Cervical mucus to track Ovulation

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by neeruvydehi, Feb 17, 2009.

1. neeruvydehi

neeruvydehi New IL'ite

Dear All,

I m having one doubt about Ovaluation..... is it neccessary to have doctor preception to buy Ovaluation Kit in market? i am having white discharge for 2 or 3 days in my 28 days period cycle... is thaat indication for Ovaluation?

Thanks in advance
    Neeraja

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

well i dont find ovulation kit is necessary.... it simply adds to the anxiety.But then different people think differently.
    The white discharge could certainly be a sign of you nearing ovulation, but then it depends on what kind of white discharge.
    Rather I would suggest you to try frequently between 11-17th day of your periodic cycle, to rule out any miscalculations.
    Changes in Cervical Mucus: Look and Feel of CM During Your Cycle

please go through this.
    But I personally found it very taxing keeping a track of cervical mucus and bbt.
    instead just relax and try the whole fertile week

love
    Poonam

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Neeraja,
    Its good to have perfect 28 day cycle.

Ovulation kits are not compulsory, but they will help you to track your Ovulation. I don't think you will need prescription for it!

About white discharge: learn about relationship between cervical mucus & ovulation. You will understand better.

4. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

hi neeraja, i agree with vasumathy
    you try this websites you learn more about ovulation & you make your own oyulation calender.
    www.babyhopes.com

5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

You don't need a doctor prescription for ovulation kits.You can buy it on the stores or online.

Probably you can try randomly for 3 months say anyway between 11-18 days.

6. minip

minip New IL'ite

is cervical mucus method accurate ?

hi friends,

as i am not able to find ovulation strips in chennai can i depend on cervical mucus to determine ovulation time? my period varied from 27 to 31 days

those who have used ovulation strips to determine their ovulation could you please tell me that change to egg white streching is an indication of ovulation or is it not accurate?

please advise

mini

7. Vasumathy

Re: is cervical mucus method accurate ?

HI Mini,
    Yes here Follicular study will be done mostly to know the Ovulation!

One can trust Cervical Mucus(CM) provided you are not stressed out much. With stress CM tend to reduce & difficult to predict ovulation!

With your cycles you can try IC from 12 to 16th!
    Baby dust to you...

8. minip

minip New IL'ite

hi vasumathy ,

thankyou for your quick response.

i was confused because last month my periods was on 27 th july .it was a 31 day cycle.but i saw cervical mucus with egg white constituency on 13th day morning .can ovulation happen before 14 th day with more than 28 day cycle ?

so i got this doubt.

mini

9. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Hi Mini,

It goes like this...
    The period from the time you ovulated to when you get your periods is called the Leutal Phase. For an average woman, the Leutal Phase is normally 14 days. However, it can extend or shorten too depending on your body constitution. A Leutal phase of less than 10 days is not a healthy sign and needs medical intervention.
    You can find you Leutal phase length by charting your basal body temperature(Im sure you will get the thermometer in India).
    Also, I think you should be able to order ovulation strips online from ovusponse.com. Have seen a few IL's say they did that.
    But if you want to avoid all the stress that accompanies all these, best way is to have IC every alternate day from day 10 to 20...If you have pretty regular cycles, this should definitely work.
    Good luck!!

Cheers,
    Ramya

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  10. Vasumathy

Hi Mini, As Ramya said, Leuteal phase defines it.... Few have 12, few have 14 few women has little more. Its depends on our body... 13th day can be a ovulation day for a 28day cycle... Baby dust to you..