Question reg satyanarayana swamy pooja

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Flyingsparks, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Silver IL'ite

Hi ilites,
    I have been longing to do satyanarayana pooja since 2 yrs..my dh is not keen on it so i also din't bother much to force him..
    Offlate many bad thongs hav happened in my life and a friend suggested to o this pooja at home..
    My mom advised me to do it on full moon day..

I want to do it by myself..i have the audio & video of it..i am planning to downlad the vrat proceedure & vrat stories from internet..
    My question is does my dh has to sit compulsorily for the vrat?? He is not talking to me right now & absolutely won't show any interest in doing the pooja..

I have to do it by myself that too when he is not at home..i am planning to invite few girlfriends of mine though..

Please clear my doubt..also suggest me what else can I or I have to do??
    Any remedies for absence of dh for vrat??

Thank you...

2. vijjis

vijjis Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    I think you are in texas.
    In India many people do it in temples when the husband is somewhere else out of the city and even husband
    can perform the vrath same way.yes it gives more benefits when done on pournami (as per astrologers and pandits)
    But according to the story itself one can do it in housewithout the presence of their husband
    According to the story of satyanarayana vrath they (the mother and daughter) perform the puja when their husbands are in jail

according to the story
    When the guards reached the merchant’s place, they saw all the king’s wealth beside the merchant and his son-in-law. Thinking them to be robbers, they arrested them and brought them before the king stating that they were responsible for the theft. The king, without giving any chance of explaining their case ordered both be confined to behind bars. Even their wealth was confiscated by the king.
    While at the merchant’s house, the thieves robbed their entire wealth. This left his wife and daughter to beg for their daily bread. One day while begging for food, Kalawati reached a Brahmin’s house. At that time the brahmin and his family were performing Lord Satyanarayana’s puja. After listening to the prayer and& taking the prasadam, she left for home. By the time she reached home it was already dark.
    Leelawati was worried. She asked her daughter Kalawati, why it took her so much time to come home. Kalawati replied, “Oh Mother, today I was at a Brahmin’s house where they were performing Lord Satyanarayana’s vratham.” On hearing this, Leelawati recollected the long pending promise by her husband and narrated it to her daughter. She soon began the preparations for the Lord Satyanarayana vratham. She did the fast & prayer and asked the Lord for forgiveness. She prayed that her husband and her son-in-law return home safely.
    Lord Satyanarayana was pleased with the prayer and the fast. One day, he told King Chandraketu in his dream, “Oh King, You must release the merchant and his son-in-law as they are not the robbers. Return their wealth and set them free. If you do not do so, your kingdom will be destroyed.” In the morning, the king called the people in his court and told them about the dream.
    The people they agreed that the merchant and his son-in-law should be released by the king. The king asked the guards to bring the prisoners returned all their belongings and set them free. The king told them that due to their wrong-doings, they had to undergo this suffering, but now there was nothing to fear & they could go back home. They bowed down to the king & left for home.
    This chapter of Lord Satyanarayana is over. All chant together (say) Shri Satyanarayana ki jai.

(please ask your parents advice and then go ahead)

god satya narayana bless me with a child. please pray for me also.

bye
    vijjis

3 people like this.
  3. shambu

shambu Silver IL'ite

Please don't bother about anything...

There is absolutely no sin if he his not allowing or if he doesn't participate in the pooja... No worries...

First of all, let me make it very clear... Only if GOD permits, you can do this pooja... Not everyone could do it... I know many of my relatives couldn't do it for so many reasons...

But before you begin the pooja, pray GOD that all the problems between both of you should be solved & you should do the pooja next month with your hubby without any difference of opinion...

Do this pooja whole-heartedly... Your prayers will definitely be answered...

By the way, the full-moon day falls on 31st of this month... So don't hesitate & pray from now on, that you should be able to do the pooja...

Once you start the pooja, HE will make sure that you are able to do the pooja continuously & peacefully...

May GOD bless each & every being on this earth...

3 people like this.
  4. Flyingsparks

hi vijji,
    thank you for your reply and narration of the story..I will ask my parents and findout about it..as such i have to prepare lot of things before performing pooja..
    here in one temple they perform the pooja on behalf of us if we pay some money..i have been asking my dh since long to attend this pooja so that our marital problems be solved..atleast i'll attain some peace of mind..
    now i can't force him anymore..
    i'll do it by myself..i'll either pay the moeny there and attend the pooja or do it by myself after seeking advice form my parents..

thanks for the info

my sincere and healrtfelt prayers are with you..don't worry god will definitely bless you witha healthy and happy child...just believe in god and do your work..

Om sree satyanarayana swami ki jai..

1 person likes this.
  5. Flyingsparks

hi shambu,
    thank you for the info and words of encouragement..yes one has to do thus pooja with all faith and sincerity..
    because my dh was not keen even i was ignoring to do the pooja though back of my mind i have been thinking about it..now i can't take it anymore.
    i am going thru some rough phase..i lost my happiness and peace of mind..
    more than anything..i love tod o all these vrats & poojas to discipline myslef and my mind..what ever situation it it i never lost faith in god..

i'll pray to god with all devotion..
    hope everythings fall into plce in my life and god shower me with all his belssings..

may god bless you and each & every being on this earth..

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

There is no harm in doing the pooja all by yourself, but as suggested by Shambu sister Lord Sathyanarayana should grant you to do the Pooja and hope he blesses you.

Since you have been in the inclination of doing the Pooja, with faith and devotion you and your DH will be doing it together soon at your home, In the meanwhile since you said that the temples there do this Pooja if you request on payment of fees, I feel to start with you can opt for that, making sankalap for both your names and nakshatra and pray to lord for all your wishes to be true and also make a wish that your DH should voluntarily do the Pooja with you at home.

I am sure your wishes will be fulfilled and all your maritial issues solved. We have been doing this Pooja after many hurdles, continously for nearly a decade on all full moon days, sometimes at home, sometimes at temple.

Lord Sathyanarayana and our Guru Shirdi Saibaba have been kind enough to bless us to do pooja without any hindrances.

May Baba bless you in abundance and guide you too, Best wishes..

1 person likes this.
  7. Flyingsparks

hi sai,
    thank you for your reply..i will follow all of your instructions..

8. lakshmi07

lakshmi07 New IL'ite

Hi,
    You can perform Sathyanarayana pooja by yourself without your husband participating in the pooja.
    I perform this pooja every month. If I visit India alone then that month, I perform the pooja all by myself in India. There is no harm in it. I play the cassette and perform the pooja. You can download the pooja procedure and katha from internet or play the pooja procedure on your computer or laptop and perform the pooja.

You can perform the pooja on poornima day, ashtami, Fridays, Sundays and on Puratasi Saturdays (as per the book I have).

I am sure your husband will soon join you in the pooja once you start performing the pooja. Do it with faith. You will win.

With best wishes
    Lakshmi

sindmani likes this.
  9. Mythilisubraman

Mythilisubraman New IL'ite

Dear all. I really want to keep satyanarayana viral. can an unmarried person keep satyanarayana viral?