Question about Ovulation prediction kit

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Ammukutty, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Does anyone know where i can buy ovulation strips in US.Is it available at local pharmacies like Eckerd,CVS or walgreens or only available online..can anyone suggest brandname also

regards,
    ammukutty

2. coolcool

coolcool New IL'ite

Re: Ovulation Strips

I used "Clearblue" easy ovulation test. It says 99% accurate. and also claims it tells you the two best days to conceive your baby.
    It is a #1 rated brand. I bought a 7 tests kit.
    I bought it in Wal-mart. U may get it in any pharmacy in US.

2 people like this.
  3. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

hi coolcool,
    thanks for the information...it was really useful

luv,
    ammukutty

4. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

U can get it from any pharmacy, i got from CVS - 1step ovulation prediction kit, which had 7 strips and it indicates us the ovulation time 24 to 48 hrs prior ovulation which helps in conception. I think any brand is good.

5. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends

I have PCOS and my dr as my periods was eratic for 5 months last visit gave me Clomid and progestrone to regualrise. But when ir ead abt clomid in its leaflet its ifs and buts were shocking . So for next 2 months we are planning to try using Ovulation predictor kit.
    Please can anyone explain me how it works. Do it predict prior to my Ovulation.

6. Mahi

Mahi Guest

Ovulation test kit- Help

Hi,

I was not aware of the ovualtion theory. But when got to know that egg stays only for 24 Hrs I am pretty serious in knowing my ovulation date.
    I want to use ovualtion test kit. Is it available in India? From where should I get? What should i ask in the counter?

Love,
    Mahi

7. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Re: ovulation test kit- Help

Hi Mahi

Ask for LH surge kit in the pharmacy or u can even ask as ovulation kit they will give it is unlike pregnancy test kit.

8. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    Can somebody pls tell how this kit works? I mean is it the same urine test which is done in the pregnancy test kit? Is this really accurate and helpful? Is it good for the ladies like me who do not have regular period cycle (mine varies from 30 to 35 days)

9. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

In addition to my prev question, can you pls also tell me if we get those in India too?

10. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Ovulation test kits such as clearblue are expensive - at costco you pay around 20 bucks for 7 tests.

I order lh testing strips from a website called early-pregnancy-tests.com - you pay 17 dollars for 25 test strips, including shipping.

Ovulation Test Strips 25 Pack - OPKs On Sale!

The key to successful lh testing is 2-fold.

1. test at the same time each day. The hormone called LH is created around 3-5 am in the morning and will not show up in your urine until after 11am. So test somewhere between 11am and 2pm.

Any earlier than 11am you may get a false-negative. Any later than 2pm, you may get a false positive.

2. Dont drink too much liquids in the morning as this may dilute your results.
    I try to avoid peeing too many times between the time I get up and do the lh test.

The test instructions say that the test is invalid after 15 minutes. This is not true. I had a hard time distinguising between a positive and negative result when the test line was close in color to the control line. So I started saving my test strips and dating them. Then, if I put them all in a line, I could figure out which day had the darkest result!

In my case, I generally ovulated the day after my lh test turned positive and my waking temparature would rise by 0.3-0.5 degrees farenheit 48 hours after my lh test turned positive confirming that ovulation had actually occurred.

If the waking temperature does not rise by atleast 0.3 farenheit after your lh test turns positive, then you have not really ovulated. If this happens too many times, it means your body is trying to ovulate but it's not able to do so. Time to see the doctor!

Hope this helps!