Travel during 2WW is ok?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by manjur, May 2, 2010.

1. manjur

manjur Senior IL'ite

hi friends,

i am planning to conceive and in my two weeks wait period and nearing the end.
    my il's and family are planning to go to kanyakumari and 2-3 nearby temples from trivandrum . she is also forcing me to come .can i go for the journey?i am scared what if i conceived is it safe to travel in a qualis car by road?i can't tell her before confirming

please give suggetions

manju

2. soumikrish

soumikrish New IL'ite

Hi,

If you are planning to conceive, i would suggest that you dont make any travel that is very hectic. If you had confirmed your pregnancy it is not safe to travel atleast for 4 months. Even if you are not sure that you are pregnant, it is better not to take the risk(since you are trying or may have concieved, which will not be known until you miss your next period) . I am advising this out of my own personal experience.

Thanks,
    SK

3. savannas

savannas Bronze IL'ite

URGENT - air travel during pregnancy first month - okay or not?

Hi IL,
    We are in ttc, and from my bbt and other cycle calculations, I understand to some extent where my fertility window dates are..
    Now, for my coming cycle, while we want to desperately try.. however, there may be a need to visit our cousins and relatives in bay area. The timing of the trip is such that it coincides with fourth week of pregnancy (i.e if we try and if attempt is successful). We cannot change trip timings. So, I want to know if it is safe to travel during that time when pregnancy can not yet be confirmed..
    or is it considered pretty safe to travel during first month of pregnancy.. that we should put ttc efforts during this cycle and continue with travel plans ? Or should we skip trying for this cycle, and continue from next?
    Please advise me what to do - because it helps to plan accordingly..
    (Oh, forgot to mention, the travelling part will be a 2 hour long plane flight within US )
    Regards
    Savitha

4. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

Re: URGENT - air travel during pregnancy first month - okay or not?

I traveled during my entire first trimester.. I flew from seattle-canada-seattle during the 3rd week and I was fine.. and again in the 12th week I flew from seattle - bay area

I will also depend on how your case is.. If your pregnancy is high risk then doctors will not recommend you fly.. depends on your history

5. savannas

savannas Bronze IL'ite

Hi Devika,
    God bless you for responding ! You don't know the number of times, I've been refreshing this page to see if someone replied or not.. anyways.. now, that atleast you have some experience, I would like to ask you some questions... pls dont mind -
    1. you said you flew in 3rd week.. would you think flying in 4th week be any different from 3rd week ?? 2. Also, were you expecting to get pregnant ? So, like.. did you take any precautions from that point of view ? 3. Do any symptoms show up during 4th week.. I am asking because we will be at our cousins place.. I need to know if theres anything to watch out for.. our To and fro flying will be during beginning of 4th and 5th week respectively.. so, you could recollect and give suggestions accordingly..
    by the way, looks like u stay in US.. may I know where you are based from ? :) we stay in arizona :)

regards
    savitha

6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

savitha

I flew to India in the 2nd week of my pregnancy and back in the 7th week of my pregnancy, of course without a clue about being pregnant at all! While in India I happily rode my scooty on all the bumpiest roads possible and went with all my little cousins on the giant wheel (Ferris wheel) and a whole lot of other rides, just ate whatever I fancied, even got a couple of thyroid tests done. I was terribly nauseated after coming back but just thought of it as the result of all the binging I did in India on street food!Then in the 10th week, I flew from Austin to Bay Area and had to run in between at Denver to catch a flight and I was perfectly alright.

I am currently 24 weeks and 6 days pregnant. So I think you'll be fine, but it's always best to check with the doctor.

Best wishes!

1 person likes this.
  7. savannas

savannas Bronze IL'ite

Whoa Pear tree ! You probably should write a newspaper article on that sometime ! You seem to have been 'blissfully' unaware of it all - ofcourse, when u say you flew to India in 2nd week.. thats probably even before conception ! But, scooty rides on bumpy roads - LO must have had massages from the moment of creation huh ?!
    Yet another positive experience.. encourages to plan the trip as well as efforts :)

thanks so much

Savitha

PS: I dont have a family doctor yet, and so I just called up the nurse at our health care center for opinion. The nurse checked with the ob/gyn nurse and said 'should be absolutely fine'.. but you know.. hearing from actual experience is what finally convinces us.. right ?

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  8. savannas

savannas Bronze IL'ite

Sorry for butting in, but I also am in similar situation.. so would like to know...

dear soumikrish,
    I hope you wouldn't mind my asking this question - but the experience that you are referring to - did it by any chance involve air travel within US/ car rides within US ? I am asking this because we want to TTC during the coming cycle, but there will definitely be airtravel during 2WW period.. our travel will be 2 hrs domestic flight within US.. so, want to know ur opinion on this..

thanks
    savitha

9. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

Yes we were "planning" the pregnancy .. but I did not want to put my life on Hold every 2ww, and suffer disappointment that I missed out on Fun things to do; it was new years time (just incase we didnt conceive) - but I also took care of my health in the 2ww.. as in no drinks; no papaya/pineapple; I had gone to a Ski resort in Canada in the 2ww & did some snowboarding too & fell plenty of times.. however the baby was TINY and well protected inside & I was wearing LOTS of clothes to layer and protect my falls..

My major symptom was very very dizzy 2-3 days before period was due.. thats it.. and tired too.. period never came & I tested 2 days after it was due and got a positive home test..

When you are at the cousins place.. try and not advertise that you might be pregnant (in case you are not) ; I would carry a pregnancy test with you in your bag (so you dont have to buy one over there) & dont share the good news with extended family if you conceive immediately (get confirmation from doctor then share)

g.luck
    I am in Washington state..

10. kavithakesavan

kavithakesavan New IL'ite

Re: Newly Married - Questions about Intimacy!

Hi,

I have got a big doubt frens.:hiya Will driving vehicle be a spoil sport:crazy for TTC. Please tell me coz i drive two wheeler to office.:hide:

Thanks in advance:bowdown

Bye
    Kavi