PCOS: Questions, doubts

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Rad

Rad Bronze IL'ite

HI ALL

I read the article on PCOs in this forum...Indeed an informative one..

I have a doubt.....Can the PCOs conceive???? and will each PCO face a problem in conceiving even if there is a minor irregularity in the menstrual cycle (ie) postponed by a week??

Awaiting ur replies

2. Didka

Didka New IL'ite

Re: can u pls clear my doubt?

Women with PCOS can conceive, few months you can track with ultrasound your ovulation if it is fine no reason to worry.:-D

3. Rad

Rad Bronze IL'ite

Re: can u pls clear my doubt?

Thank u very much Didka for ur immediate reply....

4. spri17

spri17 New IL'ite

Ovarian drilling and PCOS: Questions, doubts

Hi

If anyone here had this ovarian drilling surgery,please share your experiences.one of my friend told that her relative become pregnant after doing this surgery.
    Iam having pcos ,so just want to know if any of u had this ....
    regards
    priya

5. margrat

margrat New IL'ite

Is drilling for PCOS is necessary in order to get pregnant?

Hi to everyone.
    Am glad to have found this forum because I feel belonged & supported.
    I am also diagnosed with PCOS abt 2 1/2 yrs back. I was slander all these while and suddenly my cycle was becoming irregular. I did not worry much because the doctor told me its due to great stress which I was. Soon after that I got married & the cycle was going worst. I got dissappointed with doctor's same comments that am under stress. Till one of my friend recommended my current gynea. he is good. I have been seeing him for the past 2 yrs.... Now I have gained 15KGs! Doctor put me under pill for 6 months. After I stopped taking my menstrual also stopped till last month.... And this time it was flowing for 3 weeks. I again went to doc, doc did scanning & blood test. He advised me to go for drilling so that i can plan for pregnancy. Am not sure if its best way. Now I wanna find out more on drilling & what is your advice? Any success stories after drilling? Is there any other practicals other than drilling?
    Since am not having regular cycle, how can I identify if am pregnant?
    What kind of diet i should have to control weight & insulin? I do exercise almost everyday. I hope to hear more & get help.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

6. lakshmisb

lakshmisb New IL'ite

Re: Is drilling for PCOS is necessary in order to get pregnant?

Dear Margret,

Iam sorry I do not know much about what u are talking but can surely say that I had PCOS though not a classic one as docs say if u have more than 5 in a ovary then it is PCOS. I had five in each. But I have got myself cured of this by getting the help from a gynae. She gave me a diet chart and I followed it regularly and today after 9 months I have come down by 15 kgs.

If u are interested I can give u the same.

Better if u can cure urself with food as the saying goes in tamil that food itself is medicine and I have seen it in my case.

Take care
    Lakshmi

7. margrat

margrat New IL'ite

Hi really appreciate your concern & help. I will appreciate if you could give me the diet chart for me to follow.
    My gynea actually told me that i have to go for ovarian drilling where i needle will be inserted thru my stomach and break the eggs. Its a very short & simple surgery to increase fertility to another 30%. Bcos I wish to get pregnant & have baby by next year. But some sources say that this method is not recommended as it is harmful to my ovary & may make situation worst. Am not sure what is best for me to get pregnant. So am gathering more info to decide & to plan. Sometimes when I think abt it, it really sucks my joy & stucked.... I hope to hear from you soon. Once again, thanks a lot for your kindness.

Rgds
    Margrat

8. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Hey ,

I also have PCOS and I have been under treatment for the same for the past 5 years. Before my marriage I wassnt that serious abt this problem.But I realised the importance of having a clear ovary once we decided to have a baby. My Gyno told me that the most important thing to do is to lose weight and have a proper diet which is fat free and full of vegetables & fruits. Dont starve , but just cut on junk and fat food. I am taking Nacfill & B Long F tablets. They have helped me a lot and a recent scan showed that my ovaries are clear from PCOS and I have also lost abt 5 kgs.

Hey remember this can happen anytime when u are having a control on ur weight. And the cysts can come back again. Please refer to some of earlier threads on PCOD .

My suggestion is look for another Gyno. Do not tamper with ur ovaries now.

All the best !!!!

Sankna

9. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Dear Margrat

Me 2 suffering from PCOS, for which my gyn also recommended Drilling.Also, I was also detected with a subserous fibroid, which is outside the uterus(Thank God for that). This is done by laproscopy under local (spine) anaesthecia.Also during this they will also check for tube patency (whether our ovarian tubes are free of any blockages)

This is a absolutely safe proceudre, followed by ladies worldwide, onlywhen done in th hands of a experienced gyn. I was recommended to get this done by Dr.Kurien Joseph, who is a veteran in this field. But my recent ultrasound shows my ovary free of any cysts. I had to consult my gyn again.

To summarise, this is essential to get preg. Get it done by a expereinced gyn.

Regds

Ridge

10. lakshmisb

lakshmisb New IL'ite

Hi margret,

Sorry for the late reply.

The diet chart given by my gynae is as follows as Iam a vegetarian.

Lots of vegetables, no potatoes, yam.
    No rice maida,starch in any form, or any carbo's
    no soya, tofu, tempe etc.
    lots of almonds,
    can take a little of coconut in raw form and not fried etc.
    no fried items, use olive oil while cooking in less quantity.
    lots of exercises like walking, gym, swimming.
    I was very strict with my diet. before I started I was weighing abt 78 kgs and now Iam 64 kgs and relieved of all these problems.

It is a real challenge. I was intially given an option to break this rule for one meal in a week but later I was not allowed that too.

Revert back if u have any other doubts.

By the way I was done a drilling way back in 2002 when I underwent my laprotomy to remove my block in the fallopian tube. It did not help as one or two years later I had pcos when scanned until recently .

Regs
    Lakshmi