how was your DIWALI 2014!

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Swethasri, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies
    We all need vacation for our holidays because of busy in making sweets going to places talking to families and friends etc.... So we share here how was our Diwali this year? Did you try any new sweet or only doing the same set of sweets and savouries what dresses you bought? Let's discuss

2. Swethasri

Ok let me start with mine. I woke up little late only around 6.30 and woke up kids and put oil in head and kept clothes ready day before near pooja place and took a shower and gave kids shower. my husband put kumkum for all of our dresses and gave us. For both my boys I bought pant and shirt. For me my husband bought salwar kameez from India and for him a T- Shirt. I felt so auspicious and enjoyed and then sent the kids to school. did vadai, sambar, sarkarai pongal and then for lakshmi poojai I did carrot halwa. Put 16 deep for lakshmi poojai.

Then comes real Deepavali, Calling home!!!. I am not in touch with my parents and relatives so called all my in-laws and their relatives they are all so happy to talk with me. infact my husband was so busy with his very hectic schedules and he slept very early so I called all of them and said HAPPY DEEPAVALI!!!

Even when we were living in India, we dont do crackers because of the child labor so very silent, peaceful, enjoyable celebration.

Share yours ladies nearly 100 views but no one wants to share. Not much interesting??

Attached Files:

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Belated wishes sister Swethasri, was happy to read about your calm and peaceful festival of lights.

From our side we only get Diwali dress for Guru Sayee (that has a leela will share it in the other thread and give you link once posted), May Baba guide us always, SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  4. Swethasri

Thanks for the wishes Saisakthi!! Awaiting to hear the story.