Diet & exercise diary for PCOD

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sankna, Jun 11, 2009.

1. saudamini

saudamini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mankan

Thanks a lot for your recipe. Would sure try it sometime.

Regards
    Saudamini

2. nehavashisht

nehavashisht New IL'ite

Hello All
    I am neha .. I am new to this thread. I have pcod problem.. I have to lost 15 kg.. Plz tell me a proper diet for it and exercise routine for it. I quit very easily so plz friends motivate me...

I am house wife.Plz reply me

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Neha,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

Just check the previous pages of this thread. It will give you some good diet plans.
    Reduce carbohydrate based foods intake. Include more vegetables & fruits. Avoid sugar/sweets. Look out for low GI foods & replace it with high GI foods. These will help you to manage your diet.
    In the mean time be regular with exercise. Do walking at least. Hope you will reduce your weight soon!
    All the best!

4. suji18

suji18 New IL'ite

Hi frnds this is my own diet plan... morn 1 glass water aft brushin breakfast one r two idly r dosa 1 ..lunch one small cup boiled nd starch removed rice wit 2 cups vegetables evening fruits walking for 3 km for dinner 3 chappathi wit sprouts curry...

5. deepikamurari

deepikamurari New IL'ite

Hi All,

This is a very informative thread. After reading so many of members posting their experiences and advices its really motivating & hope i will get pregnant eventhough having PCOS.

I got married b4 6months after marriage we diagonsed that i have PCOS.I am taking metformin daily twice.6kgs weight gained in 3months really feel depressed & after reading this thread surely i plan to try healthy diet plan as weight loss is the key to overcome PCOS.

Here is my diet plan.Kindly rply if anything needs to be changed from this routine.

Morning-Hot water & Lime

Breakfast-2 whole wheat bread/Oats sandwhich & banana

Brunch-Tulsi ginger Tea

Lunch-3 chapathis & veg curry

evening-Green Tea

Dinner-idli/dosa/poha some light dishes.

Exercise-orbitrek 45mins daily.

Seriously TTC hope god vl shower me.

Clarifications Needed:

Rice ,Sweets ,Coffee /Tea needed to be avoided completely?

Chapathi is low in carbohydrates but v should avoid that also na?

Please suggest list of asanas that help to overcome PCOS along with exercise..

Thanks frnds vl keep u post the updates.Feel good to be part of this thread.

6. suji18

suji18 New IL'ite

Hi...frnds I ve pcod...im 24 years nd married.I was 75 kg wen I came to know I ve pcod after 11 months effort im 60 kg now. I haf benforce metformin for 4 months, Myocyst for 4 months nd now apcod for a month still after p
    Hard workout, diet, yoga I reduced my weight but still no postive result.doc adviced to do hsg test and follicular study.im very confused can pcod be cured if we reduce weight y I didnt get still no prob for my husband also.the days are very bad if i get periods..im losin my hope ...

7. suji18

suji18 New IL'ite

Hii frnds im very very happy nd jumping wit joy...last month I did ultrasound scan doctor told I ve no cyst in my ovary:):)

8. suji18

suji18 New IL'ite

coffee must and must should be avoided.. u plss try bottle gourd juice..

9. Manuammu

Manuammu New IL'ite

hi friends ,
    please Add me in your group , my gyn told me that i have pcod ,what is the difference of pcod and pcos ?
    she told me to reduce my weight for 10 kgs and not to eat rice and fruites which is having high sugar content(mango, banana ),from one month am not having rice .

please suggest me some diet planes ...

regards,
    manu

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Include fiber rich fruits and vegetables. They will fill your stomach and will allow you to consume only a little carbohydrates.
    Try 5 small times meal instead of large 3. That too help the body to handle the hormones better.
    Do regular exercises and monitor your weight gain, exercises and food intake.
    All the best.