What is Susten 200?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by nivedhita, Nov 12, 2009.

1. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I took the follicular test recently and it came as negative -in sense no dominant follicle.. Now my doc advised susten 200 and said you wait for 5 days you will get periods. And then you come on second day of period and I will give u tablets.

I want to know why is Susten 200 given and also I am taking this capsule orally.. However on checking in google I found out it is not necessarily taken orally but the other way also.. But my doc did not mention anything about it to me.. SHe said taken susten 200 (2) for 5 days thats all..

I am confused.. please guide me!

luv
    niv

2. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Hello Nivedhita,

Susten is progesterone tablet. Its responsible for getting periods on time. In your case since you had no good follicles you might not get periods naturally. So I assume your doctor wants to induce it which is why she is asking you to take it orally for 5 days. Once you stop it you will get your periods within a week.

Susten can also be used vaginally in case you need it for providing additional progesterone to help sustain pregnancy after IUI or IVF cycles. In your case since this is not applicable, your doctor has suggested other way.

Regards,
    Malar

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  3. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

susten is progesterone tablet.. it helps who are pregnant to keep up the pregnancy and those who are not, to induce periods...

4. ishvickey30

ishvickey30 Senior IL'ite

hello,

One of my cousin is 6 week pregnant. & doc advised her to take susten 200 orally.. she want to know the purpose of this capsule...

can smone tell whts d purpose of this capsule.

Thanks

5. ritikroshan

ritikroshan New IL'ite

hello,

I m 9 week pregnant. & doc advised her to take susten 200 . I want to know the purpose of this capsule...

can smone tell whts d purpose of this capsule.

Thanks

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rithikroshan,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here...
    Congrats on your pregnancy! :)
    Its a progesterone supplement. It will support you in pregnancy if your progesterone levels are lower or you had any troubles with pregnancy!
    Take care & all the best!

7. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Susten 200 is Progesterone Soft Gelatin Capsules For Oral Use.
    If Secretion of Prosgesterone hormones are below the normal level, this is suggested.
    Susten contains a Progesterone hormone, this hormone is especially predominant in females and is vital to your regular ovulation cycle and to a healthy pregnancy.

8. shamin95

shamin95 New IL'ite

useing susten 400 mg

HI Frens..

Am TTC My doc hav suggested me to use susten 400 mg tablet trough vagina. am using the sustain tablet from 2 days puting it wid finger and pushing it as much as its going in.. but while i am urinating some white powder will come out what it is. i am i in safe to get conceive please help me those who are using susten 400 mg plsssssssss

9. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite