Finest Blog of March 2013

Discussion in 'Finest Blogs of IL' started by Cheeniya, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bloggers
    This is not a part of All Fool’s Day that I am here instead of Mindian to announce the Winner of the Finest Blog of the month. Trust me; I am here seriously to make the announcement as Mindian has taken a bit of rest from the task. Hopefully she’ll come back or Induslady will have a tough time to find someone equally eminent.

April has already hit Chennai and it must be slowly dawning in the far west. This month is not uniformly welcome all over the world. In Chennai, people treat it with contempt as the day temperatures keep rising and even a fan is a luxury with power shutdowns going beyond 12 hours a day in some places. Water is becoming a scarce commodity and soon even bathing will become a luxury. Our members in Europe, Canada and US will be gladdened by temperatures reaching around 40°F. Flowers will start blooming and the unmistakable smell of spring will fill not just the nostrils but hearts as well. I have no doubt that the spirit will be reflected in the blogs written during the month too.

Coming to the blogs of March 2013, I can understand why Mindi has sought leave. If someone has to judge one blog as the best out of so many awesome blogs month after month, she is sure to wear out! Fortunately I am already almost bald and there is no chance of it getting worse in a month or two of my handling this job! With great difficulty I shortlisted four and rested for a while. I read and reread them again. In the end, I found one which was refreshingly different expressed in a language that would most certainly gladden the hearts of the purists. Yes, I am happy to announce PujaInk’s My dislike for “Like” - Blogs - IndusLadies as the Finest Blog of the Month. Strangely this superb blog has received only one ‘Like’ and that too being mine. But then when she took such a dig at the habit of giving ‘Likes’, people probably became weary of clicking on it!

Hearty congratulations, Puja. I just loved your blog. Please send your mailing address to contest@indusladies.com to receive your prize.
    Sri

3 people like this.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

“Substitute 'damn' every time you're inclined to write 'very;' your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.”
    ~ Mark Twain

I was going to use the second word above starting with the letter “d” as soon as I saw it was not Mindian doing her routine job. I always look forward to this thread though I rarely ever visit the blog section mainly because of time constraints.
    Still it is impolite to acknowledge this announcement starting with the said word.
    This blog that won the contest sounds really interesting and I like that someone liked the like enough to write and like it while I have yet to like it not knowing whether I will like it or not like it I will read it to see if I like.
    I only use the like as a way for me to keep track if I read the comment or not! I know I usually forget which I read and will read it all over again like reading new.
    The “Like” has so far helped me with this need and remained a secret. Now I will have to either find another substitute “d@#*” or hope others forget my secret though there is high possibility I will forget I blurted it out here.
    This habit of mine overflows to watching movie , tv etc.. My son calls me “weird” though he has been witness to more unusual off beat character traits of mine so he is justified to call me that.
    I am sure when I hear with my “mother ears” every word sounds more like a compliment.
    Blogs are a creative outlet in expressing daily goings on and over time the readers developed inspires a more serious kinship.
    Of course all of the above is written with "tact"; :)

“Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.”
    ~ Oscar Wilde

3. Cheeniya

My dear AC,
    What a d@#$ you are! This d@#$ means 'DEAR' and not what good old Mark Twain recommends. Your 'I like that someone liked the like enough to write and like it while I have yet to like it not knowing whether I will like it or not like it I will read it to see if I like.' is like the famous dialogue of K Balachander in the movie 'Apoorva Raagangal'! Just loved it. It left me wondering if you liked my announcement or hated it.

That 'Like' can also be used as a way to remember if we have read the d@#$ thing or not is quite an ingenious idea. I shall follow it from now on. From the way, Satchi goes about dispensing 'Likes', I think she follows this method too!

Thank you for being the first to grace my announcement.
    Sri

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

“It's a funny thing about looking for things. If you hunt for a needle in a haystack you don't find it. If you don't give a darn whether you ever see the needle or not it runs into you the first time you lean against the stack.”

P.G. Wodehouse, The Man With Two Left Feet

There are some things a chappie's mind absolutely refuses to picture and Cheeniya writing "rumpty-tiddley-umpty-ay" for blog is one of them.
    Having come across the unexpected takeover I shuddered from stem to stern as stout barks do when buffeted by waves.
    My eyes were rolling in their sockets and my face taken on the color and expression of a devout tomato.
    Had to appease my sad and broken heart at having missed a sweet friend's words in her usual spot ,so ended up scrawling a few lines. Not having clicked on the "like" should ought answer your q's;

I am sure seeing / reading my ordinary and lack luster comment you must have worn the unmistakable look of a man about to be present at a row between women and only a wet cat in a strange backyard bears itself with less jauntiness than a man faced with such a prospect.

5. Cheeniya

Oh my dear AC,
    Cheer up! This is purely a temporary arrangement which has hopefully ended already! All those feelings that you have expressed about wet cats and harassed men tore through my heart too as I was penning a few lines announcing the Winner. I am happy to have given a bit of exercise to your eyes and their sockets.
    Hopefully next time when you are here, you may not have to summon the wit and humour of PGW as much as you have today!
    love
    sri