Need info about Hysteroscopy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by aneesbasha, Mar 24, 2009.

1. aneesbasha

aneesbasha Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Im married for 7yrs and TTC for past 3yrs. Took many treatments in Chennai and in dubai. Recently, I went for consultation with a Dr in dubai, he reviewed my past report and scanned my uterus and mentioned that im having PCOS. And he also want to do Hysteroscopy which was missed when i I had laproscopy last year jan.
    Hysteroscopy treatment is also similar to laproscopy, like need to be in-patient, will they give anesthesia, how long should I need to take rest (b'coz im working),etc....
    If anyone has any idea about hysteroscopy please share with me.

2. Destinyschild

Destinyschild New IL'ite

I had hysteroscopy done, but the context was different. It was a D&C a...
    I do not know if u trying 2 say the same. In hysteroscopy a pen like device will b inserted for the surgeon to have a look into wht is inside...
    The reason said was the surgery will be guided so tht the surgeon will not (in my case) have left-overs - they dont miss anything... Will b able to remove everything inside... Anaesthesia is given... Asked to rest 4 jus 1 day, thts becos of anaesthesia... Not sure of the treatment prescribed 4 u...

3. aneesbasha

aneesbasha Senior IL'ite

Thanks Destinyschild for your information.
    Im TTC and dr need to check the walls of my uterus, b'coz 6 yrs back, I did D&C which was not done properly. So my dr wants to go for hysteroscopy.

4. Destinyschild

Destinyschild New IL'ite

Aneesha may b tht s y the doc wants a hysteroscopy done, so tht he does not miss something... All the best... there is nothing 2 worry!!!