Eco friendly Navarathri

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by mayavindra, Oct 4, 2013.

1. mayavindra

mayavindra Silver IL'ite

Hi,

This year let us follow eco friendly ways to celebrate Navarathri.

Instead of using plastic cups to give sundals please try to use the clay mutkas which you get in a pottery shop.You can also decorate them if you don't want them to be plain.

Also instead of plastic items as return gifts,please try to go for some eco-friendly items.

I have asked for some suggestions for this in another thread.

You can also come up with more eco-friendly ideas for this Navarathri. Please feel free to share them.

Cheers
    Rama

2 people like this.

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rama,

Happy Navrathri!!

This is my first time at setting up gollu and inviting people home for navrathri. I try to be eco-friendly as much as possible and I am giving small stainless steel plates and blouse bits as gifts, and for kids, earrings, bangles, small handbag, hairbands, and beaded keychains made by myself and my dds :)

sindmani and mayavindra like this.
  3. Shalushalini

Shalushalini New IL'ite

Hello Mayavindra,
    Check these navrathri gifts,
    I found this interesting navaratri gift for INR 50, that has kolahapur Lakshmi temple coin, kolkatta Durga bangle, & pen from kothanur Saraswati temple packed in a cute velvet pouch. Just check out this. https://www.ishtadevata.com/navarathri.html