Sashtiapthapoorthi & Sadabishekam

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by DIvKar, Jan 5, 2007.

1. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

My dad completes 60 in sep 2011. we are planning to have a sashtiapthapoorthi function for him. My query is Do we have to do the fn only after completing 60 yrs or can we do a month or two before that. Since in US, my 2 school-going kids get their summer vacation only fm june to aug. and their school reopens by the end of august here. i cant go again on september to India and i dont want to miss the fn too. We are 3 sisters and we want to do it together in a grand manner. can someone help me in this regard.

Priya

2. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

My IL's (FIL) wanted to have his sashtipurthi function in a hotel.How do i go about in arranging.plz give ideas.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Can you all please explain why thirukadaiyur is famous for sashtipoorthi????

Also is it celebrated when the husband turns 60 or 61

4. Indiandil

Indiandil New IL'ite

Do anyone know Arulmigu Abirami Amman Udanurai Amirdhagadeswarar Thirukovil in Selaiyur , Tambaram , Chennai ? It's a famous temple for performing rituals for 60th birthday , also known as chennai in thirukadaiyur. I want to know can we perform rituals for 80th birthday too in that temple? If yes, Can anyone give me phone number of that temple?