Home Remedies for Low Sperm Count

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by simply_doubtful, Oct 25, 2008.

1. PreethiPraveen

PreethiPraveen New IL'ite

Re: How to increase sperm count?

sorry aishu..............accidently changed ur name........

2. want2conceive

want2conceive Senior IL'ite

Hi Aishu,

I did little browsing for you and found these info. Its mostly regarding food as food & stress plays major role in sex life.

Foods to increase sperm count also include raw sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Researchers also favor that these foods have shown to boost male libido and also to enhance the male sex hormones. It is advised that a man suffering from a low sperm count should consume 1/4th cup of raw sunflower or pumpkin seeds on daily basis as food to increase sperm count naturally.

Also, eating a diet including the whole and unprocessed foods to increase sperm count is very beneficial and hence advised by sexologists. The best foods to increase sperm count and also to achieve the best health include whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fresh fruit juice, dry fruits, nuts, and seeds.

According to Ayurveda, foods to increase sperm count include Shatavari, Indian gooseberry (amalaki), onions, garlic, lady finger, bottle gourd, brinjal etc. They all possess properties to increase the shukra dhatu (the semen) naturally.

There are several dietary measures that a man who has a low sperm count can take to attempt to increase his sperm count, including:

- Eat a diet that includes whole, unprocessed foods. The best foods for health in general, and also for sperm count problems, are whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds.

- Eliminate alcohol intake. In addition to the general nutritional benefits of avoiding alcohol, avoiding alcohol may also assist with sexual performance issues.

- Identify and avoid food allergies.

- Raw sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds have been shown to help with male fertility. It is recommended that a man with a low sperm count eat 1/4 cup of raw sunflower or pumpkin seeds each day.

- Drink at least 48 ounces of water every day.

- When possible, try to eat organic foods. Some studies suggest a connection between chemical fertilizers and pesticides with both male and female infertility.

As you can see, many of these dietary changes are not only useful in increasing sperm count, many of them just make nutritional sense as well!

There are also a variety of vitamin supplements that may assist with low sperm count. They include:

- Vitamin C

- Vitamin E

- Vitamin B12 Selenium

- Zinc Arginine

- Carnitine

Other important lifestyle changes can also help increase sperm count, such as:

- Exercise. Regular exercise will help reduce stress, but be careful. Excessive exercise can cause harm, as can certain exercises that may negatively impact the testicles, such as bicycling.

- Ejaculating less often. The more often a man ejaculates, the less dense the semen will be. Maintain a gap of three days between ejaculations.

- Refrain from smoking.

- Massage body with herbal oil, which may improve blood circulation.

- Have sex in the early morning or afternoon. It is believed that sperm levels are often highest in the morning.

- Avoid tight <NOBR style="FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_13_0>underwear[​IMG]</NOBR>, saunas, and whirlpools, all of which may increase the temperature of the testicles.

Also i would ask you both to have Almonds. It tastes good and have read that it helps both men and women to boost fertility. Hope above info helps. Cheer up girl. I've seen many people have kids with even more complex fertility issues. You will get a healthy baby soon :thumbsup.

2 people like this.
  3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aishu,
    Since sperm motility is good, don't worry. If its very low only there are problem....
    Ask him to cold shower whenever he can & make the body cool.

Since you did continous IC, sperm count & quantity will appear small. Does you gynec asked for repeated SA after some time? Then that will clear your confusion....

This topic was in discussion before months & there was some suggestions in it. Try finding it if you can search!
    Take care...

4. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

hai preethi
    thanks for your reply i have seen that post , from yesterday he started to take honey at night
    praying everything should go good

5. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

hai w2c
    thanks for spending your time to help me out i can see lot of informations from your post i will try to bring everything in, but i dont know where can i find sunflower seeds or pumkin seeds, but my gyne has prescribed him wellman capsules which contains
    Vitamin C

- Vitamin E

- Vitamin B12 Selenium

- Zinc Arginine

- Carnitine and lot of vitamin supplements. i think that will help him

thanks for your reply

6. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

hai vasu,
    thanks for your reply , even my gyne told me the same thing that man with even low count then my dh itself can give a baby if the mobility is good. thats the only good thing i can feel. anyway try to find the previous post if you can so that will be useful for me.

7. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

hi aishu..
    sorry to know about the sperm count.
    there is a tablet called CoQ10 and ADAM. both are good for sperm count. and aslo ask your dh to avoid heat producing foods like chicken.
    drum stick is also good for sprem count. dates are good.
    dont worry things will be ok very soon
    baby dust to you
    ani

8. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

hai Ani
    thanks for replying, we both are veg so no problem of chicken. thanks for your tips at present its not a drumstick season here but he is taking drumstick leaves. hope everything will be alright soon
    thank you

9. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Re: Not conceiving from last 3 months....

Hi Aish,

To increase sperm count - soak Almonds in water overnight and ask your Dh to eat in the morning. Also, drinking milk daily is best. Eating pomegranate fruit or drinking juice is best

Ask him to AVOID BLACK PEPPER(this will lower the sperm count).

Dont worry. Ask him to follow good diet and he will be okay soon dear !

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  10. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

Re: Not conceiving from last 3 months....

hai Ani
    looking for you only cant see for past 2 days, anyhow Almonds means badam right can you also tell me much of that should he have to take