Golu Theme Ideas For competition

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by snehanjali486, Oct 15, 2010.

1. snehanjali486

snehanjali486 New IL'ite

Hi all,

We are having a Golu decoration Competition in our office. I havent seen or attend any golus. Though i Virtually participated in many Golus shared by many IL'ites here.Please let us know some Golu Themes . I'm sure many cretaive IL's are Present in this Forum. Please do help us with some innovative Themes which convey good message.

Note : Our Golu has one condition.
    · The Golu decoration should not exceed a height of 4 feet. The length and breadth should not exceed 5 feet each.
    Thanks in advance.
    Sneha

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sneha,

you can select go green as the topic and can exibhit things made of recyclable things or biodegradable materials. You can also insert some picture collages or paintings highlighting Farming, Avoiding motor vehicles for small distances and taking public transport and encourage using cycles (keep some toys or dolls). You can create a park using sand and ragi sprouts and mustard sprouts, and create a forest like atmosphere, a hill and place the animal toys which are nearing extinction. Now-a-days many hills are destoryed due to continuous mining activities which destroys the echo system by making so many insects and animals homeless. you can highlight some points on global warming. etc. Keep a bamboo plant (which is kept for good luck) in the golu.

or you can take different topics for each step and display items relating to them in them.
    e.g. Go Green, Today's busy life, Senior Citizens, Spirituality and Yoga, value of realtionships, etc.

All the best and do not forget to post the pictures of your Golu in IL.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  3. snehanjali486

snehanjali486 New IL'ite

Hi Mimur9,

Thanks a lot for your Ideas. I am actually thought of this concept Go Green.The concept of Go Green is Followed by our organization and many of us many come up with this Theme. So we thought of trying Something Else. I like your second idea of having different themes on each step.

I will discuss with my colleagues and will keep u posted.

All other IL'ites please drop in you Ides.

Thanks,
    Sneha

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Eagerly waiting to see your golu photos. Don't forget to post it.