Question about Ganesh Chaturthi

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by IndianLady009, Aug 22, 2014.

1. IndianLady009

IndianLady009 Gold IL'ite

This year,Ganesh Chaturthi came on 29th August,which is friday..But its so happened that time is the time of the month for me...So,Incase if I happen to get the periods during that day,obviously I wont be able to celebrate the festivals.

Like we can do Varalakshmi pooja on any friday in the Sravan month,Can I also do the Ganesh Chaturthi on a different Chavithi day? Or is it,like,If i cant make on 29th..I cant do again till next year..

Please clarify...To give you a background,I am from Andhra pradesh(Telugu).

Thanks.

1 person likes this.

2. rainbowresh

rainbowresh Gold IL'ite

Hi Indian lady,
    Its good that u re interested and wish to do the puja of vinayagar chathurthi even after moving out of India. See like ekadeshi, pradosham,etc chathurthi also is listed for one day in every month!!!
    Yes it is vinayagar chathurthi day which is best but given ur constraint, u can do it on 12 September which is the chathurthi day of the following month. Another auspicious day for u!
    Good luck. May God bless you for having a good puja!

1 person likes this.
  3. priya04

priya04 New IL'ite

Hi Indian lady,
    After coming to US,most of them wont celebrate the festivals.i think,u are great.If u have perods on that day,u can celebrate it on another day.

1 person likes this.
  4. deepv

deepv Platinum IL'ite

In India , for any reason If we happen to miss to do the pooja on Ganesh chathurthy day ,we do it on Saraswathy pooja day.

1 person likes this.
  5. IndianLady009

IndianLady009 Gold IL'ite

Thanks so much for the replies.I am so lucky this time,it so happened that they came early..so.I will be good for the 29th pooja:thumbsup