Am i fertile?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by want2conceive, Jun 3, 2009.

1. want2conceive

want2conceive Senior IL'ite

Hi dear Indusladies,

Can you all help me with your valuable suggestions and help me in my TTC process. Myself and husband are 27yrs old. We have started to plan for baby for past 2 months. And i somewhat have doubt whether i am fertile? I dont know me thinking like this is right or wrong. I am actually very much confused. Let me give clear picture. We started TTC from Feb'09. But i got severe fever,throat infection due to bad weather in Feb. so i suffered a lot that time for about 2 weeks. I wasnt able to eat properly. again got cold in March for a week. so i would have reduced some weight. Then around mid March i got strecthy egg white cm one evening when i went to loo. I didnt give much thought about it.And we didnt TTC for next 2-3 days. Basically i wasnt much aware that it means i will ovulate the next day. So i missed the chance like a fool to make love the next day. So that March cycle was wasted by me. Then i thought i will use clearblue digital ovulation kit and determine my fertile days. But all my sticks got wasted and never saw a positive result. Not even one day. Then as clearblue was costly i bought cheap "One step ovulation strips" from amazon website. Then in May i used them from my 11th day (my cycle are generally 28-30 average and i get my period everymonth). Still in May also i didnt get any +ve line. Not even a faint line. i followed instructions correctly. checked everyday aroundsame time at 1.30pm. Didnt urinate for 3hrs before checking. Still no use. Then i saw in fetitilty friend about BBT check. So used digital thermometer everyday morning before out of bed. Still the temp didnt go up as done after proper ovulation. In March i very well remember that 2 days after i saw that egg white CM my temp was very high i checked in thermometer. So i didnt feel any such temp changes in April or May.

So i started researching thru net and mostly thru indusladies whether i have any problem with my body. whether i am ovulating or not. I came across PCOS topic. I have always had hair all over my body. I have small mostache also. And also hair near my stomach and legs etc. Then i noticed that i have a big tummy. Then got in to weight reduction process. Somehow i feel that as i had reduced my weight during Feb due to cold and fever it would have helped me ovulate in March. so i tried to diet. Couldnt do after 3days. So started walking daily for 30-40mns. And i am checking what i eat. Dont stuff like before. Just eat little little. Big mistake i have done these days is. During afternoons i eat stomach full and watch TV and as i get bored watching TV i used to sleep for 2hrs. So like a fool i have spoiled my health i think :-(. Now i dont know what to do. I got my period this month in 31days. Generally it wont take more than 29-30 days. My husband said that as you all of a sudden do all such exercise and trouble your body thats why its late. he is always very supportive of me but worried i shouldnt spoil my health and worry too much. my height is 161.5cms(53.5) and weight is 64kgs.

This month i have started checking my BBT using digital thermometer from day 1 of my period. i dont know whether i will ovulate. I am just inputting my temps in fertilityfriend website. Is it good. Will it tell i ovulated or not. Will it tell on the day or the next day of ovulation?

2. kites

kites New IL'ite

Hi want to conceive,

We are in the same boat, except u just started trying and i am trying since last 1 year, i also have almost regular cyles 30 days (mostly 28-31 days ) i started BBT charting in October last year and with charts i was sure i am ovulating everymonth.
    Fertility friend showed i ovulate around day 17 of my cycle (in a 29 days cycle) so as per calculation my luteal phase was only 12 days and so 2 days less than the normal 14 days hence i assumed the short luteal phase is preventing me to be pregnant and tried mostly around days 17.

Then in Jan i brought the first OPK and started on 13th day as i expected to ovulate on 17th and all tests came negative, the next time i started testing straightway at the end of periods and got positive on 12th day and i ovulated on 13th and tht cycle was 28 days, so its clear that i have LP of 15 days and fertility friend was showing me wrong ovulation dates.

After using OPKs for 3 months now i am very sure when i ovulate without using any OPKs and by just noting my body changes ( watery (not eggwhite discharge one day before ovulation ) stomch ache on any one side on ovulation day..i would suggest you to look for these signs..may be it can help you.

Also, dont delay seeing a doctor, in case if you are not ovulating, clomid will help you to be pregnant.

Dont be tense and try to relax and lord will definitely bless all of us with health babies.

Kites

3. want2conceive

Hi Kites,

Thanks for your immd. reply. Good to know that you are ovulating every month. But i dont know whether i ovulate properly at all. Before Feb i never thought anything about my body. Just noted that i get my period every month. I never checked whether i am ovulating at all. From March only i am checking. And somewhat feel that is there any problem? This month i got my periods on June 1st. So I am tracking my BBT and inputting in fertilityfriend from this month only.And all 3 days including today is same temperature 97.7. If you dont mind can you tell me how your temperatures differs during mensus, pre and post ovulation? Also i have a doubt that how to conform that we have ovulated by checking BBT. All websites say that minimum of a temp rise of 0.4 F is needed to confirm ovulation. Is this true or anything lesser than 0.4 is possible?

Also, did you use digital OPK or OPK strips? I dont know which one is best.

4. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    If you are getting positive with the ovulation strips that means tht ur not ovulating. I would suggest that u meet with ur gynec and talk to her so that she can give u something like clomid which could induce ovulation.
    good luck with ur ttc.
    -priya

5. kites

kites New IL'ite

Hi wanttoconceive...

About my BBT charting, i aslo use fertility friend, and my pre-O temp are 97.0-97.8 and my post ovulatory temp are in the range of 97.8 to 98.6. During the post-O phase my temp generally peaks around the 7th and 8th day and then starts to decline but it starts touching coverline by the time of periods and some times it stays high during periods and then goes reaches back to minimum 97.0 something by the 3rd or 4th day of periods

For ovulation to be detected on the FF, if your 3 continuous temp are higher than the previous day by 0.4 degree farenheit then FF will automaitically draw a red coverline and ovulation day will be detected but by the time it is fugured out , ovulation is already over so be careful and start planning in advance. Please let me know if you want to know more about BBT charting.

REgarding the ovulation strips, i prefer strips over the digital ones, reason cheaper and more accurate in my case.

Kites....

6. vanvas

vanvas New IL'ite

HI guys

According to my experience BBt is best and cheap meathod. If possible find and print a BBT chart for each month. Immediately after getting up take your body temp and mark in chart. During ovulation your body temp will rise you can see differece in chart and after ovulation sudden drop in body temp. hope this helps

7. want2conceive

Hi hydgrr and kites.. thanks for your replies.

hydgrr, can you tell me whether clomid is given to PCOS or any infertile person? Does it mean any problem with the person? Also as i had my ovulation in March (am very clear due to cm and temp),does it mean that i had ovulated only bcoz of the various medications i took for my fever in Feb? Or is it because of weightloss. I have started walking these days hoping will do good for me.

kites, so does the FF tell about ovulation only after its happened? also do you take temp only at same time every morning, or can it be 10mins earlier or later?

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Want2Conceive...
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. You can find our forum guidelines here....

From your height & weight you seem to be in ideal range. Try to maintain it or reduce 2 or 3Kgs... Thats sufficient!

About your ovulation: chart BBT, try OPKs or try to track your cervical mucus. First two methods will need lots of patience & stress free life to tell your the proper answer! Relax & try these. You will get get good results...

Instead of getting confused with PCOS is present or not, consult a gynec. A doctor only can clearly say whether you have PCOS or not with blood reports & a scan. Till that time, don't get tensed up. Relax! Since you have regular cycles, severity with PCOS(if you have!) will be less!

Clomid will help in follicle growth. It is not meant only for PCOS. When we have infertility above 6 months, gynec will prescribe these tablets to help growth in follicle & so on!!!

Try for 6 months & then consult a gynec. Lots of TTC people got succeeded when they relaxed them self from stress & lead their life happily. Cheer up. Eat healthy.
    Baby dust to you....

9. want2conceive

Hi Vasumathy.. thanks for your reply. Infact i was expecting your reply also as i've seen your replies in many such queries which is very nice.

Yes as you say, i need to maintain cool.I am a big tension party. I confuse myself a lot in this matter as i like children a lot. As both April, May didnt show any +ve opk results i am tensed. My husband is worried that i shouldnt spoil my health thinking too much about this.

These days i always have this question going in my mind "Am i fertile? Is everything fine with me?"

Does stress and thinking too much about this will reflect in BBT and OPK results is it? i never knew it.

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Want2Conceive,
    Thanks to your credits...

Yes stress will affect TTC journey. It will lengthen your journey. Will not help in shortening it in any way!

I know many ladies got succeeded in TTC test after leading a stress-free life.
    Stopping expectations at the end results & stop on tracking pregnancy symptoms will help a lot in de-stressing process!

Certain times BBT tracking & OPKs also gives little stress. Try not to bring all these to brain to trouble you more! Relax!

Relax & try for few months. Then visit a gynec. Hope things will click before meeting a gynec!
    Baby dust to you...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009