TTC progress and two weeks wait...

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by seeba27, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seeba27

seeba27 New IL'ite

Dear ILs,

I have started this new thread for all those friends who are trying to conceive.
    we will discuss our progress until now,the steps we have taken to conceive,and let us share our feelings during the two weeks wait period after ovulation.I personally feel this will be very useful to everyone.
    First I will start with my story.. join me with yours..
    We have been trying for the past one year.Iam just taking prenatal vitamins for the past one year..though recently for the past two months having 'pregnacare trying to conceive' capsules.Dont know if it does any good..
    Since it has been too long we met a doctor who recommended a blood test and smear test for me and a sperm test for my hubby.My blood test has been done and the results seem to be normal.Today I went for smear test.I was afraid to do a smear test since today is day 21 of my cycle.Iam not sure if Iam pregnant this time,so had a doubt if a smear test will affect the pregnancy (just a hope :) .....if iam).I asked the nurse who was about to perform the test and she told its not advisable to do it at this stage.So I have to wait for my next period for my smear test.Hubbys sperm test is next week..And about tracking ovulation Iam using the BBT method,iam pretty sure iam ovulating but it varies like day 14,15,16,17 or 18 since mine is a bit irregular cycle..
    Now I will come to my two weeks wait period..I think this month my ovulation was on day 15th of my cycle.Today is day 21st...For the past three days i have mild pricking sensation in my abdomen..Iam not sure if Iam imagining it.Its really horrible to develop all the pregnancy symptoms after ovulation,though its not true:idea .Its horrible to wait one more week...
    Let us wait and see if my symptom is really true...(the same happens every month lol..:rotfl:rotfl
    I will update my progress...
    Friends join me with ur progress as it will be useful to many..

Regards,
    seeba

1 person likes this.

2. hemachidam

hemachidam New IL'ite

Hi seeba,

This is really a good thread and I am also joining with u.I am in ttc for the past 2yrs.I was diagnosed with PCOD before 2 yrs.I didnt take full treatment just taking metformin alone.After 6months I went to India and I took complete tests and put on medication for 3months.After that stopping the pill I conceived and I was really very very happy.But that ended in ectopic.After 4 months again I started my journey.Nothing happened.Next with clomid no follicles.Next month again all the tests Harmone Imbalance and cysts.Next with clomid no follicle.Next month with femera-8th day no trace giiven medicine,12-no given injection,14-no,16-16mm,17-LH positive.I got all the symptoms butRant.Next month no treatment-doctor was on vacation.Now this month femera I just went to see my doc on 11thday-18mm follicle,13th ovulated got thru bbt.Today 27th day(progesterone tablet completed on 25th day) waiting for my....I dont want to care this becoz day by day my feeling goes severe.I am having stomach pain,leg pain,etc.Yesterday I was crying I donno why.Lets hope we will soon go to the next step in our life.
    bye

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sheena n Hema & all TTC,
    I too join u all with my story....

We are TTC for more than a year... My Hubby is a general physician. He took his sperm test as a initial step!!! it is bit lower than normal.... He started having tablets for it!!! Since my periods were bit irregular(varies from 28 to 31), went for Ultra sound by months & came to know i hv PCOS..:-( then started taking Metformin for 1 n half month. I discontinued it since it made vomiting sensation n couldn't eat n so on.....

Then after 1 yr of married life my MIL & SIL forced me to meet a gynec.....:redface: then went for blood test n HSG which was recommended by gynec.... blood test showed increased level in Prolactin & HSG showed right tube block.... :-( cried sometimes after seeing my results!!!!:cry: Then started tablets for prolactin control(T. bromocrip) & for proper follicular development(T. letrozole from 3rd to 7th day). then U/S from 9th day..... Last month dominant follicule was found in Right side:!: n that month left out with not much try!!!!

This month its on leftside n good development in follicule & endometrium.:) i was given with a hcg injection by my 12thday(ovulation day). from that day having progesterone tablet for 15 days. Today is my 18th day.... on my 27th day gynec asked to take a blood test!!!!!:| Abt the symtoms on the waiting 2 weeks..... i used to hv leg pain, breast tenderness on all months(may be mind assumes some).... this month pain in lower abdomen is new to the list..... Doesn't know wats going on!!!!

Hoping this month atleast things favor me..... Trying to not to think all these.... Trying to be happy!!! If this month is not a successful one, i need to wait for 2 months for next attempt.... Need to face all ppl around me who are asking questions each day "Y i hv not conceived yet".... Have to face my MIL!!!! :hide:
    This is my (longest) story!!!! Sorry for writing this big!!!
    Thanks for reading this one!!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Hello Seeba,

Thanks for starting this nice thread and count me in :thumbsup.

Abt Me : I was diagnoised with PCOS 4 years back and was on OC pills till marriage. Last year I started my TTC with clomid but no use with it and then I went through ovarian drilling on November, started Metformin on Feb (eventhough I am not IR) and got my BFP on April with Femara + IUI. Sadly I miscarried it on May. I am still continuing my Metformin and I got my AFs for past three months with 20-30 days gap. Not sure if I am ovulating on own.

Currently I am trying without any treatments. From next month, I'll start meeting my RE and start the medical treatments and can join u gals in updating follicle, injection, 2WW etc etc...

Nice to have some company in this emotinal wrecking process !! Hope all of us can "graduate" to "I am pregnant" forum soon :cheers

Regards,
    Malar

1 person likes this.
  5. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

@Seeba : since u have already completed a week on 2ww, its only a week more. I really understand abt these symptoms. I will also imagine all these symtoms on my 2ww for past one year :rotfl. Btw, can you let me know how do u track ovulation by BBT ??

@Hema : Just relax and keep your mind free. Wait for few more days and test with HPT!! All the Best

@Vasumathy : Nice to know that follice developed on left side this month and endometrium is also looking good. I wish u a lot of lucks for this month. And jus ignore the comments especially MIL !!!!

6. wisha

wisha Senior IL'ite

hey...

count me also... just next month of my periods , i came to know i am PCOs,i went to docotor and started metformin..in 4th month of marriage only i got pregnant...but it was a case of missed abortion and i lost my baby exact 6 months after my marriage..after that i got depressed like nything(although my DH was very much with me...) i felt very alone... however after amonth of that i recollected myself and back to work..the strange thing that happend to me is just one week after the abortion ahen i went for USG the Pco was there but when i went for ultrasound during this cycle... no cysts has seen.. now my aunt(who is an experienced gynec ) is telling that probably i wont have PCOS..I stay away from hometown...not getting any good doc here..
    my MIL wants me to go to their place and take there doctor's opinion...as i am working Leaves are also problem... not getting any path...
    no medication as such now... now i am on general contraception pill..that is overall G(as my last periods was not stopping on 8th day)...Doc suggested me not to plan for next 6 months...about 2 months to pass...i have to wait for next 4 months...lets pray i will be graduated to "birth stories" via "i am pregnant"

loads of love and best wishes for you all,
    Wisha

7. seeba27

seeba27 New IL'ite

Hema,
    I went through your post and can feel the pain you are undergoing.
    Continue your treatments.Try to relax your mind. I know its difficult,especially when we hear that some one is pregnant.But we have to face life boldly.Iam sure one day we are going to be blessed with a baby,which will be a treasure to us as we know the value.
    Keep posting your progress..
    Baby dust to you:thumbsup
    Regards,
    seeba.

8. seeba27

seeba27 New IL'ite

Vasumathy,
    Hope your wait this month brings you good news.
    We both are sailing in the same boat.I too planned not to think about it when waiting,coz we will create symptoms...but this time i felt pricking sensations in my abdomen which is new and again my doubts started...:rotflIam unable to control my thoughts flowing,though my pricking have stopped a day ago.
    Update your result whatever it may be..bonk
    Baby dust to you.:thumbsup
    Regards,
    seeba.

9. seeba27

seeba27 New IL'ite

Malar,
    You will surely conceive soon.Have positive thoughts and continue your treatment.
    For tracking BBT, I bought a digital thermometer especially meant for tracking BBT from ebay and took the temperature everyday morning,before getting down from bed(even before brushing,going to loo etc...) and plotted the temperatures in the BBT graph.We can see that soon after ovulation ,the temperature increases sharply and will remain high until your next period.
    If we continue to plot the BBT graph for three or four months we will know at which time of our cycle we are ovulating.This works for ladies who get their periods every month even if a bit irregular(say b/w 30 to 40 days).
    Since you have mentioned you are taking treatments,the treatments may alter your body temperatures and the graph you plot may go wrong.Iam not sure about this malar.I will give you some links which will help you understand more.If you feel this method will work for you give it a try and let me know ..

Link for BBT chart in farenheit
    http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/bbt/pdf/bbtlongf.pdf
    Link for BBT chart in celsius
    http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/bbt/pdf/bbtlongc.pdf
    Links for learning more about BBT
    Charting your BBT (Basal Body Temperature)
    Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com
    MyMonthlyCycles - Menstrual Calendar, Ovulation Calendar, Fertility Cycles

Update your progress
    Baby dust to you:thumbsup

Regards,
    seeba

10. seeba27

seeba27 New IL'ite

As of today many of my symptoms have vanished and iam looking forward for my periods to arrive..but still my hope to be pregnant seems to be the same..:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.