Metformin Hydrochloride

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sumaticg, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

PCO under Metformin

Dear Friends

I am brand new to this thread , Living in Zambia Africa . We are seriously planning a family , i had 2 miscarriages 1st in 2005 may 2nd (DNC due to blighted ovum) and 2nd 2006 miscarriage. Then came to india and did a complete test even a laproscopy, thank god only thyroid and PCO ovaries enlarged , so now in metformin the dr has asked to tkae 2 dose and then m periods was eartic and she now reduced to 1 and asked to continue. My problem is i am unable to predict my Ovulation as i did in my previous 2 planning as a result i am getting anxious i am turning 29 this May.

Please someone help me .

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

3. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Re: PCO under Metformin

Thanks asha that was quick but r u planning now and facing the same problem as i do, jsut was talking with my hubby he says i am taking it more seriously but i wonder when this struggle ends , I sometime feel why prayers are not being answered.

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Sumati,

Don't be dishearted, nope right now i'm not trying, maybe after couple of mths later.

Hey God always answered the prayers-Sometimes prayers take a long time to be answered, but the right ones are.(my fav quote):wave

5. kb2000

kb2000 Bronze IL'ite

Hi sumaticg and Cheer,

Dont lose your hopes and don't brude over.... You both will conceive and a have beautiful babies..

Keep your spirit's up. Don't stress yourself but be active and don't put-on any weight.

All the best and my prayers are there for you both..

kb2000

6. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Thanx KB for ur wishes:)

7. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Hey Thanks KB

As you said i am in watching my weight, but sometimes it pulls me down for which i need some boost . That was comforting.
    I have one more doubt can any one advise how far is ovulation predictor kit reliable and useful... anyway i not yet convienced of using it cos it increases the anxiety and worry. But want to know is it worth using it.

love sumi

8. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sumi,

You are 100% correct, it increases our anxiety level..Actually one of my friend said that her cousin used it and conceived the very next month.

I used it last month...i didn't get LH surge till 17th day, that itself made me worry.Atlast i got the positive line, but unfortunately though i followed as per the instructions i didn't get any positive results even this time(inspite of my normal health condition)..it got one day delay(might be due to stress),i felt little happy, but it didn't prolong till next morning also...

So this time though few strips are remained i'm not going to use, atleast we can relax....i am not totally against, if you wish use once and see...it may click for you...

All the best.

Cheers,
    usha.

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  9. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

I am confused please help!!!

Dear Friends

I am having Metformin for my PCO . My dr has asked me to take one dose and asked me to continue and will stop completely this month and it worked fine with my periods last month. We are actually planning for a baby, i am desparate in having a baby as i expereinced 2 miscarriage. I am really depressed. Today is by Birthday and 2years back i had my 1st Dnc on the same day so!!

Ok now my confusion this month my periods is delaying now i am 40 days and checked with HPT but negative. But today i found some Ovulation symptoms like muscus and i am confused am i having my next Ov cycle without my periods.

Please help me is it posssible and will it click.

10. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Re: I am confused please help!!!

HI,

Many more happy returns of the day.

Don't worry, everything will be alright.Pray god and relax your mind...enjoy the day with ur beloved ones..

Test after 3-4days, you might get positive results...pay patience...
    All the best.
    Regards,
    USHA.