Finest Posts - April 2011 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, May 1, 2011.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

DNM,

Congratulations on winning the Finest Post of April for your best narration.
    Keep more such wonderful narrations coming.

Here's the special prize for winning the contest:

Hawaiian Shirts - Salt & Pepper set - Hand crafted & Hand Painted from the islands of Hawaii

FP_Narration_DNM.jpg

Kindly send your mailing address to support@indusladies.com to ship out the gift to you.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

DNM and KalyaniShanthi...congrats and keep going/winning :thumbsup

sriniketan

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kalyani
    My hearty congratulations to you for winning the Crown for the Best Narration this month!
    The lower bound of expectations has always been my favourite topic. I have conducted all of my 69 years with the lowest bound of expectations. In fact, I am always guided by the famous quote ‘I've lowered my expectations to the point where they've already been met’!

Big expectations put me off. If you are here, you may have noticed a few Maruti cars bearing the words ‘When I grow up, I’ll become a BMW!’ on their rear bumper. When these cars find that they have not even taken the first step towards their mighty expectation, their great frustration lands them in mechanic shops where they get hammered and screwed mercilessly for entertaining such unbecoming thoughts!

Expectations are great things as long as we have them of others! When it comes to me, I keep them at the barest minimum.
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear DNM
    My hearty congratulations to you for winning the FP Crown this month!
    All your mindboggling equations made jealousy look like a very endearing quality! At my age, there are not many who I can feel jealous of and the few that I do are those who do not wear glasses, have a thick crop of hair and those who stay in clubs until the watchmen come and remind them of their homes. After reading this announcement, I rushed to your prize winning thread and found it awesome. I have always been fascinated by mathematics in general and algebra in particular. As a matter of fact, I am fascinated by everything that I never understand. Childlike curiosity you may call it!

All those jealousy equations kept me engaged for quite a while as I was trying to form sub-equations that could describe my condition a little more realistically. I must tell you this. You have opened my eyes with this thread. Jealousy is not as mean a quality as I have always thought of it. If it was, you would not have written such a delightful thread about it!
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla & SS
    You may be wondering why I have not put in my appearance here earlier to offer my congratulations to the winners and to both of you. DNM had correctly diagnosed it and analysed it too. Yes. It was plain jealousy of your announcing skills and if I had not read DNM’s stuff, I would never have realised what was bothering me this time and why I have not written to you. I applied all of DNM’s equations to my problem but nothing seemed to work. Then I thought it was better to come clean with my jealousy rather than compounding it with a lot of equations. I feel better now!

I also realise that there is nothing wrong in feeling jealous of someone whose level we can never reach. I have similar jealousy against Sachin Tendulkar and SRK. Honestly the language pundits should try to coin a new substitute for jealousy for the kind of feeling I get whenever I read your FP announcements. I should ask the creative DNM to work on it!

My kudos to you, young ladies!
    Sri

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Though it has made me happy to see you here, I cannot even start feeling flattered at your words!! How can Anyone make You envious and especially, their written words? Though you have been overly generous with your praise, I know where we stand and will take your eloquent praises with a big pinch of salt!

I was about to address you and actually invite you to come here and grace this thread with your illuminant presence and thanks for making that obsolete!:)

L, Kamla

7. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Wow! Thank you all so much! I am astounded! I was totally not expecting this. I have been away on vacation and hence this late response and thanksgiving. Thank you all sooooooooooooooooo much - special special thanks to those that nominated my post....Hugs, you guys!

Thank you Cheeniya Sir for your very kind words....much appreciated! Thank you all for all your kind words and wishes.....Satchi, SPV, Kanthiji, KV and any others I may have inadvertently missed.... I am very grateful...

8. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    I am so happy to get your feedback on the topic. And here
    you have clearly defined its lower bound! This is something I learnt today!. Thank you, Sir

[​IMG]

9. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laxmi and Kamala,
    I have received the beautiful gift for the FP for the month of April 2011. It was delivered on 01 Aug 2011. Thank you so much, Dear!