Karuvalacheri amman temple turmeric - a query about it

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by hemadurga, Jan 20, 2009.

1. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    Can u tell me of there is any time limit for finishing the turmeric given at karuvalarcheri amman temple. Did the priest over there mention that all 7 pods should be completed within 6-7 weeks ?

He did not say anything of that sort... but one lady told as I have written above...

posted this query in an old thread started by vmur - "prayers I offered to beget my children", but did not get any reply...

saras, other, pls reply...

2. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Hema,

Sorry i missed that post.

I was told that we need to finish the turmeric pods(7) fully. (use it till the end, till they get over), even if u conceive.
    Turmeric is auspicous so no harm in using it. Do not leave them. Complete it till u finish it.

I was told do like that.

All the best:thumbsup

Warm regards
    Saras

3. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

dear Saras,
    I know u will surely answer this post !!! that's put ur name in it :)

ok will finish the turmeric fully, but do we need to hurry up and complete it within 7 weeks - means weekly rub rub rub rub rub ..... a turmeric and complete it ???

one pod is there with me since almost a month... that is why I am asking...

4. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Hema,

:hiyaNo need to hurry up.

Take your time. The time 7 weeks may be given or told to you as the ladies generally apply the turmeric for the whole body, so it gets over quickly.

But nowadays we generally apply (just touch, may be i am only me like that...) so it takes more time to get over.

I am still onto 1st pod.

As i told you the priest told to apply turmeric, when asked how long?? he said till u concieve and if gets over he said come and pray, collect from the temple again.

But he said people will definitely concieve.
    And just pray her.

Om Shakti Karuvalercheri Akilandeshwariyaya namaha!

:thumbsup
    Warm Regards
    Saras

I know u will surely answer this post !!! that's put ur name in it :)

ok will finish the turmeric fully, but do we need to hurry up and complete it within 7 weeks - means weekly rub rub rub rub rub ..... a turmeric and complete it ???

one pod is there with me since almost a month... that is why I am asking...[/quote]

5. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Hi Saras and Hema,

What i was told by the priest was to use one pod for one month ( sometimes for me it comes till 45days also ) He told within finishing 3pods most of them will conceive. Im now using the 4thpod and yet to be blessed. Hopefully i will also be blessed soon by the Goddess.

Regards,
    Prems

6. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

hi saras and prem,
    i could not take the suspense anymore.. so called the pujari's house and asked about the time limit. The lady told one can use it for as long no need to hurry up...

prem, u still have turmeric left, so keep the hope and pray earnestly...
    Praise to the Goddess Karuvalarcheri Akhilandeshwari amman...

7. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hema & Prems,

I also heard the same about the turmeric as i told in my earlier post.
    The priest said do not keep time frame or any doubts in mind.
    Just apply and pray for the goddess Akilandeshwari amman and the desire will be full filled.
    So lovely ladies keep applying till u finish off the turmeric pods. It would be good if you also apply for mangalyam(or mangalasuthram or thali).
    I was told like that.
    By her divine grace our prayers will be definitely answered.

Om Shakti Karuvalercheri Akilandeshwariyaya namaha.

Warm regards
    Saras

8. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

hey wonderful to be mom's

my mother i sthe most sincere person in this world .My mother after i go married wenta nd gotme everything from the temple and told me followintrsuctions. I Did not follow her instructions.it has been ver a year nad is lying in my pooja room ( atleast i did that) .I started using on epod some weeks back and once i got my period and forgot to use it after my period were done.

Now what shoudl i do?

9. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

Turmeric from garbharakshambigai

hey wonderful to be mom's

my mother is the most sincere person in this world .My mother after i got married went and got me everything from the temple and told me followintrsuctions. I Did not follow her instructions.it has been ver a year and is lying in my pooja room ( atleast i did that) .I started using on epod some weeks back and once i got my period and forgot to use it after my period were done.

Now what shoudl i do?

10. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

Re: Turmeric from garbharakshambigai

mitsviki,
    i do not know anything about garbarakshambigai turmeric as I did not get anything like that from the temple... but wrto karuvalarcheri amman turmeric, the priest said not to take it with us when we go on holiday as other might use it... after we come back from holiday, can start using it again...