Navaratri theme of colors to wear

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Anvitha, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

this year a new thing is circulating like we need to wear these colors for navaratri.

we friends are trying to follow as much as possible

9colors.jpg

3 people like this.

2. Ramya04

Ramya04 Bronze IL'ite

This seems like a fun way to celebrate the festival with one color dress for each day of celebration :) Looks like each color has a spiritual significance too.

3. Anvitha

ha later i researched and found its for gujarat and maharastara they do it evry year.

due to whats ap and social media got spread to us also this year,

true its fun and feeling good to follow this.

yesterday wore a red saree and today royal blue chudidar.

all of us shared pics and its fun

1 person likes this.
  4. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

ya we are doing since last 3 years. and it is fun as in office all (males too) wear those color and we just feel the essence of festive....wow its really beautiful to b so creative.

5. smithajeevanp

smithajeevanp Senior IL'ite

hi
    good to know that you are also following the same. in my office also we are following the same.

6. Punchbowl

Punchbowl New IL'ite

Loved the colours and sarees. Good Idea

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites

Wish you all Happy Navaratri. Let Goddess Durga bring peace, happiness and keep you all in good health.

I am giving you the significance towards each colour. Some of it copied from the net so all our ILites will get to know about it.

1st Day -- Red -- It is for Goddess Durga who is always in action.
    The idol of Goddess is dressed in a bright red saree while the Ghatasthapana setup of earthen pot is being done.

2nd Day -- Royal blue-- It is for Goddess Renuka devi who inspires.
    There is a mythological story which says that this goddess enlightens elegant forms with power, divine and spiritual grace.

3rd Day -- Yellow -- It is for Goddess Sarawati one who works hard.
    Which symbolises peace, serenity, beauty and bravery in one’s life. The Goddess is dressed in White
    attire. Yellow is the colour of the day and Sindhoor Tritiya Sowbhagya Teej is also observed on this day.

4th Day -- Green -- It is for Goddess Jagadhamba one who indicates towards Nature.
    She is considered as the creator of the entire universe. The goddess is draped in Red saree and on this day Bhouma Chaturthi is followed. The colour for the fourth day to be worn is Green.

5th Day -- Grey -- It is for Goddess Maha Kali one who grants wishes.
    Maa Durga who is has been known for demolishing the demons. Upang Lalitha Gauri Vrata is observed on this day. On the fifth day of Navratri that is known as Panchami, devotees are supposed to wearGrey as the goddess is dressed in a Blue saree

6th Day -- Orange -- It is for Goddess Chamunda one who is courageous.
    She is dressed in Yellow saree on the sixth day of Navratri and Maha Shashti is celebrated. People are supposed to wear Orange attire on this day.

7th Day -- White-- It is for Goddess Parvati, one who has all the gunas.
    Who is known to protect all her devotees from trouble and negative powers. People say that she grants her devotees with freedom and happiness. The goddess on this day is supposed to be adorned with a Greencoloured saree. It is the beginning of Maha Saptami wherein Utsava Puja is performed. The colour of the day is White.

8th Day -- Pink -- It is for Goddess Gauri
    She is regarded for forgiving the sins of her devotees and also helping them to get purified. The goddess is dressed in Peacock Green colour on Durga Ashtami. On this day, Saraswati Mata Puja is conducted whole-heartedly and Pink is regarded as the colour of the day for all the devotees.

9th Day -- Sky blue -- It is for Goddess Bhuvaneswari, one who represents illusions.
    Thelast form of Maa Durga who is known to have great supernatural powers. The goddess is dressed in Purple attire and Maha Navami puja is done. Kanya puja is also done on this auspicious day.Sky Blue is the colour for the last day.

4 people like this.
  8. Anvitha

thats so nice arunarc for enlighting us on colors more

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thanks @Arunarc for letting us know about each colour.

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Here also ladies have started wearing thse colours and this year I have also started wearing when I go for haldi kumkum. This year I have shifted to my daughter's house as our own house is under reconstruction. Here house is well furnished and there are many wall units. So I have arranged the sarees according to the colours each day to wear. I would have been very happy if I was working

1 person likes this.