Diet & exercise diary for PCOD

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sankna, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sankna,
    Every hormone is somehow related with other.
    When i tried to find out ways to control Prolactin naturally, i ended up in finding connection with major hormones that functions human body & stopped my research with it!

Consult your gynec & inquire about this. That would be the best option. They may tell you about the diet or prescribe tablets for it!

2. sadhana11

sadhana11 Senior IL'ite

hi friends...

tis is sadana..join me in ur team....i too have pcos....i weigh...73kg...i need to lose 15 kg....to getmy periods normal...wat juices can we have?

sadhana

3. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sadhana,
    welcome to this thread. I would instead of juices try having fresh fruits and veggies. Since juices would remove all the fibre from them which is also very important for weight reduction.
    -Priya

4. Vasumathy

Yes Sadhana!
    Its true.... Instead of those juices, try fruits & vegetables in raw form!
    All the best to your weight reduction!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  5. sadhana11

sadhana11 Senior IL'ite

hi..

i am now takin orgamed tablet 1 at nite from my 10th day..actually wat is that tablet used for?i mean it helps in wat?my doctor stopped all other pills...i am now in diet tryin to lose weight..

sadhana

6. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

HI SADHANA..
    I THINK your tablet is to boost your ovulation. i ahve not heard of that medicine. but dr's used to say to try from 10th day for next 10days alternatively. so may be for that only...
    any way ood luck to you.. eat healthy.. be happy
    regards
    ani

7. Vasumathy

Hi Sadhana,

Searched through internet & got to know Orgamed is a brand name for medroxyprogesterone. It is progesterone based tablet.

Gynecs used to prescribe progesterone tablets during luteal phase to help in conception. The matured egg needs progesterone during this phase for growth!

Hope this information helps you...
    Baby dust to you....

8. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies,

How is the diet going on.Just wanted to check if you are able to strictly follow the diet.. I tried to stay away from Coffee/Tea , was successful for 2 weeks, but kept getting headaches often - as I have Migraine . Especially when I miss the morning tea , I end up getting constipation.. I was thinking that its all in the mind.. but since body was stuck to this routine for 26 yrs , it may be biological also.

As of now for the diet , I am having small quantities for 5 times in a day, 20-30 Min exercise and trying to avoid sweets. Whatever I am doing my tummy is just not reducing ... its been like this from my 13 yrs of age.. though I reduce weight overall tummy is one part that refuses to reduce.my gyn told its because of the PCO's.

All the best to all..

Regards

9. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

Hi shanka
    i dint know that tehre is connection between pcod nd tummy..

10. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Hi PS ,

This was told by my first Gyn when I met her when I was around 18 or so. My current gyn tells me its due to PCO as well due to my acidity problems. Whatever be the reason , I think doing crunches will be the best way to get rid of the flab . Dh also tells me that I have reduced all over except for the tummy part .