Treatment for tube block!!!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Vasumathy, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ppl,

I have block in my right fallopian tube. Planning to take treatment for it in some time.
    Can any one know what is the treatment to cure it? If so, guide me...

Thanks in advance!!!

2. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

hi vasu,
    i don't know exactly what would be the treatment but i have heard from a friend that they either try to clear the blockage(if it is small) by a HSG or they cut it, but again don't know how far it is true.please consult aadhusmom vanmathi in IL as she might have a better idea of what the procedure is. She is a pediatrician but i am sure she might be able to help you.good luck.

how r things with u?

regards,
    sreelata.s

3. vidhkarthik

vidhkarthik Bronze IL'ite

Now that they know what the problem is - its easier vasu. They know that the right tube is blocked. If you decide on IUI, they can check your tubes by u/s to see where the follicles growth are high. If in a particular month your left side follicular growth is more, then they can choose to perform the iui that month with very high chances of sucess.

Normally eggs release in alternate sides every month.

4. Vasumathy

Hi Srilata,

Thanks for ur info. I am not decided to do the treatment now itself whatever it is. i am taking my well deserved break(2 months!!! :)) from treatments & gynec visits. In this period, i am trying naturally. I am not even looking after my ovulation!!!(more relaxed from stress, expectations, tension!!!) Then i will try 2 months with medication & still i couldn't succeed, i will go for tube block treatments. Before that if i am able to get some information, that will be helpful to proceed even after my break.

I will try to get a chat with Vanmathi(aadhusmom) soon.

Thank u so much!!!

5. Vasumathy

Hi Vidya,
    Actually i know my tube is blocked after 1 yr of marriage(More than 5 months now!!). Also i have PCOS, high level of prolactin. Now i am in treatment for the last 2 through tablets. GOD knows what else is there now!!!

For the last 6 months i hv gone for U/S for follicular study(4 to 5 days i hv undergone U/S in each cycle) & know the dominant follicle. then proceed the treatment. Only once i had right side, all other times induced growth in both side Ovaries!! Still no success. I am a working woman & i am not fully happy in home due to in-laws(SIL's) presence around me almost 24X7. Everything bugs me. more stressed... Don't worry on it. Trying not to worry coz of their presence which may make me little stressed!!!

I have no plans to proceed to IUI. My hubby asks me to go for IUI. I couldn't make my mind to do these.... Let me see & go to it sometime latter!!! Anyway thanks for ur info!!!

6. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Hello Vasu,

I have heard something called as tubal canalization procedure which can unblock the tubes. Go and ask some good RE in and around ur area for the same.

Actually I can totally relate with you as even I am working woman and have my MIL at home 24X7.. We have not disclosed our fertility problems with her..so each and every time we need to come for a check up, its a problem for us.. still I feel its better this way as she would comment too much if she is aware of problems..
    So don't worry you are not alone here...

I would also urge you to go for a IUI as it increases the chance of conception by atleast 20%... All the best yaar :thumbsup

7. Vasumathy

Thanks Malar. All the best to u dear(escape 4m MIL & succeed in TTC).

Actually my MIL & SIL's know my fertility problems. No hide & seek. But trouble is no one around me to accompany in going to check-ups, etc. Anyway leave it.

When i meet my gynec next time, i will question her abt tube canalization.

IUI.... I will prepare my mind first for it. its not ready to take any medical procedures in front of so many ppl!! From my birth i don't remember being brought to a doctor for any checkups or fever. Taking tablets for any illness also not in history... After marriage only i am into gynec visits(On compulsion & torture by ppl's question on TTC)!!! So bit scared to meet gynec itself(actually hate it very much, always wants to avoid). With these what can i do? It ll take time to accept medical procedures mentally.
    These words may seem like i am behaving like a kid. But i am grown up like this. My hubby even scolds me for these, when i am pregnant, so many ppl will me around me during delivery. GOD only knows what i will do!!! Don't think i am a child too, i am bold enough to face problems & ready to take challenges... Only these sucks me!!!

Sorry for all these (beyond topic)!!!!
    Thanks for hearing me!!!

8. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Its OK Vasu... Just vent it out here.. We are here after all to share these everyday issues...

No way u look or talk like child.. its very normal to think why I need to go to doctor or a procedure like IUI to achieve something which most of ppl around achieve in the home.. hmm I always think that whenever I need to meet a doctor for fertility issues.. But then we need to face reality one day.. Don't u think we can appreciate sthing better if we really strive hard to achieve it...

9. vidhkarthik

vidhkarthik Bronze IL'ite

Vasu...frankly IL's/Parents need not know about IUI's unless its totally unavoidable. What is the need to tell them this? They want us to have a kid and thats what we are going to have. Many of my friends here who have done IUI/IVF havent informed their IL/Parents. Think about it - I dont think they need to know. This will just complicate issues.

10. Vasumathy

Hi Malar,
    Whatever the next medical step its only after December. i m bored to see stuffs like those.... Sure. If natural way of conception doesn't click, i will try IUI. Just i am taking enough time to it!!!

Hi Vidya,
    For my case, i can't hide any from my MIL & SILs they will came to know. I need to explain y i am taking leave, y i am coming late from work? Where i am going & so on. So its bit difficult to do any without they know it!!! But its not a problem. They are not against IUI or other procedures. Only i am not able to accept it. Lets see. How my life changes in time!!!!