Karva Chauth pooja at home

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Sh1978, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Sh1978

Sh1978 New IL'ite

I live on the upper west side in Manhattan and wanted to check if anyone gets together for Karva Chauth pooja at home or at a temple in Manhattan.. I would love to host or come to anyone's place if they are hosting. It's not till October but it wasn't fun doing it myself this year so starting to look..

2. Sh1978

Sh1978 New IL'ite

Sending this again in case anyone is planning to celebrate Karva Chauth in manhattan, please let me know :)

3. rid80

rid80 New IL'ite

Hi ,
    I am planning to keep karva chauth too . I live on the upper east side. have mesg you my cell number.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  4. rid80

rid80 New IL'ite

Since I am a new member cannot send you private mesg .my email id is ---- Please send me yours and we can exchange contact information.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
  5. Pankhi

Pankhi New IL'ite

Hey I live in Queens, NY and planning to do karwa chauth tomorrow. Pooja happens in a temple near Elmhurst so planning to go there. But I am open to other ideas. We can meet and do the pooja together too. Let me know so that we can plan accordingly.

6. Pankhi

Pankhi New IL'ite

Hey I live in Queen and I am planning to do karwa chauth tomorrow. Pooja happens in a temple near Elmhurst so I am planning to go there. But it will be great if we can do the pooja together. Let me know what are the plans so that we can decide accordingly.

7. rid80

rid80 New IL'ite

Hi,
    My friend is planning to skip karva chauth this year so basically I will be doing the puja alone. Let me know if you want to do puja together you are welcome at my place or I can come yours either works for me. 4:00 time is fine. If you planning to do it alone that's fine too either way just let me know.
    Take care..

8. mitaligupta1212

mitaligupta1212 New IL'ite

I have just moved here in manhattan. Is there any group i should join. Would love to celebrate festival together. Karwachauth, Diwali. Dunno what happens here in New york during these festivals.Any info will be welcome. Thanks
    mitali