Finest Posts - June2012 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Another month dawns and another set of winners we bring for you!:)

The sunny months are gracing us and there is a sense of joy in the air with the birds singing and bees buzzing. Summer has a magical aura that makes us want to dress in colors and be cheerful. That may be one of the reasons that this cheerful and sunshiny post sort of stays with us long after we have read it! It would be a gross injustice if I attribute all of its charm to the season we are in! The writer too has a cheerful demeanor about her. Whatever she has written till now-- and she has written a large number of posts that all of us have lapped up eagerly-- are all smooth, vivid and lucid with a clean language and attractive narration. I think you know who she is by now and what I am getting at! Here is our winner:

Finest Narration of the month is "How to alleviate boredom????" by Mindian.
    Congratulations Mindian!! :cheers

Mindy, you may have won this month, believe me when I say that you have been an eternal winner with many of your posts landing in the FP nominations. You are the unobtrusive queen of our Snippets forum! One can always be assured of neat and entertaining write ups from you which surely alleviates our boredom!! Thanks for continuously enthralling all of us for the past so many years with your snippets and look forward to many more.

Our members are very resourceful and none of you need me to tell you that. We can spend hours together on our website and forget the passage of time once we log in! I think almost all of us must have heard complaints from our family members because we get lost once we enter the website!! The general suspicion being we spend valuable time on chats or gossip. If only they knew how informative and educative our site can be, they would let their peeves be! If they are still doubtful, just show them our this month's winning thread!! The danger being you might have to share your computer with them!!

Finest Contribution of the month is " Can You Answer These Questions?" by Rosary!
    Congratulations Rosary on such an innovative thread!!:clap

Not only did Rosary start this thread with the express wish to 'develop knowledge and increase IQ and intelligence', she has also conducted the thread very objectively and maintained the friendly tone. The thread is really fascinating and offers us mind gymnastics and certainly sharpens our awareness with numbers and improves our language skills. I must add a warning here that it can be very addictive. An active brain is a wonderful gift, is it not?! Well, don't race immediately to the thread. This thread will go on for a long time to come. That's my sure guess!

Links to the Winning Posts:
    Finest Narration: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...how-do-you-alleviate-boredom.html#post2286730
    Finest Contribution:http://www.indusladies.com/forums/e...n-you-answer-these-questions.html#post2177381

The announcement will not be complete if we do not mention the persons who brought these winners to light and thank them! Thanks goes to Kamala/Kkrish who shared with us her pick of Mindian's post while we have to be thankful to Vjbunny for bringing us Rosary's thread. You are both winners for choosing the winners!

I request all the winners to contact the IL_Admin with your mailing details so the gifts can be sent to you:

support@indusladies.com

13 people like this.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,

I feel obliged to add this extra post as we make the winner announcements.

One member who has been the reigning queen in both the Snippet and FP forum is Satchidananda! She has more than a few of us wondering at her ability to produce write ups on various topics ranging from the house maid to social injustice. She doesn't seem to stop just there, she is giving feedbacks to posts that appear in the various forums of our site and all of us are aware as to how many sub-forums we have! Besides, she is very generous in gifting us with her 'likes' which is at once endearing and encouraging. She has grown into a very dear person and friend to more people than she can imagine, topping the favorite list of ILites and to having poems written for her!! She will always be a Winner by default! :thumbsup

L, Kamla

16 people like this.
  3. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

:clap:clap Mindian, Rosary, Kamala, VJ Bunny. :thumbsup

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

It has been an amazing month of nominations, no doubt about it. My head is reeling still from all that I have read and absorbed from the June month's nominations alone!! Imagine the plight if I were to go through Every single post and blog that appears in our website?? :drowning

This June month's nominations are significant for its predominantly social conscious posts! I was overwhelmed with the number of posts which sought our attention and which tried to nudge us out of our slumber to recognize and take action about what is happening around us. Be it the injustice meted out to women who are unable to conceive or have children, women who are widowed, women harassed for dowry, treated badly by husbands and in-laws, men and women abused by their spouses, the preference of boy over a girl baby..our society is ridden with so many biases and customs which are unabashedly cruel that one wonders how come humanity and conscience has allowed them to thrive this long and this effectively?? Is human race so heartless? Going by the upsurge of such posts, one is slightly consoled, there is still hope! Some members have not shirked from giving examples from their own lives so others can learn from it and not repeat mistakes. Many have not hesitated to decry even the justice system when it goes overboard with mythological references!

Just as disillusionment sets in, we cheer up with write ups on how one can learn and share from one's better half and appreciate the spouse even if he happens to be a mamma's boy! Our members go to prove that a fine sense of humor still prevails and anything, be it a bad car parking experience, boredom or even just butter or idli, there is humor and fun in life if you only are so inclined! :thumbsup

Also, Love in all its forms seems to engulf us and what a blessing! We witness a mother's love for her son, for her little school going girl in pink or even more special, the love of an aunt for her little niece. We also learn that to love one's own accomplishments is gratifying as is shown to us by a senior member while another young member invites us to tell whom we love in our beloved forum while another goes poetical about them! The tender first love is brought before our eyes and also a wake up call in the form of a short story to walk out of a relationship if no such love is forthcoming. One precious ILite does just that and takes us along with her towards a rainbow filled bright future! Another ILite does not even hesitate to bring us a totally new culture and tradition where neither marriage nor family as we know exists and all live in peace. Sounds like a Shangri la, but one wonders!

Hence folks, there is entertainment galore here. If we are not traversing the north and north eastern hilly parts of our country, we are traveling in train for weddings! If not traveling, we are improving our IQ by answering some mind boggling questions or happily discussing the faux pas of our movies! Or, we watch the nature unfold its wonder and beauty right in the backyards of our home! If nothing at all, we can create our own colorful wonders on a canvas. Aren't we resourceful?!

Bottom line, we think, we express and we do it with humor!

I enjoy it all! Can you blame me??

L, Kamla

6 people like this.
  5. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

@mindian and @rosary,

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE CARE
    CHOW

6. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

@satchitananda,

OUR SPECIAL ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care
    chow

1 person likes this.
  7. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Minidian and Rosary...

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hearty Congratulations Mindi and Rosary - couldn't be happier for you! Awesome job Kamala and VJB identifying these precious posts.

3 people like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My Dear Mindi and Rosary

Hearty congratulations

My dear Kamala and VJB congrats for spotting the winner

2 people like this.
  10. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi and Rosary,

Congratulations !!!!

Kkrish and Vjbunny, kudos to you for spotting the winning entry.

Hey Satchi....you deserve the title of reigning queen...:thumbsup.

5 people like this.