Laparoscopy experience....

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Vasumathy, Sep 7, 2009.

1. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Sankna,

Mine was lap with ovarian drilling. Nothing else was done. What I meant was, as it was already known that Vasu had a block they could have tried to remove it through lap. That is what I meant to ask Vasu. Hope this clears things for you.

Regards,
    Anitha

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I do not know whether they do such stuffs as clearing tube block in India! When we discuss on lap, gynec doesn't say such option is available! :-(

3. kavyen

kavyen New IL'ite

Hi,
    I just had my lap last week thursday to have ovarian cysts. This is my second lap and each surgery lasted 4 hours... I dont understand why they did a lap to check tube blocks. They can do it via a procedure called HSG, very painful but atleast they dont cut you open.

I had it last week as well just before my lap. My doctor dint want to club tube testing with the cyst removal thing. He kept saying my internals are a mess :crazy

4. Vasumathy

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CDevi%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    I really don't know on what basic they are deciding on type of lap!
    I have already undergone HSG before months by the guidence of another gynec!

My new gynec wants to ensure of the things in uterus before proceeding to IUI! So i underwent dagnostic part of Lap. Also heard after lap, IUI will give better results, so gone that way!

Take care of your health dear! recover soon!

5. kavyen

kavyen New IL'ite

Thanks Vasumathy. I have just been bleeding like crazy for the past 3 days and I wasnt even expecting my period. Waiting to get a call back from my doc.

Good luck with your IUI. Was all fine with your HSG? You may also want to get the blood test done to check ovulation if your gynaec has not already done it.

:thumbsupBaby dust to you!

6. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends ,

I am back after lap. My ovaries are fine and no endometriosis.My gyn was for a shock when she checked my tubes - both are blocked!!! and one had some sort of outgrowth . She told me they cleared the blocks and removed the extragrowth.

Well I am now relieved to know what was going wrong for all this time. I will ask her for more details regarding my future course of action in my next visit.

I am feeling so tired and unable to sit even for 10 min continuously. there are 3 incisions covered with bandage in the abdomen area.

I hope my journey from here goes on smoothly ..

Thanks all of you for ur wishes and kind words.

7. Vasumathy

Hi Sankna,
    Good that your tubes got unblocked! All the best. Continue your journey in TTC with more hope & happiness!
    Recover soon! Take care! :)

8. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Vasu,

Feeling better today. Having little bleeding also from morning, I guess it will be fine after sometime. Still taking fluids and soft food.

9. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Yes Anitha.. Mine was supposed to be a diagnostic one, but it ended up to be a tube removal lap , as both of them were blocked and one had some outgrowth.

10. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

hi sankna,
    happy to hear that your blocks were removed.hope from now you will have a bright path to hold your baby soon.All the best and take care of your health.