Finest Posts - December 2011 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Even as I write this, it is very hard for me to believe that we have stepped into December, the very last month of 2011!

I know friends, I know that all of you need not be told that December is the last month of an year:) It is only that I am so amazed at the speed with which the years are passing by...Is it because I am getting older that I feel like this? Is it because these days the world is becoming a village and there is so much to catch up with?? Or, is it because our IL is so absorbingly interesting that the time just flies when involved with it??? Questions questions! :drowning

Before I ramble on further, I may as well get to the business at hand!

Yes friends, here is the new nomination thread for the month of December 2011! I have no doubt that you will adorn it with your choicest gems and make it a wonderful place to be in!

I just cannot wait to see who will kick start it this month?!

With love,
    SS and Kamla
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL

Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise instructions on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How do I add a "Link" in my message?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    How do I create a link to an existing message posted in IL?

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

1 person likes this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

When I wrote above that I cannot wait to see who will be first to nominate, I sort of had an inkling!! I knew it would be you!:) Only, I didn't know that you will be kick starting it with not one but three nominations at a go and the month of December is yet to start!!:rotfl

-Kamla dear this month also I have come with the nomination of Srama's post Expectations .... which you have also read.

-Kamla dear here is my second nomination which is none other than Satchi's this beautiful post A Prayer For Senior Citizens

-Kamla and SS dear here is my 3rd nomination for this month. Its Megalife's this post which is a Christmas gift for us too The Priceless Christmas Gift.

With the three above nominations, you have all our star'lites leading the list of nominations for the month of December. Thank you!

L, Kamla

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

I am nominating this fb that Kamala has posted to my thread on "Normal vs Differently Normal" for bringing up a counter point as well as highlighting many forms of discrimination that we see in everyday life at a more subtle level. I really appreciate the thought she has put into the reply as well as the trouble she has been to, to give such a detailed reply. :)

7. satchitananda

Here comes my second nomination for the month : http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/152508-vacations-in-village.html - Bhargavi's (KNBG) post bringing out the simple pleasures and joys of a vacation with the grand parents in the village home. Brings back a lot of nostalgic memories. Love her vivid descriptions of
    which bring back the sounds and smells of our homes back very strongly.

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

1 person likes this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Satchi for nominating my feedback. Thank you for the wonderful compliment!
    Thank you too Kamla for you feedback to Satchi's post where you stated you liked my feedback.
    I am honored.

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Satchi...Must say I had to search for your name in your signature!!Wow wow!!
    Thanks for the above nomination Satchi, much as I was impressed with your post, I was awestruck with Kkrish's feed back and hence made that comment! It surely is one of her finest posts!

L, Kamla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.