Return gift ideas for Seemantham!!

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Kalpana294, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

HI all,
    I've my seemantham planned in late Nov mostly in India... I need some suggestions on return gifts to be given to guests... should be around 50-75 people... budget is within 100 bucks... i'm open to gifts from the USA($1-2)... please suggest something which wil be useful and unique...
    P.S. I already have silver articles/bags in my list...

TIA...

2. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Depending on how long you have before you travel, you can go online and order gift items in bulk. Not sure if it would be appropriate for Seemandham functions (especially since everybody in India looks for traditional things) but maybe you could get a souvenir photo frame of the city you live in. Sometimes if you google "wholesale gift items" you can find stuff.

Where in India will you be for the seemandham? If it is Chennai, lots of shops in town area will have gifts. I usually pick up stuff for Navarathri Vethalai Paaku from there.

sindmani likes this.
  3. sahityaj

sahityaj Silver IL'ite

Tambulya site has lot of options like incense stands, kumkum boxes, potli bags. You can also buy transparent pouches and keep a mehendi cone, haldi kumkum, bindi pkt, hair clutch , sweets etc in that and give to all the ladies.
    you can also get small jewelry boxes within your range. If you want to gift uniquely , you can order for cupcakes and pack 2-3 in a beautiful box and give. You can also make paper bags by urself for packing the gifts if you have time and if it is not stressful for you.

sindmani likes this.
  4. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

hi DKI.. thnx for the reply...
    I'll be going to Chennai and seemantham will mostly likely take place in my husband's native... but i ll still have time in Chennai or my mom can get them... I don't want anything which is usually given...something which is different than usual things and which will be useful on a daily basis is what i'm looking at...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  5. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sahityaj,
    Thanks for the ideas...Any idea on how much will small jewellery boxes cost roughly?? Its been 2 years two years since i went to Chennai so no idea on the prices...

6. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Kalpana,

First off....CONGRATS :)
    One of the posters above had mentioned jewellery boxes. My husband's maami presented us with a small box made of velvet which holds bangles. Can hold approximately 10 "kambi valai". I will try and post a picture of it. Very cute, very useful. And being seemandham, you can put the manjal / kumkumam and some bangles also inside and present it.

sindmani and ammmullu like this.
  7. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Last year for our son's upanayanam we bought a beautiful agarbathi stand from there. It is in oxidized metal, with a small 1/2" Ganesha on one end. Shaped like a mango leaf. Price at that time was Rs.65 a piece. We bought a lot - about 500 to give both sides of our family.

sindmani and ammmullu like this.
  8. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

Hey DKI,
    Thanks for the wishes... ya i was thinking on lines of bangle boes only... please post the picture when you can... Also if you can get me details on the price and where they bought it, will be highly useful...
    And ya i saw that agarbathi stand but the base is not like leaf but like a round plate.. but i was little doubtful on the size.. if its too small it may not look good right....

9. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

I will post pictures of both the items later on today.

10. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks DKI