rituals to be performed in baniyas community

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by anushali, Oct 23, 2013.

1. anushali

anushali Senior IL'ite

Hello indusladies
    I belong to baniyas community havin mine marriage in november this year. From all experienced ladies i want to know all rituals ,requirements required in baniyas communities. Please share ur valuable experiences
    This wud be helpful all indusgirls who are soon to be indus ladies;-)

2. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Dear Anushali,

Congratulations on your marriage.:)

Regarding customs in Baniya community, IMO it depends upon the region to which one belongs.

I belong to Baniya community and the customs followed are Navratri poojan, Ashmati poojan, Diwlai, Dusshehra, Raksha Bandhan and Saawan fasting and Karwa Chauth.

Rest mangalsutra wearing is not necessary. But married ladies apply Bindi, Sindoor, Bangles and sometimes toe rings.

And eating Non-veg is not a common practice in most of the Baniya homes.

But, as i said earlier, it all depends upon the region and family.

All the Best :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Sam303

Sam303 New IL'ite

Hi Team,

We are Baniya and My younger brother is getting married shortly. While planning the same we had a query.
    For Milni ceremony, is grooms elder brother's Father in Law i.e. my Father in Law entitled for milni ?

Request you to let me know about the above detail to best of your knowledge to ensure us a flawless planning.

Thanks & Regards
    Sam