Planing to Concieve

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by meenal80pune, Oct 4, 2008.

1. meenal80pune

meenal80pune New IL'ite

trying to concieve for 1 year

Hi im married for past 2 years. Ive been trying to conceive for past one year. Can anyone tell me which are the most fertile days for conception and how to calculate it. Please advice....

thanks in advance
    meenal

2. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  3. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

4. godgift

godgift New IL'ite

How to improve the chance of conceiving?

Hi all,

I started this thread so that its helpful for all the gals who are actively trying for a baby.. I want you to share your knowledge of what needs to be done to conceive faster, whats active sex and how many times do we need to do sex for a baby etc. I know you guys might think these are basic questions, but I know there are a lot of people in the world who dont know the right ways of trying for a baby. I hope you all with cooperate and take time to add your valuable comments.

Tahnks
    Godgift

5. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Re: How to improve the chance of conceiving?

Hey godgift,
    Your idea is very good. Here are some points I think are important.

The key to getting pregnant is to stay calm and not stress out...this is "THE MOST" important thing. If you are under stress then it will mess up your cycle and if DH is under stress then he will not be able to perform..So remember "NO STRESS" for either of you. Other than that

1: Use OPK (ovulation predictor kits). This will help a lot to know when you are ovulating. To predict ovulation is the primary thing. You need to have sex during/before ovulation to increase your chances of getting pregnant.

2: Instead of using OPK, some people chart their temperatures using a basal body themometer(BBT). Even this helps in predicting ovulation.

3: The reason for using OPK/BBT is to predict ovulation. One needs to have sex before and during ovulation. Having sex before and during ovulation increases your chance of getting pregnant.

4: Eat healthy foods. Lots of veggies and fruits.

5: Do take a prenatal vitamin. Doctors suggest that a women should start taking prenatal vitamins atleast 3 months before they try to conceive. This will help in taking care of necessary vitamins and folic acid that your body needs and which you cannot get from the food we eat. Most of the prenatal vitamins are available over the counter. If you are going to see a doctor for a pre-conception appointment then ask your doc to give a prescription for a prenatal vitamin

6: OPK and BBT will be stressful for some people. but the key is to stay calm and not stress about it..Have fun and enjoy sex!

6. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

Please help TTC:(

Hi ILites,

I am married for 3.5 yrs and still no baby..
    statted with GYNE 2 yrs back, 5 cycles of clomid no gain,then HSG everthying is fine...
    I forgot to mention that my hussbands test came out good..
    Then moved from gyne to reproductivity...
    Tried IUI but no good,now the doc sugest laproscopy after 2 more IUI
    and then IVF,I am now 28 and so much depressed everytime..
    what should I do now?
    Please advice....

7. Riya007

Riya007 Senior IL'ite

Re: Please help TTC:(

Hi Smartgrl,

Please dont be depressed as anxiety and depression causes hormonal imbalance and that also may be playing a role in inability to conceive. You are only 28 still so you still have age on your side. I dont know what else you can do, but just would like to say 'keep trying'. Maybe you and hubby can go off on a nice holiday. they say that sometimes if you have stressful lives, going away on a holiday helps in ttc as you are far away from the stress and tensions of daily working life.

I will pray for you that you are blessed with a baby soon.

Sending lots of hugs to you (((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Love, Riya

8. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

Thankyou Riya... for your prayers and words of encouragment..
    Sure we have been thinking about a vacation too:)

9. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Dear smartgrl,
    Don't worry...Stress plays a major role...Just relax and go for a vacation. Sometimes "trying not to TTC" also helps...I am older to you and still needs to be blessed!!
    Age is on your side and am sure god will definitely bless you soon..
    Keep praying and relax
    Good luck!

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Smartgrl,

Stress is the worst enemy to TTC.... Try to divert ur mind in something....
    As there are no medical problems with both of u, it all matter of time. Wait for the good time. Pray to GOD, take a good care of ur health... GOD will bless u with beautiful kid soon...