What food to avoid when trying to conceive?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by neeruvydehi, Feb 9, 2009.

1. neeruvydehi

neeruvydehi New IL'ite

tips

Hi
    This is Neeru ...........i got married in nov 2007 .Now we are planning for kids ...... i want to know can i eat PAPAYA ? i want to know some tips about pregnancy...........?like what to eat and what to avoid?

thank u
    bye

2. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Re: tips

Hi,

Congratulation for trying to become parents. As i heard don't heat papaya, pineapple, sesame seeds and which ever has more heat on it. Try to eat more fruits and drink lots of water and off course healthy foods. Hope to ear from you a good news.

1 person likes this.
  3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Neeru,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this group. Read the forum etiquette.

Plan your diet healthy. Include lots of vegetables & fruits. If you are over weight, try to reduce it. do regular exercises.
    Don't fix up some limit before which you should conceive. Don't expect the next month will give you good news. Don't get stress. Be positive. Be happy too.

About Papaya, its is heat producing food. I suppose because of this our grand people ask us to avoid these items though it has some other good elements for our health!
    Its up to us to decide! Take care & all the very best to your TTC journey.

4. neeruvydehi

neeruvydehi New IL'ite

hey,
    thanks for the reply......i am having one doubt ...my friend told ma that when u are starting planning for kids....you have to take vitamin's tablets before 2 months onwards.......which vitamin's tablets i have to take.....
    is it neccessary to tkake tablets?
    is there any fruits which i have to avoid? what kind of food i have to take ?

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Neeru,
    Its not compulsion to take the vitamin tablets. There is nothing wrong in taking them. You can have prenatal vitamins before 3 months when your decide to start the family. Specally folic acid supplements are needed.

Fruits you can avoid is mentioned by Geetha.
    Eat healthy items. More protein, less carbohydrate. Take fruits instead of juices. More vegetables & greens. These will help you.

6. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

You can take any over the counter medicine vitamin tablets until you find that you are pregnant.Typically you need 1 milligrams of folic acid once you get pregnant.So it is a good way to start vitamins before hand.You can have apple,grapes,orange and lot of protein foods.

Good luck

7. amoha

amoha New IL'ite

Hello Neeru, I am TTC since Nov 2008 and I am on Prenatal vitamins prescribed by my OB GYN. Better to have a check up conducted by your OB GYN if you really are TTC. She would advise you what vitamins to consume and also about the diet.

From what I know from my mother and elder sister you can eat all fruits and vegetables when you are TTC, and drinking lots of water through out the day (to prevent dehydration) and not missing the nights between your 12th - 17th cycle days (you know what I mean) really helps. I am still trying so can not say much about it. Good luck!

8. neeruvydehi

neeruvydehi New IL'ite

Hey Amoha,
    Thank u so much for clearing my doubts.......... reallly i am very happy
    to join in this site......i will follow the diet as mentioned above..
    once again thank u so much .

bye
    Neeru

9. neeruvydehi

neeruvydehi New IL'ite

Hi Geeta ,
    Thank u so much for u r advice........i will follow the diet as u mentioned above ........once again thanks a lot ....

Bye
    Neeru

10. neeruvydehi

neeruvydehi New IL'ite

Hi

Thank u so much for the valuable advice .....i will follow the diet as mentioned above ......... once again thank u so much for clearing my doubts ......
    Bye