Ayurveda for treatment

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Vineena, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Vineena

Vineena New IL'ite

Hello,
    I am only 10 days old @ Indusladies and am already info-over-loaded in this group :)

I am married for the past 2.5 years. We have been planning for a family since last year.

My part:
    I have been diagnosed with PCOD problem and have been going on Metformin since Dec 08. Ever since I have had periods most months, until Sept 09. I weigh 59 kgs at 165 cms.
    Starting Sept 09, I dint have my periods till Oct 3rd week, when my gyny put me on Primolut-N and I had my periods (with much lesser bleeding that usual) in the 1st week of Nov. I started gym-ming since Sept 1st week and I still dont know if it caused the delay in periods. (My gyny says no!)

DH part:
    His SA suggested asthenospermia and he has relatively low sperm motility (~40-45). And after a series of medications and consultations, his andrologist suggested that we go for an IUI treatment.

My huge set of doubts now:
    1. Is there an alternative treatment we can go for with this - instead of an IUI? Something like Ayurveda, where some life style and diet changes can make a difference?

2. Still dont know why my periods were delayed and if its going to be fine.

3. Should I stop gymming?

4. Is there anything (like diet, life style changes or exercie) we can do to help DHs sperm motility?

Thanks a lot for ur time,
    Vineena Udupa.

2. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Hi Vineena,
    Welcome to IL..:)
    Personally from my side i will advice you to not to change the treatment. Continue with your Gyneac, speak with her openly and clear all your doubts then and there. If they suggest IUI go for it. I have also done IUI..
    And regarding your DH's count give him Raw figs, dates, and cold milk before bed. Also a healthy breakfast... This will definitely help you, you will be able to see the changes... My Dh to had this problem and there is a good difference, even if the count is not increased motility increases which is more than enough.
    As far as Gymming i suggest you to check with your Dr as she/he may only able to tell you... But what my Dr told me is not to do any hard exercise during the 2WW...Also one advantage is that your weight is correct for your height, were the normal issue in pcod is over weight.. try to maintain it always...

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Vineena,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. ocan find our forum guideliens here...

Your hormonal study done before? If not, cheking of hormones like Prolacin, Thyroid hormone & others may help you know the reason for delay in periods.

Don't do hard exercises in 2WW. Healthy diet always helps you...

There is a thread on sperm quality improvement in this forum. Try to search it. You can try those natural remedies. They will surely hep your DH.

Relax & stay positive.
    Baby dust to you!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  4. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

5. Vineena

Vineena New IL'ite

Thanks a ton for such fast responses. It sure feels good to be reassured! And I will sure count on all the baby dust......!

I have already started on some home remedies for DH and the fenugreek 1 for myself!!

As far my hormonal readings go (as taken last week), doc says all readings are ok except for LH = 12.9 and FSH = 6.1. It seems this is ratio is on the higher side. Ideally LH shud be lesser than FSH. Wonder if that's making up for my missed periods et al.

Thanks again a ton for your time and valuable feedback.

- Vineena.

6. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I was reading Kumudham Snehithi (Nov-16-30 2009) edition yesterday. There is a new article series started for infertile couple. They are mentioning that there are several home remedies for all fertility problems after consulting renowed siddha doctors who are suggesting home remedies. I will try to publish the first article from that book , can anyone help to publish the remaining articles from Dec. Coz I am hyderabad and we don't get this book all the time here, I will try to publish if I get the book, else it will really be helpful if someone at Chennai can do it.

7. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Hey Radha,

This is a good news.Iam a regular reader of Kumudham Snegidhi.I would do that.Let me buy the first part today and let you know.

8. Sairaghavendra

Sairaghavendra Senior IL'ite

hello rajalakshmi,

did u buy the book kumudam snegidhi, if u have bought the book pls post the gist of it in english becoz i stay in bangalore and i don't know how to read tamil, it will be a great help to all who are ttc.

hi vineena,
    i am also sailing in the same boat as of u, i am married for 3 yrs and ttc, ours was late marriage, i am 35 now and my hubby is 41. i have also been diagnosed with pcod and my hubby has asthenoteratospermia, that is low count,motility, and morphology, 0.1 million count. we have been under ayurvedic treatment for past 1 month, just both of us finished panchakarma. there i met one girl who was also ttc and she said that her DH's sperm count was zero in september and he took this ayurvedic treatment for 6 months and now it has increased a lot, so hoping for the improvement in my DH's count and motility also. this is just an information for ur question of alternative treament, hope it will be helpful to you.

lot of babydust to all.

9. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Sorry.I did not have "Snegidhi" book.

10. binpal

binpal New IL'ite

Hi Sairaghavendra,

Where are you taking ayurvedic treatment?? Please pass on reference as I am sailing in the same boat.

Do you notice any change in your health??