Finest Posts - April 2011 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, May 1, 2011.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Here we are again with another pair of Finest Post winners for the month of April !

By now, we should be able to execute our task of announcing the winner quite smoothly. After all, we have quite a few years of experience behind us. But then, this is no ordinary task and we know all of you will unanimously agree with us on this point!

Strangely enough, this month's winning posts share one common factor--human emotions!
    Here we go then, you can see what I mean.

This month's Winner for Finest Narration is "Envy-an Equation" by DNM! :clap:clap

Who amongst us is spared from feeling envious? How many of us can truthfully say that we have Never Ever felt envy?

DNM has portrayed envy quite vividly in her own humorous way without preachings and sermon. While reading, envy took on the form of this very animated person in my mind. Only, it had a comical caricature and felt like I was watching a cartoon depiction of envy on one of those TV channels! DNM's presentation of envy is simply hilarious and magical. One cannot deny the fact that she is a gem of a writer and has a way with words. Read it friends, it sure is a 'paisa vasool' ( worth your money) post!

Congratulations DNM. We expect many more posts from you!

Just as we are done dealing with our Envy, we now ponder about Expectations! Yes, here we go to our next winner--

Winner of Finest Contribution for April is "What Should be the Lower Bound of Expectation". Asking us is KalyaniShanti! Congratulations to you kAlyaniShAnti!! :cheers

Kalyani is not talking about expectation from life which all of us need to some extent to keep us motivated. Here is a more complex form of expectation..from one's relationships.

Expectation from one's partner, parents, in-laws, children and friends is something all of us have to some degree. Expecting more from anyone is bad. But then, what is the 'lower' boundary to it?!! First of all, can one set a boundary and what is 'low' here? A very complicated and a mind-boggling question. Also, a very valid one at that.

I am thankful that Kalyani asked this question for she has elicited some wonderful answers from our members. I am sure every one of you will enjoy reading this thread and also learn something from it. Undoubtedly, a valuable contribution Kalyani, go ahead and ask more!!

With Love,
    SoaringSpirit and Kamla

Here are the links to the winning posts:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...tion/132885-envy-an-equation.html#post1765638
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ould-lower-bound-expectation.html#post1739872

Link to Gift Picture:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...t-posts-april-2011-winners-3.html#post1782730
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...t-posts-april-2011-winners-4.html#post1787573

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sabybaby,

How is your IL T-shirt store doing there in London?:) Must be flourishing going by the number of T-shirts you keep winning! :rotflCongratulations are due!

And Mstrue...

Joining Sabitha_K this month is another winner Mstrue. Congrats Mstrue for nominating the winning post by DNM. I see your collection of IL T-shirts too is catching up count with Saby!!

L, Kamla

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

All winners please contact IL Admin with your contact addresses to receive your prize at this email:

support@indusladies.com

L, Kamla

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Every month brings us fresh challenges in the form of great posts, the pick of the lot!
    As mentioned earlier, it was difficult to zero down to two winners this month. We had some wonderful nominations this month.

Chitvish stands tall and royal with her pep pill she delivers every week these days in the snippets forum! I call them 'pep pills' because reading her posts always brings a smile to our face. The underlying humor is unmistakable and the lessons hidden between the lines undeniable. It can do us only good! But then, Chitvish has decided to just enjoy writing and wants others to carry on winning!

Balajee has been on the winning spree lately! His posts seem to land in FP as soon as he posts them. Kamalji, ShailRaghuvansh and Mindi too are our regular FP nominees spreading laughter and provoking thoughts!!. Sriniketan is a solid fixture in FP. If she is not nominated, then she is nominating! All winners in their own right.

This month also saw Satchidananda being nominated for several of her posts. It is a real pleasure to read her, she is here for a long haul! Malar makes it a point to touch our hearts with her posts. And then -- Oviya, a sort of comeback star!! I read her post twice already!

Therefore, we at FP forum think that all of you can understand our monthly pangs while choosing just two posts as winners. But then, who says that the rest are not winners?? Not Me!

L, Kamla

5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Congratulations DNM and Kalyani and all the best to win more awards

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

You sure are the record holder for giving first feedbacks! You are a Speedy Gonsalez!!

L, Kamla

7. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

dear Kalyani sweetiii (patti)
    Congratulations to u dear. So your GD has brought luck this month. how is this. Yessssss party time...
    kantha

8. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

dear DNM
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
    kantha .

9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Kamla dear yes I feel so happy when I get a chance to give the first fb. For nominating also this time I wanted to nominate first but Satchi overtook me.

Is there an award for first feedbacks? Atleast in that I can get an award, isnt it, since I dont get for finest posts. Just kidding, hahaha

10. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, Dear Kamala for the good news, which was completely unexpected for me!

I thank all the ILites who shared their valuable philosophy of life and thus the way to happiness. Thank you all, Dears for making the thread worthwhile and useful.

[​IMG]