IVF - Need some advice

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mrudula, Mar 19, 2007.

1. rasnakanwar

rasnakanwar New IL'ite

hi vaasanthi.....sorry i have'nt read ur earlier posts thats y asking u........was it ur first ivf?what factors contributes to its success pls share.

2. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Yes it was my first ivf attempt.Prayers,nutritious food,doctors instructions and medications.
    Are you plaaning for ivff??
    tc

3. rasnakanwar

rasnakanwar New IL'ite

yes iam planning.one more favour kindly guide me about ur ivf processs like how many eggs etc, or pls share link about ur earlier post regarding ur course of treatment.

and what steps u took after ur egg transfer like rest, diet etc.

anyways belated congos for ur pregnancy.

regards.

4. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Srry for the delayed reply.I was little sick.
    Thanks for your wishes!!!

I share you my entire protocol.
    (i) I was asked to come on the 2nd day of my periods.That day they took all basic tests like EKG,X-Ray,various blood tests.
    (ii) From cd3 to cd6 iwas on follitrope self injection(4 days).cd6 had follicular study.
    (iii) From cd7 to cd9 was on follitrope and cetrotide citrate self injections(3 days). cd9 had follicular study.I had around 10 good follicles in each of the ovary.
    (iv) On cd10 I took ovidrel,at night as per the RE instruction.
    (v) cd12 was my egg retrieval day.Totally 21 eggs were retrieved. That procedure was not that painful,as it was done with local anesthesia. After the surgery also i dint had any bleeding/spotting.The nurse has cleaned all the blood.
    During ER my DH sperm was collected.Unfortunately that day sperm quality and quantity is not even average.My DH gave the sample for 3 times the lab ppl are not satisfied and finally decided for IVF with ICSI.Half of the eggs are cultured naturally and half of them are by ICSI. 15 eggs were fertilized in that 10 only of good quality with proper division.
    From the day of ER I took vaginal progesterone supplement,3 times a day.
    (vi) cd15 had embryo transfer,which is day-3 transfer.Two good quality,8 cell division embryos were transferred.Before the transfer They showed me the embryos that are ready to transfer.
    I was given two relaxing tabs before the transfer.After transfer I had a sound sleep for 1~2 hr.Then back home.
    Along with progesterone supplement(3 times per day),I took babyasprin(1 per day) and solu medrol injections-4 days.

Then 12th day after ET had beta HCG.Got confirmed with my pregnancy.I was 3w4d by that time.

Food----I dint change my food habit.I just added milk, two eggs and spinach(any green) to my regular diet before and after IVF pocedure.Also any two fruits daily.

Hope I hv given you some info,which helps you.
    Tc of your health.When are you scheduled for ivf??

1 person likes this.
  5. rasnakanwar

rasnakanwar New IL'ite

vaasanthi thanx for your detaile writeup dear................we are financially not that sound so as to attempt ivf but somehow we managed to arrange some funds for the treatment.iam very much tense and damn nervous also.we are married since last 6 years and there is so much of social and in laws pressure on me to have a child.my dh is the only son, hence there are a lot of expectations from me.every day and night iam crying like anything......mine is a love marriage against the will of both my parents and his....i know iam suffering from these agony due to this only..........god plz plz plz forgive me dont give such painful and hard punishment to me..plz.

anyways vaasanthi could you pls tell me the name of the doctor and hospital where you have taken the treatment.

and how is your health now?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  6. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Mine is also love marriage.I dint let my parents or in-laws know abt the ivf or the infertility problems we faced.We thought of not telling either mine or DH parents.
    I am residing outside India dear.
    We cannot fulfill everyones expectations.Just take care of your and your DH health and leave the rest to God.
    Choose a doctor to whom you are comfortable with and better to chose fertility centre,just my opinion.
    I really can understand your pain and what are you going through.
    Pls dont stress yourself.Just think this ivf will bring you positive and try get all sort of positive thoughts and read more positive stories and books.Just ignore the pressure from ppl.
    I pray for you.
    If you dont mind could you pls tell me your medical history,age?? why are you planning for ivf..like tat.
    My health is kind of ok.Just need more rest and care,as I am carrying twins.

7. vkonda

vkonda New IL'ite

Hi,

I am a silent reader of this forum.
    I am in TTC from 5 yrs, tried 4 IUIs and 1 IVF(June 2010) without any success. I have PCOS with elevated testosterone levels.
    I got married in 2004 and got pregnant after 9 months, but then I was in search of job and due to my sisters problems without job, I aborted my child. Now I really scold :bonk myself for doing that. My husband is really supportive and he does not say anything. That is my problem. If he would have shut my mouth on that day, we were a happy family by now.
    We came to US 5 yrs before. After coming here we really tried hard to get child. but in may 2007 I had severe stomachache and the periods were 7 days delayed. We thought I was pregnant, but NO. When we consulted a gync in denver she said I have PCOS, border insulin levels and high testosterone levels.
    She asked me to loose 10 pounds and I lost 15 pounds in 3 months and followed strict diet(no rice).I tried this for 10 months. Then we moved to CT in Aug 2007. I consulted a reproductive endo there and they suggested IUI because we were aggressive to have a child.My DH's SA was normal.Did 2 IUI's feb 2008 and march 2008. did HCG on April 1st(normal), scheduled April 6th and 7th IUI, but we got call from India on 6th my MIL(suffering with cancer) expired. (my husband was very sad)I thought she will born as a child to us and I went to IUI on that day. but no success. I was on metformin, prenatal DHEA , prometrium and estradiol.
    Then I stopped all medication in 2009 Jan.Started doing job. did shasti pooja, garbharakshambika ghee and all i could.Thought of going to Dr Malpani and took second opinion(Oct2009). He checked all reports and said both don't have any problem. Said try IVF and asked to come to mumbai. I was about to book a ticket and my DH stopped me.Again started journey in 2010, consulted RE in Stamford CT for IVF. He said we both don't have any problems suggested IUI. tried 1 cycle in april 2010, no success, then decided to go to IVF.I don't remember medication(but no BCP, no baby aspirin), out of 9 eggs 7 were fertilized, transfered 2, but no success.Thought of going to FET last month, but I was very afraid if I don't get success, I have to die for sure(I am in do or die situation now).

I know , did a big mistake(not a suitable word for my sin) in my life.I feel like killing myself sometimes, so that my DH can do another marriage and have child. He deserves it. I told him to get married again.But he said Big NO and scold me.
    I am ready to do anything to get our own child.I am taking ayurvedic medicine now since 5 months. Dr said within 3months I will get pregnant, but NO. Whomever I consulted They said no problem in both of US. But we ask then what is the problem. There is no answer to this question.

I am planning to goto IUI or IVF again, but my DH does not want it, because last IVF itself he said No second time after watching all injections I was doing myself.

8. vkonda

vkonda New IL'ite

Please pray for me too, god is not listening to my prayers, if you include me in your prayers, may be I get pregnant.

Vasumathy,
    I am a big fan of you. I really appreciate your encouragement to other people.
    Soon you will get pregnant , for what you are doing?

Whenever I see some success story, I think myself, we both does not have any major problem, but we are not getting a child.I saw in most cases with major problems get pregnant within 3 months , with the same medication what I used. I am not able to describe my feelings, but these days I am praying god to give me child or kill me.Atleast my husband will get good life after I die.

9. rasnakanwar

rasnakanwar New IL'ite

thanx vaasanthi for ur soothing words.iam 33 years old with pcos.i have a history of fibroids, operated twice in last 3 years to get rid of those fibroids.now a days we have shifted to nagpur just in hope we will get good doctors here.iam thinking of ivf because i already have 3 iuis and now iam not in a mood to do more iui's because iam doubtful about the position of my tubes so going for ivf now........and thanx for ur concern and prayers for me.

10. hopesinbaby2010

hopesinbaby2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mrudula,
    Thanks a lot! I'm going to try naturally for another six months then I have to decide.

Pls let me know which RE(RE Dr's name) did u visited in Advanced fertility center. and the Gynec name who referred u to Advanced Fertility center. Now I have relocated to Chicago in Buffalo Grove. So Pls if u can let me know the details that will be very helpful for me.