My Journey with Endometriosis

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by AnishaR, Jul 8, 2009.

1. AnishaR

AnishaR Senior IL'ite

Dear swati,

Thanks for your reply and wishes.Even I'm hoping for the best,

Regards,
    Anisha

2. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

thanks anisha for your reply and eagerness to help me... it so turned out this month without our intention, it turned out to be a month of rest for me...means no expectation for us. so i planned to get myself checked after 7 months after lap...

so i consulted the dr and she suggested endometrial biopsy and that is similar to d&c. so already sent the endo for biopsy yesterday and am waiting for results..

i could'nt have done this all these months because every month was an expectation for us and hence i had to just accept the scanty periods.

but i hope the test will shed some light on my endometrial health. also opted for pap smear as there is lot of talk here in India about cervical cancer.

All the best for your IVF efforts and wish you conception and a healthy baby soon...

3. Waiting

Waiting New IL'ite

Dear Anisha

How are you doing? Is everything okay with you? Dont lose faith and be happy..Your IVF will succeed.. :)

Btw i was waiting for your post with diet deyails for endo sufferers :( Hope you get some time to post them..

Thanks
    Waiting..for ur post :)

4. Waiting

Waiting New IL'ite

Hi hema

Wanted to know if anyone who has endometriosis is TTC(or had tried to plan for a baby or still trying)? We are TTC and want to know if anyone had any success or any problems with that? really worried about this condition as am slowly coming to know the severity of endo.. was diagnosed last september :(

Also as the topic of exercise came up here..wanted to check if it is okay to exercise after ovulation? as we are supposed to be careful after that> Is Kickboxing fine to do or a strict No-No? though my doc said its okay to jog,run,cycle or do any aerobics..am little scared.. have heard ppl advising not to do heavy exercise? is it fine to do yoga then as we need to keep our weight under control too right? please someone advise me if it is okay to do aerobics(jumping jacks, kicks,running and weights) or we should resort to just walking /yoga?

please guide me...also waiting to see if endo sufferers have success story getting babies..

take care gals n god bless all of us !!

5. plzhelp

plzhelp New IL'ite

How to diagnose Endometriosis

Hi All,

I have been spotting for atlest 2 days before my periods for the last few months. Itz like I just have a streak of red blood on the first day and then I start spotting a little more on the next day and the third day my periods start. I have been charting my BBT and my temperature starts decreasing on the day I spot first and decreases continuously on the next few days.
    I know Endometriosis could be one possible reason for spotting. I would like to know how to diagonose endometriosis.
    I already have PCOS and my gyn doesnt seem bothered about this spotting. Even PCOS, she was able to diagonose after I read about LH-FSH ratio and asked her to do the test.
    One more thing is when should I count as the first day of my period. Should I include this spotting days also??

6. arshina

arshina New IL'ite

Re: How to diagnose Endometriosis

Hi plzhlp
    I was operated for endometriosis 2 years back.the symptoms i had was severe vaginal infections.almost every month i used to be down with thrushes that would go only after a course of anti biotics and flucanazole but it would return soon.even i had similar kind of spotting 2 days before my periods and two days after my periods also i used to have brown discharge.and also severe pain during my periods.

soon after surgery all my problems vanished but sometimes i hav spotting 2 days before my periods.so i think this spotting is not a thing to worry unless you have some other symptoms.if you really want to confirm then get a scan done and clear your doubts.
    The day your spotting starts is the first day of your cycle.

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: How to diagnose Endometriosis

Hi Plzhelp,
    I Hope a scan & measurement of endometrium thickness will give a hint on this. Check up with your for the endo thickness for endometriosis. Don't confuse yourself with symptoms. Meet your gynec & clear your doubts. If your gynec doesn't clear your doubts, think on changing to good one...

8. raghya

raghya New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I am also in the same boat like Anisha...My age is 25,TTC from past 7months.. I recently came to knw i ve ovarian cysts and endometriosis through vaginal ultra sound. my gync said endometriosis and cysts causing infertility and should be removed by Laparoscopy surgery :hide: i am really worried of dis surgery since it comes with some risk factors. .I have cyst both sides where each measuring 4.5cm.. am really confused to go for it or not.
    here my gync said:
    In laparoscopy there might be a risk of possible remove of ovary if its cancerous..:spin , they can do "chromopertubation " (to see if my tubes are open with dye test) and possible laparotomy if dense adhesions found.

my questions are:
    while doing Laparoscopy,will it affect any of my tubes,ovary or uterus?
    can i go for it in US or in India?
    have any of you undergone Laparoscopy in US or India and how did it went on?

plz ladies some one help me out in dis.. these questions are killing me.i need all your support and encouragement gals..

thanks in advance...

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Raghya it is better when you know what is the problem and not like in some cases you do so many tests and not come to the accurate prognosis.

your gynaec is the best judge and she would not have suggested removal unless there was a easier alternative way to this.

It does not affect the other parts unless the doctors discover anything to be removed after they start on the process. Like suppose they see the cysts on the ovaries. don't start t hinking cancerous, most cyst are not malignant, and even then only a biopsy can give the accurate result.

It is just your comfort zone. as for the process, it does not take long to be back on your foot.

I have had 3 of them in chennai..and my story is there after anisha's.. .

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Raghya,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here....

Sorry about your health conditions.
    I have done a laparoscopy, but not for these reasons. Don't get scared on this procedure, it not a big deal. Its not a surgery, its a key hole procedure. You will be left with 2 or 3 small cuts in your body by the end of it. Its out patient procedure. You need to stay a day in the hospital, if needed it may get extended for another day! thats all!
    Your gynec sounds good to me. Its good to solve the problems once spotted. Laparoscopy won't affect the uterus/ovaries/fallopian tubes if done properly. Check whether the doc did lap before, check his/her experience in it! If they are experienced, then its fine!
    Don't confuse yourself much on your doc's words. They just want to make you aware of all possible conditions; so that they can cure it while doing lap. Its not necessary that you will have all these! Be positive.
    Trust GOD. Everything will be fine.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010