Navarathri gifts

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by padmab, Sep 7, 2012.

1. padmab

padmab Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    Can you all please put in your thoughts and help me with ideas for gifts to be given during navarati? Also as this is my 2time golu, Iam an ameatur in this, so can you all give me creative yet simple ideas for golu decoration like zoo/ park etc which is simple to do.

regds
    Padma

2. Sowmya2709

Sowmya2709 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Padma,

We havent kept golu in our home, but had helped my Periamma(aunt) in arranging golu in her house. She keeps in a full room and spends a lot for this.. Each and every year we will have some theme.. For ex. this year we are planning for Olympic.. Lemme chk if i've any photos of that golu arrangements and then will upload for your reference.

Regarding Golu gifts, it depends upon ur budget. Just a plate with turmeric, kumkum, betel leaves, banana, small pocket size mirror, flowers and blouse bit will also do. In my Periamma's place she gives some small boxes, white metal pooja items, designer lamps, mobile pouches / holders, devotional CDs etc.. For kids bangles, hair clips, chains, etc.. So its ur wish of what to give..

Good Luck with your Golu arrangements.. :)

3. padmab

padmab Bronze IL'ite

thank you so much sowmya for the immediate response

4. KBCEE

KBCEE New IL'ite

For kids, you can also give color pencils, pencil boxes, sketch pens, school stationery set etc. this will be of more use to the kids. for elders - eco friendly bags - they can take for shopping vegetables and fruits..

sindmani likes this.
  5. padmab

padmab Bronze IL'ite

thanks KBCEE. Last year I gave a bag as you said. could you give some more ideas pl? All my dear ilite friends please pour in your suggestions .

6. geethabadri

geethabadri New IL'ite

Hi padma,

I have certain ideas for you. You can think of decorative lamps for gifting.
    geetha

7. geethabadri

geethabadri New IL'ite

Hi all
    I offer great gifts for Navarathri / Deepavali
    Hand painted diya/lamps as great gifts in various price ranges.pl private message me for more details.
    love
    geetha

8. KBCEE

KBCEE New IL'ite

we can also give pen/pencil stand, small bangle stand (u get that in parrys).. spend one day and you come out with lot of ideas. I am planning to go tomorrow.. lemme check and get back. heard hand made pen stands are costing only 10 or 15/-.. this will be a nice gift for kids..they will love keeping their own stationeries in it..

9. geethabadri

geethabadri New IL'ite

hi all,
    pl private message me and I can provide you some help.
    geetha

10. KBCEE

KBCEE New IL'ite

wow.. there are so many things to choose from parrys.. we went to the valayal kadai street and got so many stuffs for my 2 daughters.. its cheaper and can also be gifted.. rubberbands, bracelets, hair bands.... gr8 collections for girls.. go to the stationery shops u get angry birds pen, angry birds erasers and sharpeners for just Rs.5 to Rs.7/-. also lot of eco friendly bags, the jewel bags (old surukku pai) in different designs - was really amazed shopping in parrys.. go check it out. u need to spend atleast half a day.. (thats the only problem)