temple in chennai for those in TTC

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Rad

Rad Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

It is believed that if we pray for Lord Santhana Gopala Krishna when we are TTC, it gives good results...

For those living in Chennai, There is a temple in Mugappair called Santhana Gopala Krishnan temple....They do special pooja for those who are yet to be blessed with children..

The pooja is done on days with specific stars....like swathi, punarpoosam etc....

we are advised to do the pooja for three consecutive months...eg.If u start the pooja on a swathi day, then it is special to continue with the same star for the next two months..if we get periods, we can skip that month..

They place the krishna idol on the couples lap and they do archana using butter,honey etc..which can be purchased from the temple itself....the couples are advised to take the butter and honey every night....

This is repeated for two other months....

Two of my collegues conceived after finishing this pooja....and one of them was ttc for a long time..and now she conceived at the age of 32.It is said that this santhana gopala pooja has to be done with utmost sincerity from both husband and wife..

If some of u can make it, please do that....The pooja is usually done in the mornings....After completing the pooja, u can go to work( for working people)..

I can give more details if anybody needs it..

Baby dust to u all.....

2. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

hai radhika,
    really thanks for your wonder info.is there any way to do pooja if we are abroad. please let me know

3. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Hi Radhika,
    Thanks for sharing the information with us. I have heard about a temple called Santhana Perumal temple in Muggapair, are you talking about the same temple? Could you pls let me know like on which specific stars the puja to be done and can the puja be done by our parents on our behalf?
    Thanks.
    Premsudha

4. PeeVee

PeeVee Senior IL'ite

you can also chant the dasakam called "Santhana Gopalam" in narayaneeyam. It is just 12 verses of slokas.

5. Rad

Rad Bronze IL'ite

hi premsudha,

I vl let u know the stars....they have given a card with the stars for every month pooja...As i had my periods I could not refer that...I vl let u know in a couple of days... and the pooja has to be done only by the couple and not by anyone else...even if we go alone, they will not permit..both should be present.

6. Rad

Rad Bronze IL'ite

It is the same temple which u have heard about....in mugappair

7. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Thanks a ton Radhika, shall wait for the details regarding the stars.
    Love,
    Premsudha

8. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

thank you rad,
    only last jan we came from india. if i know about this temple i would have visited it.anyway try to pray the god to bless us all with child

9. hemasiva0207

hemasiva0207 New IL'ite

Hi Radhika,

thank you for the details, I am also in ttc for last 3 years. Can u please tell me the complete address of this temple & also tell me how much cost need to do this pooja

regards,

Hemasiva

10. deepss25

deepss25 Bronze IL'ite

hi,

The address for the temple is,

sri santhana srinivasa perumal kovil,
    36/10 vellalar street ( near sbi),
    mugappaair,
    chennai-50.

ph:26248117

its on the the bus route of d70,ask for golden flats or wavin bus stop,its close from there.kumbabishekam was done recently.

deepa