IUI or IVF

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by hoping4best, May 19, 2009.

1. hoping4best

hoping4best New IL'ite

hi
    another tough decision to make regarding TCC. both Laparoscopy and HSG show that my left tube is blocked.:rant. my husbands semen analysis is also on boder line. as per my doctor with every thing perfect success rate of IUI is 20% in our case its 6-7% only. now here come my list of questions:coffee
    for IUI my doctor has given me Ceropphene 50mg 4 tablets daily two in morning and two in evening.I pray i get the follicies in the ovary which has tube open for it aswell. i read on net that few other mediciens are also prescribed for IUI. those of you who have undergone IUI can you share which mediciens you toook and when.

Secondly if God forbid my IUI fails can i go for IVF the very next month or i will have to wait a couple of months for the effects of stimulation drugs to wear off and then start taking birth control pills. those of you who has gone from IUI to IVF how did you make the transaction.:spin

Finally still canot decide if i should do for IVF straight instead of waisting time and money on IUI with only 7% chance.Am 29 years old .so many if and but and hopes and dream, time and money at stake, canot think properly for myself.
    appreciating your support a lot

2. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear friend,

I hope your hopes will end in a good result.I know of many girls conceived with border line semen report....Try to be positive and try two to three rounds of IUI as per your doctor's advice..

Remember IVF is physically and mentally painful and its expensive too.

You will never know the reult of your IUI....It will be good.We will then think about IVF...

Sending lots of baby dust...

3. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

Hi
    hope you will reach ur goal soon. I prefer you try few iui and then go for ivf. As mentioned above its painful and expencive. Dr's says that u can try up to 6 iui.
    Hope things will be alright soon.
    We all will pray for u.
    Keep trust in god.
    Be happy
    regards
    ani

4. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

I would second with Raji and Ani on this matter. Its better to go for a couple rounds of IUI rather than IVF directly.
    Also your age is not more so you can definitely try couple rounds of IUI before IVF.
    -priya

5. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

Absolutely :iagree with RG, Ani and priya...it is better to go stage-wise and IUI comes prior to IVF..if results are yielded through IUI, then why think of latter...for some, it clicks with 1st attempt, for some later ones...

Be positive and think of IVF as last resort only...:thumbsup ALL THE BEST and lots of baby dust to you....

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  6. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Dont go for IVF until and unless you have not gotten pregnant after 6 rounds of IUI.

I had an IUI after ovulation induction with injectibles (clomid did not work for me). My husband had borderline sperm and the doc gave us very little hope for pregnancy on the IUi since the total sperm count was lower than needed (they wanted atleast 10 million, we had 5 million). But god is great and I got pregnant on the first IUI itself and we have a naughty 9 month old son now.

For an IUI to be successful you need to take prenatal vitamins, a good dha/fish oil supplement and eat lots of protein and less carbs. eat lots of nuts and fruits, do deep breathing excercises and visualize positive pregnancy thoughts. continue doing this till 10 days after your iui. your body needs the protein to make conception happen. atleast 75 gms of protein per day is needed. eat lots of nuts, seeds such as sunflower and pumpkin , fresh fruits and veggies as well as small amount of eggs, dairy and chicken.

Most important of all, take complete bed rest for 4-5 days after the iui so that your body can concentrate its energies on getting pregnant. after 5 days, only light house work and walking, no strenuous activities at all.

good luck. go for the iui and I am sure things will work out for you.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  7. hoping4best

hoping4best New IL'ite

big warm and strong hig for you all till you scream at me to let you go :).its strange how just few lines can boost up ones confidence. thank you very much
    lots of prayers for all

8. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

These are very useful tips and confidence booster Pooja!

Thanks for being there everytime!:thumbsup