya

Dear Pallavi
    There is a catch about being a Moderator in the FP forum. It is not considered etiquette for us to nominate a post here or otherwise I would have run ahead of you to nominate arch1209's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-six-degrees-separation-tragic-instances.html
    It is not surprising that someone with a post graduate degree in Journalism picks her topics well and deals with it in effective language. I agree with you. Her honesty comes out vividly through her posts!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  10. Cheeniya

Dear Quebec
    Thanks a lot for nominating priya20coool's FB to the Question by Flyingsparks, http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/175347-a-question.html#post2359126
    It was a stunningly honest and practical approach towards problems in marital life. It is common knowledge that there are problems aplenty during the initial years of marriage and only a balanced approach as recommended by priya will lay a strong foundation for a harmonious future. Any violent reactions will only damage this delicate fabric beyond repair.
    Thanks again for this nomination Quebec
    Sri

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.