Suggest a doctor for IVF in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by blorebaby, Sep 28, 2009.

1. blorebaby

blorebaby New IL'ite

Hi to all Ladies,
    I am new to this forum..
    Am married 2 years completed,am in US, TTC from 1 year, n i had been to doctor here n gone through 3 IUIs but no any positive results.. nw i decided to go through IVF in india as it is so costly here.. and am coming to india in oct..
    In india i leave in banglaore, my problem is,i have some fertility doctors names, like Gunasheela,Kamini Roa,Patil,but am in confusing stage to whom shall i consult,,, plz sugest me from your side if any one have done IVF with those doctors,your experience with those doctors and the success.. If any other good doc. in bangalore? Plz let me know..
    Thanks is advance...

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Blore baby,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. You can find our forum guideliens here...

Sorry about your failed IUIs. Did you used injectables or with tablets for those IUIs? Why cant you try 3 more IUI cycles may be with injectables? Just my thought!

About the information on IVF, hope the people from B'lore or people have experience with IVF speak! But try to navigate Bangalore forum pages. There will some discussions on gynecs.
    Thank you.

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Blorebaby,

Though no personal experience at this area or with the doctors.. I have heard of my friend talking about Kamini Rao.. who did her IVF. It was a success, and she has twins now. She vouches for this doctor and I even suggested her to another friend who just went bact to Bangalore for good. However, this friend is yet to take the treatment from her / other doctor yet. So, if she has, will give you another feedback. I have heard a few others saying she is good too.

Would suggest you to visit her once.. Talk in person. Evaluate yourself to see how comfortable she makes you feel !

4. Nittu

Nittu Senior IL'ite

I had been to Dr. kamini.Dr. kamini has a lot of assistants,they all treat us like some animal .I feel it is the worst hospital. We have to wait for 4 hours minimum to see her. I will not suggest you to go there. I had been there twice,,they booked a laprscopy surgery just like that without asking me and my husband's interest.
    You can go to Doctor Nirmala Ragunanthan, in No. 1313,2nd phase ,J.p. Nagar,Behind, RV Denatal college,Bangalore. She does not have any assitants,she take stime to understand your problem.
    She was working with Guna sheela,she is quite famous and very much experienced. :thumbsup

5. blorebaby

blorebaby New IL'ite

Thanks Vasumathy

thanks preethi,,
    i will check with her..

Thanks nittu for quick response..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
  6. Nittu

Nittu Senior IL'ite

Hi blorebaby
    I really want to help those who are trying to conceive.
    I had all failed IUI and IVF. I tried in india as well as US.
    I am married for 9 years. In the process of TTc please
    don't spoil ur health going to doctors who might not care
    for you. Please make sure you are going to the right doctor.
    TTC is mere gambling ...:hide:
    Enjoy your day ,be happy.....
    Good Luck To you!!!

7. DollDoll

DollDoll New IL'ite

HI Blorebaby,

I would like to share my experience of Dr.Nirmala.R at the Advanced Infertility Center (AFC) No.1313,9th cross,27th main, J.P nagar near RV Dental College.
    She is quite a rude lady.Courtesy that you would expect would be found wanting.
    She speaks very fast as there are on any given day more than 40 couples waiting to meet her apart from the numerous IUI and IVF teams that she leads.So when you ask her to repeat something which you did not understand she would use words like Stupid,Idiot... at you.If you are in with a strong frame of mind you can overcome.Otherwise it is painful for anyone to hear abuses.
    If you are the first timer you would be briefed by Dr.Manjunath.He is cool.But he is just an assistant.

There is another doctor along with Dr.Nirmala...... Dr.Varsha Samson Roy .Dr.Varsha as per my understanding leads the IUI and IVF cases.In fact she reports to Dr.Nirmala.In a way you could say that both of them(Dr.Nirmala & Dr.Varsha) are the pillars of AFC (Advanced Fertility Center).Dr.Varsha is very kind and well behaved.But if you want an appointment with Dr.Varsha you will have to check with reception.

For more TRUE feedbacks on AFC.Do PM me.

Regds,
    Ambika Rajan

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
  8. Nittu

Nittu Senior IL'ite

Hi bambli
    I totally agree with you that Dr. Nirmala speaks little rude.But frankly to us she never used 'stupid' kind of words. But at the same time the sucess rate is more with her. But she wouldn't give any medicine that would harm you. So i thought she is good lady. I took treatment with her for the past 3-4 years. So i know her temper.
    Anyway going to AFC ,the time to meet doctor,scan....nothing goes on time.

9. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Banglore baby,

Each one will have their own and bad / good experiences with a doctor.. There is no hard and fast rule to stick with a doctor you dont like. That is exactly why I said, visit the doctor, talk, see if the doctor answers your questions, if she says ' you wont understand these terms '.. time to walk away ! No doctor should say that, yes, true patients wont understand terms, because they havent studied medical.. But, then what are the doctors for ? They need to make the patient understand ' what ' is happening in their body ! if they feel impatient to answer those, then, you are better off without this medico !!

So, always make a careful and personal judgement when it comes to doctors ! Take care and all the very best !! :thumbsup

10. blorebaby

blorebaby New IL'ite

Thank u all ladies for the response,,
    I thiking of talking to doctor first when i consult her, this help me to know about her and her treatment, how she may be,i want positive results for my ivf..
    Once again Thank u all.