Finest Posts Nominations - February 2012

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Friends,

Now that went quick, don't you think?:confused2: Oh, let me clarify...I meant the first month of our new year just flew by, right?!:)

Let us all be thankful that we get to see the second month for we should not forget that each new day is a gift of God! BowBesides, February is The Month of Love! :thumbsup Yes, what with Valentine's Day right at the middle of the month. Bet most of us will be reviving the memories of love and busy planning how to make the day special for all those who have a place in our hearts.

In FP too, we look forward to seeing the same romance and await all the lovely posts to adorn our forum! With this, your nominations for the month of February can start pouring in! :hiya

Here's waiting for that very first nomination..................:coffee
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL

Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise instructions on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How do I add a "Link" in my message?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    How do I create a link to an existing message posted in IL?

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

What can i say Aruna? I simply feel humbled - thank you!

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kamla,

Here I come with my first couple of nominations for the month. The first one is http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/158180-i-am-happy-is-wrong.html by Swarnalata.

She asks a very simple though philosophical question - what constitutes happiness? What does one have to achieve to make one happy? I know she does not need it to make her happy, but going by the whopping response to her thread, I am sure many of us here would be very happy to see her winning this month's prize for finest post. :-D

My second nomination is Mansimahi's post http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/158253-february-go-fly.html. It is amazing how many points she has put up to justify her dislike for the month of February or should I spell it as "Febury"?????

1 person likes this.
  5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Friends
    February is hardly the month when we witness a large scale migration of butterflies but believe me, this unusual migration is happening right now. They are all migrating into my stomach. The clever butterflies! The moment they came to know that I had been asked to step into the shoes of Kamla during her temporary absence, they all decided that no place would be more hospitable than my stomach. I can't even run away from the marauding butterflies. How can I? Try running with a pair of shoes of size 36 when you have feet as tiny as those of an infant's and you'll know what I mean. I never expected Kamla's shoes to be this large!

Still nothing can be more sacred than the call of duty. You can't duck it talking of hospitable stomachs and marauding butterflies. So here I am taking over mighty Kamla's job for a brief while till she returns from a visit to her native land, bronzed and platinumed. I do hope you'll continue to flood us with your nominations, my presence not withstanding!
    Sri

4 people like this.
  7. Cheeniya

Dear Aruna
    You know for sure that nominating Srama's thread is a sure recipe for a winner! I was one of the first ones to read this awesome thread of Srama, http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/157722-just-an-empty-glass.html.
    To share a secret with you, my love for Richard Bach whom she quotes without fail is no less! What amazes me is that she always picks out his right lines to substantiate what she wants to convey. We all know and have heard of writing our future or shaping our destiny. But what is novel here is the concept of choosing a past. This made me very introspective and I found Kamal's FB to this thread clearing the mists off my mind. He had quoted a SMS message: 'if a person walks out from yr life, that is not the end of your story, it is just the end of their part in your story.' Then I knew what Srama was talking about.

A worthy start to the nominations of the month, Aruna. The Old Reliable, ain't you?!
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear Satchi
    I am not surprised that you have nominated Swarnalatha's thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/158180-i-am-happy-is-wrong.html
    We all know that your capacity for being happy and communicating happiness is no less. You even make light of an impending surgery and make us believe that an Operation Theatre is place that screens the latest classics like Friends and The Facts of Life! How could you have resisted nominating Swarna's delightful thread?

However you want to spell Mansi's month, it is clear that you have seen through the humour behind her hating the month that I won't even venture to spell for she has exhausted all the spellings! At Mansi's command http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/158253-february-go-fly.html , it has already taken wings through your nomination!

Thanks a ton for both nominations, Satchi.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Dear Aruna
    So Satchi has beaten you to it and flew away nominating Mansi's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/158253-february-go-fly.html. So what? You have Meena Sankaran to fall back on, don't you? She comes back after a long hiatus with her awesome take on http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/158324-a-desi-mom.html and the hawk eyed eagle that you are, swoop on it to nominate it here! I see a similarity between Arnold Schwarzenegger and you. He is a tireless Terminator and you are a tireless Nominator!

Thanks a lot, Aruna. May your tribe increase!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Nice to see you here. In keeping with the spirit of the month, we have a counter point to Sumitha's post here, which also I would like to nominate. The arrival of the month with Valentine's Day has brought memories of love letters with a difference. KNBG (Bhargavi) describes in a very sweet and touching manner - she has a very unique style - the love letters she has received from various significant people in her life over the years. And ends up with the best love letter she has written herself - I heartily join her in recommending this technique to everyone.

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.